Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for this. 18mths is a long time to be so careful for though isnt it. I don't blame you for going to play sport. Was it outside? If so your risk is reduced. You have to be 1m or less for 15mins so hopefully you won't have had that much physical contact with the positive personn... X
There's that but this one is always needing a footnote just in case, to clarify it's a balance of probability thing so if someone is right in your face then your fifteen minutes is basically up.

Fortunately it seems this occasion was a friendly game so nobody up close and shouty! Unless they knew each other really well 😇

60 million doses of Pfizer on order according to this , but we may need more boosters for variants of concern once they’re ready 💉

Reactions: 1
There's that but this one is always needing a footnote just in case, to clarify it's a balance of probability thing so if someone is right in your face then your fifteen minutes is basically up.

Fortunately it seems this occasion was a friendly game so nobody up close and shouty! Unless they knew each other really well 😇
Was definitely a very friendly game! Minimal defence and not as intense as I am used to as a competitive basketball player. Barely any shouting and everyone just enjoying themselves and having fun!
Realistically i would say I was in close proximity to the person for 10 minutes max.

My fingers are firmly crossed!

So 24 hours after my second Pfizer I am shattered! Feel as exhausted as I did post c section when the drugs wore off and being awake for 24 hours kicked in. Feel very spaced out and can't focus on anything. It's very weird but I don't have any fever or anything just very tired.

Reactions: 2
60 million doses of Pfizer on order according to this , but we may need more boosters for variants of concern once they’re ready 💉
I know not everyone is for the jab but this is great news for me and my family - my husband will be in group 1 I think - this has made me feel a little glimmer of hope for the first time in ages!

Thank you for sharing

Reactions: 6
My eldest niece (19) has tested positive yesterday (she did 3 LFTs and has ordered a PCR)
I've not been into contact with her but my nieces (her younger sisters) and my sister (her mum) were at mine all day Saturday morning. They all did LFTs today which were negative (apart from the 19 year old)

I should be fine to go on my holiday next week shouldn't I? 😬 travelling up north to visit family.

Two weeks after 'freedom' day cases are still dropping but not as much.

Also 219 more people in England hospitals than the day before. The number is now as high as 5,309 which scrolling through the days is the highest amount since March 17.......

Reactions: 3
I know not everyone is for the jab but this is great news for me and my family - my husband will be in group 1 I think - this has made me feel a little glimmer of hope for the first time in ages!

Thank you for sharing
Glad it's made you feel more at ease ,I'm sure they'll be contacting people shortly about what group they'll fall into . I believe it those that received the vaccines around Dec-Feb that will be called first .

Also 219 more people in England hospitals than the day before. The number is now as high as 5,309 which scrolling through the days is the highest amount since March 17.......

Still they are not being as transparent about whether those in hospital are being treated for covid exclusively or if they are in for other issues and tested positive on admission/during their stay. The percentage was around 40% hospital acquired cases a couple of weeks back.

Reactions: 3
Thank you, well put x

@AllSeeingEye123 I've worked throughout in school with around 1500 kids so very aware of how normal life needs to resume and I'm not scared to leave my house. 1 in 65 people currently have covid, that's way too high for my liking.

Just putting it out there that forum has massively changed from the early days. It feels far too insensitive and judgemental.

Edit tho say that I didn't 'presume my sil had covid with no proof'. Rather, I'm being cautious as a CLINICALLY VUNERABLE AND PREGNANT woman and IF she did catch the virus at the weekend, she may not show a positive on a lateral flow for 10 days, by which time it would be too late and I'd be exposed to it/her. Yes this may be me over thinking but let me live. Goodness me. How rude!!
I honestly can't believe the change in this thread either!!! I hardly post but have been an avid reader throughout this pandemic as I found it a lovely place for folk to air their views and ask for advice in a non judgemental environment?? What the hell happened?? I hope you are ok 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I honestly can't believe the change in this thread either!!! I hardly post but have been an avid reader throughout this pandemic as I found it a lovely place for folk to air their views and ask for advice in a non judgemental environment?? What the hell happened?? I hope you are ok 😘 xx
It's turned really quite nasty and dismissive, glad it's not just me that's noticed. Thanks v much.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's turned really quite nasty and dismissive, glad it's not just me that's noticed. Thanks v much.
Personally I think it's just flipped. Before it was nasty and dismissive towards people who were sceptical of the vaccine and now it's gone the other way toward people who are sceptical of restrictions ending. I think it's just a narrative shift other than anything else.

Reactions: 12
I think because the Covid news itself is pretty slow people just tend to turn on each other instead .

Personally I think it's just flipped. Before it was nasty and dismissive towards people who were sceptical of the vaccine and now it's gone the other way toward people who are sceptical of restrictions ending. I think it's just a narrative shift other than anything else.
That is very true!

Thats exactly it! I gave up reading here because as soon as you pointed out any discrepancy you were shot down as a conspiracy theorist, so I went to the CT thread.
We all know how that turned out 🤷🏼‍♀️

That said, I still respect anyone for being cautious, or wanting to wear masks, or people wanting eleventy million vaccines. You do you, and I'll do me.
I'd would like to think that even the people who are still scared would respect that, the same as I respect their views

Reactions: 14

Hopefully the people in hospital are recovering then being discharged, rather than being long term patients. Is this information available to the public? A lot of them probably caught covid in hospital, too.

If you Google nurse immuniser then hundreds of jobs will appear throughout England and Scotland.
Now, it could be for the normal role out for flu/hpv/teen booster jabs.
However, they're asking for the applicant to be up to date on the Gillick test, which I know is now mentioned on school vaccine letters and it never has been before.
Maybe, and more likely, it's for the covid vaccines for secondary age children. This is one I'd love to be proved wrong on, but my gut says otherwise 😔
Yes I saw but think this is to do with flu.
Government don't give monkeys about kids and covid or they would have vaccinated before new academic year term started.
All pfizer will go to boosters over 50s and cev.
My 15 year old wants the vaccine now.

I think there's massive lack of testing and to some extent get why.
Education staff gad to test twice a week term time they want a break.
Parents off work as summer holidays..
Some have breaks away and uk holidays don't require covid tests.
Kids also not regularly testing.
Weather is in the whole good so people happy meet outdoors.

These figures don't fill me confidence numbers won't worsen

274k less tests over 3 days 104k of which are PCR.

Time will tell.

Day 3 since pfizer 2nd dose feel slightly more energetic today but still tired.

Mentioned a few times on here that they should do this. Get hospital machinery bought to get waiting lists down. People should be able to go to a venue which doesn't have to be a hospital and get seen and their results same day. Technology is advancing that much that in the next few decades at the latest people will be getting scanned everywhere for health reasons.

You'll walk through a scanner to get in a supermarket after swiping your loyalty card, the images passed on to a expert to look at and if they see anything sinister they would get in touch as they have your details from swiping your loyalty card.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.