Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Schools shouldn't be coming out with stuff that hasn't been confirmed and if kids are to have it then it should be the same length of time as adults between doses, so mid September and the next dose in January seems far apart.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how many a day are tested in England
This time last year were testing 52,000. a day

Reactions: 1
For example, a study conducted by Public Health England found that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the delta variant (people vaccinated were 88% less likely to develop symptomatic infection compared to people who were unvaccinated), compared with about 93% effective against the alpha variant, the previous dominant variant. That study found that the two-dose AstraZeneca vaccine was 60% effective against the delta variant, compared with 66% against the alpha variant.
Scientists are concerned that the delta variant causes a higher viral load than the alpha strain even after vaccination this came out of public health England yesterday I’ll link the telegraph they discussed it.

Here you go, quick google shows several:

Nope, try again.

• Haha
Scientists are concerned that the delta variant causes a higher viral load than the alpha strain even after vaccination this came out of public health England yesterday I’ll link the telegraph they discussed it.

Nope, try again.

The article you posted doesn’t have the full article, you have to sign up for access and I don’t really want to do that. 😅 Also the article (from what I can see in the headline) talks about transmission, I thought we were discussing how effective the vaccine was. 🧐

Nope, try again.

Errrrm maybe you try again. It’s behind a paywall but from the headline… That’s about transmission… not hospitalisation 🤔

Does anyone know how many a day are tested in England
This time last year were testing 52,000. a day
Daily tests are 754,137 in England!
DE60DF50-F191-458C-BEF2-2412A11A4A4E.jpeg

Errrrm maybe you try again. It’s behind a paywall but from the headline… That’s about transmission… not hospitalisation 🤔
The article you posted doesn’t have the full article, you have to sign up for access and I don’t really want to do that. 😅
Oh I pay my subscription I quite like the telegraph!

Okay still, it’s about transmission. Not hospitalisation. The studies I have posted show that the vaccines are still effective in preventing hospitalisation from delta…
Nope they aren’t, people are still in hospital with delta double vaccinated.
A7EEA2FE-F88E-4575-813C-15770F827F99.jpeg

The article you posted doesn’t have the full article, you have to sign up for access and I don’t really want to do that. 😅 Also the article (from what I can see in the headline) talks about transmission, I thought we were discussing how effective the vaccine was. 🧐
If you want to get around a paywall article that's on any website copy the URL link and put it on the website www.archive.is and you get around it :)

Even the angel who can do no wrong in New Zealand can be as shady as Boris when she wants to be.

Nope they aren’t, people are still in hospital with delta double vaccinated.
View attachment 702016
I’m not saying there aren’t still people in hospital who are vaccinated, of course there will be? Do you not understand what not 100% effective means? 🤔 it means there will still be some who will be vaccinated and go on to be hospitalised or die. Again, here’s the study with the effectiveness 😊

I’m not saying there aren’t still people in hospital who are vaccinated, of course there will be? Do you not understand what not 100% effective means? 🤔 it means there will still be some who will be vaccinated. Again, here’s the study with the effectiveness 😊

You’ll see from the itv news article more people were vaccinated than unvaccinated in hospital with delta.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

It gets worse for Australians. It reminds me of here when people were only allowed out an hour a day when millions live in flats with no gardens so don't have that option, so need to be outside more than most.

You’ll see from the itv news article more people were vaccinated than unvaccinated in hospital with delta.
The majority of the population are vaccinated so ratio wise that makes total sense but that article is also old. Vallance stated on the 19th July briefing that 60% in hospital were unvaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That does not represent everyone that has gone into hospital, unvaccinated, 1 dose of the vaccine or fully vaccinated. You cannot make an informed decision based on a snippet of data.
I wouldn’t advise anyone to make an informed decision based on any one single piece of data. Nor was the conversation ever about making a decision I wouldn’t be responsible for any decision someone makes about their health I’d suggest reading information from reliable sources and checking out the stats and how likely the individual is likely to be effected from covid. No two people are the same so everyone’s decision will be different just like the process should be around accepting or declining any form of medication.

My cousin who is 36 had is first jab no problem, after his second jab he took a severe reaction with no prior health conditions, he suffered heart failure and his heart function was down to 15%. He was lucky to survive his consultant said it’s linked to his second Pfizer jab. He’s now got a pacemaker and on lifelong meds. Is the vaccine right for some people? Absolutely. Is it wrong for some people? Absolutely. It’s not a one size fits all.

• Sad
I wouldn’t advise anyone to make an informed decision based on any one single piece of data. Nor was the conversation ever about making a decision I wouldn’t be responsible for any decision someone makes about their health I’d suggest reading information from reliable sources and checking out the stats and how likely the individual is likely to be effected from covid. No two people are the same so everyone’s decision will be different just like the process should be around accepting or declining any form of medication.

My cousin who is 36 had is first jab no problem, after his second jab he took a severe reaction with no prior health conditions, he suffered heart failure and his heart function was down to 15%. He was lucky to survive his consultant said it’s linked to his second Pfizer jab. He’s now got a pacemaker and on lifelong meds. Is the vaccine right for some people? Absolutely. Is it wrong for some people? Absolutely. It’s not a one size fits all.
Sorry I meant to say ‘informed conclusion’ rather than ‘decision’…I have since edited my post to correct the word. Unfortunately there is a lot of mis information spreading on the internet and social media and instead of helping people make informed decisions, it does the opposite.

Really sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope he is on the mend and is receiving the best medical care.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.