Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
60 million doses of Pfizer on order according to this , but we may need more boosters for variants of concern once they’re ready 💉
Thanks Monga, I’ll be in stage 1 as immune suppressed.
Well done on the positive news story! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I knew nanjing was in lockdown and they mass testing millions people and taking it very seriously and now wuhan again.

I am just wondering and curious why China being so extreme.
As UK and Europe and America are living with covid and treating it like flu which its not.
Australia are struggling with zero covid strategy how because they failed vaccinate fast enough

We are assuming chinas vaccinated most if its population if it has time to mass test millions twice.
Did China shut borders?
I assume sheer volume population means health care would struggle if too many sick.
Also if would decrease working productivity i guess.
Just seems really extreme if they have vaccines and other therapies.
I guess no ones quite sure what's happened in China we saw wuhan normal in New year.
China has been giving thier vaccines to covax and poorer countries.
I wonder and just putting it out there I know I sound like conspiracy theorists but my trust in most things is at an all time low.
We know from each flu outbreak different varient and vaccines need tweaking .
China did so well last March maybe they knew the exact answer to fight the makeup of the original varient.
But now its delta is mass panic.
Does China not make people think why such extreme at same time bojo announces let's get rid of red list and people need 3 vaccines in 1 year to be suitably protected from covid.

Reactions: 2

This is so surreal. It’s exactly like it was here in 2020. And it was then proven that people going to beach had zero impact on covid levels.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
The Germans will offer boosters to anyone that had the AZ / J&J vaccine
0512622F-9CDA-4D91-8DD4-747589AA1A4B.jpeg

The Germans will offer boosters to anyone that had the AZ / J&J vaccine View attachment 694199
No, it's anyone, not just those that had AZ. What it says is that everyone will get the Pfizer booster regardless of whether they had AZ/Moderna/JJ/Pfizer 1st. Most of the countries that used Pfizer are saying that immunity seems to drop off, not sure if the same applies with other vaccines. Germany didn't really use AZ that much, most of their vaccinations were Pfizer

ETA Just found this article which suggests that the AZ seems to give a far better T Cell response but it was a very small study. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56744317

Reactions: 1
No, it's anyone, not just those that had AZ. What it says is that everyone will get the Pfizer booster regardless of whether they had AZ/Moderna/JJ/Pfizer 1st. Most of the countries that used Pfizer are saying that immunity seems to drop off, not sure if the same applies with other vaccines. Germany didn't really use AZ that much, most of their vaccinations were Pfizer

ETA Just found this article which suggests that the AZ seems to give a far better T Cell response but it was a very small study. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56744317
It's the elderly will get a booster regardless and younger people that had AZ will also get a Pfizer top up it doesn't say younger people that had Pfizer will get one ?...That report is from the beginning of April when Delta wasn't the dominant variant,

Sweden continues to do well. They have shown it's better to ride out peaks to build up immunity in the community, rather than shutting back down. That's why the UK is starting to reap rewards from opening back up two weeks ago, with very few restrictions still about.

Reactions: 4
Just sat waiting after my second jab and the vaccine centre has a mini photo booth called 'vaccineagram'... I'm presuming this is for the 18 year olds to encourage them?! Very bizarre 🤣
I thought I’d read something tragic this morning which about a dead body being found....

but no, on the tragic scale 1-10 this is a solid eleven point five. 😐 clear winner.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

They are going off the amount of people being admitted to hospital, but the number in hospital is still the highest number since middle of March. By the end of next week numbers should be a lot better though.

The absolute right decision in my opinion
I'm sure it's a relief for a lot of school staff, she's also bringing in extra measures to improve ventilation for schools and daycare services more than can be said for the other nations .

Reactions: 3
This will win the argument for vaccine passports for pubs and clubs

Face masks making a comeback on the Isle of Man

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Why? From everything I have read lately, vaccinated people can still catch the covid, and they can still spread the covid.
They are just less likely to need hospitalisation or die.

So what good does limiting the customer base to only the vaccinated actually do?

Reactions: 7
Why? From everything I have read lately, vaccinated people can still catch the covid, and they can still spread the covid.
They are just less likely to need hospitalisation or die.

So what good does limiting the customer base to only the vaccinated actually do?
Not much ,only that it will spread amongst the vaccinated ! they even want people to double mask regardless of vaccine status .You should see some of the stuff that's going down in America they're going full throttle against those that don't want vaccines .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.