Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Abcd123 it's ok to feel scared, we've been scared for 18 months and not lived normal.
Psychologically it will take time and it's perfectly normal and acceptable to go at a pace that's comfortable individually.

Reactions: 9
Have you seen how much stuff it made in China that we rely on in everyday life .
Exactly and we have a couple of million in the UK without a job and a lot of the still two million on furlough will be looking for work soon too, so the government could have been working at helping people back in to work making things China do for us so we don't need them.

What a sobering read that is. Doctors think the worse of something so when it's not as bad as it could have been it's a result. There are too many people registered to the same GP surgeries across the country. Where I live has massively increased in size since childhood with way too many houses being built on fields, but the village surgery being the same size. As a kid and teenager you could get to see your doctor easily and now it's far harder.
[/QUOTE]
I find that interseting because where I live, whilst there has been housebuilding, it's only increased the Village size by roughly 10% but both our Surgeries are way bigger than they were when I was young. My previous surgery originally had 2 F/T GP's and a PT GP plus a practice nurse over 2 locations now 1 of those locations has gone and the other one has about 10 GP's in it. I could previously always get an appointment within 24 hours with the same GP because he was pretty much the only 1 there and I always walked out happy. When he sold up and it was taken over the quality of the GP's disintegrated, I never saw the same person twice, I didn't feel comfortable that my health issue had been adequately diagnosed and eventually after 40 years I moved to the other practice. All they ever wanted to do was hand over anti depressants, they even tried to get my then 18 year old son on them before they found out he actually had a vitamin d deficiency

How annoying would it be to catch covid from a tiger at the zoo??
Spend 18mths restricting contact with people, mask wearing and all the other tit to then catch it from an animal 😂😂😂

In related news. Taking the family to the zoo next week for a birthday so that was a well timed read 🙃🙃

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Spend 18mths restricting contact with people, mask wearing and all the other tit to then catch it from an animal 😂😂😂

In related news. Taking the family to the zoo next week for a birthday so that was a well timed read 🙃🙃
Don’t get too close to the 🐅 is my advice…and enjoy ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3

If you're that close to a tiger I'd be more scared of having my head bitten off by it than catching covid from it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just to clarify I don't feel vaccines should be mandatory.
I don't agree with vaccine passports as clearly vaccinated people can transmit the virus.
I just want the same mitigating measures Europe and American are using
Masks indoors
Vaccinating teens
Better ventilation in schools
Distancing where possible and smaller classes the UK has some of the largest classes in Europe.
The city and urban areas have super sized schools.

My 15 year old has mild asthma she is not classes as cev that appears be very narrow list and difficult to access.
Shes encourage get flu jab because of her asthma which is worse in winter.
She won't be 16 until Feb and my local drop in vaccine centre i had my 2nd jab yesterday said under 18s only.
I think depends where you live how easy it is for 16 and 17 year olds get access bit postcode lottery.

Was slow where I am to call up 40 year plus plus .
Lots of speculation that we not vaccinating teens because lack pfizer supply.
We getting more in September.

But then I read this

All over 50s and cev get 3rd pfizer booster in sept which will take up all resources , sites to facilitate them therefore young people still bottom of the priority list.
By that time school will be struggling with covid staff off and kids.
Cases will inevitable spread as we seen twice with secondary age kids being biggest group to increase and many did pass it onto to their parents.

We told last 18months be caution agoud getting covid.
Now media says its inevitable and you won't get that I'll.
I would rather avoid getting ill which is why I decided to have the vaccine.
Although we know now double vaccinated people are getting it and some ending up in hospital.

If they want this herd immunity and they say every jab in arms us helping the UK.
Now they bribing and blackmailing young adults under 25 with free maccy ds vouchers and saying no jab no club why not open up choice to teens and parents as surely that will increase overall percentage of population vaccinated therefore increasing immunity.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
Sounds brilliant. Go enjoy yourself at a packed cinema. Time to get back to normal.

Reactions: 2
Just to clarify I don't feel vaccines should be mandatory.
I don't agree with vaccine passports as clearly vaccinated people can transmit the virus.
I just want the same mitigating measures Europe and American are using
Masks indoors
Vaccinating teens
Better ventilation in schools
Distancing where possible and smaller classes the UK has some of the largest classes in Europe.
The city and urban areas have super sized schools.

My 15 year old has mild asthma she is not classes as cev that appears be very narrow list and difficult to access.
Shes encourage get flu jab because of her asthma which is worse in winter.
She won't be 16 until Feb and my local drop in vaccine centre i had my 2nd jab yesterday said under 18s only.
I think depends where you live how easy it is for 16 and 17 year olds get access bit postcode lottery.

Was slow where I am to call up 40 year plus plus .
Lots of speculation that we not vaccinating teens because lack pfizer supply.
We getting more in September.

But then I read this

All over 50s and cev get 3rd pfizer booster in sept which will take up all resources , sites to facilitate them therefore young people still bottom of the priority list.
By that time school will be struggling with covid staff off and kids.
Cases will inevitable spread as we seen twice with secondary age kids being biggest group to increase and many did pass it onto to their parents.

We told last 18months be caution agoud getting covid.
Now media says its inevitable and you won't get that I'll.
I would rather avoid getting ill which is why I decided to have the vaccine.
Although we know now double vaccinated people are getting it and some ending up in hospital.

If they want this herd immunity and they say every jab in arms us helping the UK.
Now they bribing and blackmailing young adults under 25 with free maccy ds vouchers and saying no jab no club why not open up choice to teens and parents as surely that will increase overall percentage of population vaccinated therefore increasing immunity.
They must have stocked up on more vaccines they're offering us a choice of 3 now so maybe they'll use Moderna for the teens as it's been approved for that age group.

Just sat waiting after my second jab and the vaccine centre has a mini photo booth called 'vaccineagram'... I'm presuming this is for the 18 year olds to encourage them?! Very bizarre 🤣

• Haha
Did you read the post properly? 🧐
Yes. The longer people leave it to live normal life, the harder it will get for them. People are already really used to living differently and being told what to do more. I think it's fantastic for businesses getting to operate again as they were built to and that so many people who have really suffered are getting back out there and not worrying about what might happen. Another drop in infections today as well so much more to be happy about.

Reactions: 4
Yes. The longer people leave it to live normal life, the harder it will get for them. People are already really used to living differently and being told what to do more. I think it's fantastic for businesses getting to operate again as they were built to and that so many people who have really suffered are getting back out there and not worrying about what might happen. Another drop in infections today as well so much more to be happy about.
Your reply is really insensitive to the original poster as they clearly have their reasons for feeling the way they do. It is OKAY to feel anxious and nervous, it doesn’t mean they do not want to get back to some form of normality.

There are people who are not worrying about what might happen, but you will equally find people who will remained worried and cautious and that is OKAY. People will do what they deem is best for them and what they are comfortable with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Your reply is really insensitive to the original poster as they clearly have their reasons for feeling the way they do. It is OKAY to feel anxious and nervous, it doesn’t mean they do not want to get back to some form of normality.

There are people who are not worrying about what might happen, but you will equally find people who will remained worried and cautious and that is OKAY. People will do what they deem is best for them and what they are comfortable with.
The woman said she had been double jabbed. She wants to take her son to the cinema. She's going on holiday. All great happy things. She's assuming her sister in law had covid with no proof just thinking the worse. She can get the sister in law to take a test.

When would be the right time for people not to worry? It's not insensitive to ask the question. Do you not agree that after a year and a half the longer people leave it to get back to normal the harder it will be when they do? We have a lot to be thankful for as we are in one of the best positions in the world. Of course people can be scared and shouldn't be complacent, but life is for living and people hiding away are missing out on making memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The woman said she had been double jabbed. She wants to take her son to the cinema. She's going on holiday. All great happy things. She's assuming her sister in law had covid with no proof just thinking the worse. She can get the sister in law to take a test.

When would be the right time for people not to worry? It's not insensitive to ask the question. Do you not agree that after a year and a half the longer people leave it to get back to normal the harder it will be when they do? We have a lot to be thankful for as we are in one of the best positions in the world. Of course people can be scared and shouldn't be complacent, but life is for living and people hiding away are missing out on making memories.
No I don’t really agree as I cannot possibly know how each and everyone deals with things and to them, remaining cautious might be what feels right for whatever reasons or personal circumstance.

Sure life is for living, but people make choices based on what is right for them. People remaining cautious or feeling anxious DOES NOT mean they are hiding away or not wanting to make memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Thank you, well put x

@AllSeeingEye123 I've worked throughout in school with around 1500 kids so very aware of how normal life needs to resume and I'm not scared to leave my house. 1 in 65 people currently have covid, that's way too high for my liking.

Just putting it out there that forum has massively changed from the early days. It feels far too insensitive and judgemental.

Edit tho say that I didn't 'presume my sil had covid with no proof'. Rather, I'm being cautious as a CLINICALLY VUNERABLE AND PREGNANT woman and IF she did catch the virus at the weekend, she may not show a positive on a lateral flow for 10 days, by which time it would be too late and I'd be exposed to it/her. Yes this may be me over thinking but let me live. Goodness me. How rude!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
I am as have someone vulnerable at home.

Even if I didn’t I would continue with the social distancing and facemasks though - I hate being poorly and the prospect of long covid scares me!

Reactions: 4
Just wanted to state that when hospital doctors describe covid cases as "mild", they also would describe a person who has been run over by a truck that they have managed to stabilise as "comfortable"

• Haha
  • Wow
Jabs for vulnerable Scottish kids
Why just Scottish when it comes to jabs its uk purchased and decided don't think Scotland or Wales can do their own thing.
Also are they aware Scottish term and think ni start back earlier so the kids won't be double jabbed in time for when term starts unless they doing 3 week gap but even the thats push as 2 weeks after 2nd dose to take effect .

I agree lifes for living we have to love with covid to some extent.
But people have every right to be cautious they may have vulnerable family and friends .
I don't call my kids plague monkeys for no reason.

None of us know what will happen in autumn i think some will start to realise how covid effect wider society as even if you don't isolate as close contact you isolate if you have covid.
I believe lifting all restrictions will see big rises in autumn winter meaning we have greater chance catching covid even if we double jabbed, ill kids at home, teachers off and shortage of essential services like NHS and workers.

We don't have 70% of uk population double jabbed we have more 50_60 % taking out children who we refuse to vaccinate and many major big cities in England have woeful levels of double vaxxed.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.