Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I've read there isn't a definitive answer for this.
If you read science articles then the jury is still out, words like 'may' and 'might' are used.
The NHS and CDC say you should still get the vaccine, but then they would say that, other scientists say different as is normal in any other medical situation.
With both natural immunity and vaccination the odds of future infection and level of illness are both dependent on age, comorbitities ect

Surely if vaccines were the only way to secure longer immunity, then proof of previous covid infection wouldn't be used on the domestic passports 🤔

If a business owner does try playing that card then they need to tread carefully as vaccines aren't mandated and legally they might be open to being sued
There’s also evidence to suggest people with vaccine immunity are 6 times more likely to develop a reinfection when compared with people with natural immunity. This study was carried out in Israel I believe!

Reactions: 4
If you read science articles then the jury is still out, words like 'may' and 'might' are used.
The NHS and CDC say you should still get the vaccine, but then they would say that, other scientists say different as is normal in any other medical situation.
With both natural immunity and vaccination the odds of future infection and level of illness are both dependent on age, comorbitities ect

Surely if vaccines were the only way to secure longer immunity, then proof of previous covid infection wouldn't be used on the domestic passports 🤔

If a business owner does try playing that card then they need to tread carefully as vaccines aren't mandated and legally they might be open to being sued
More employers are now looking at mandating them

Must be enough cases if the safety committee are studying it! So scary 😦
I’m sure they’ll release their findings soon , I think it’s a good thing they’re picking these things up quick enough ,especially the EMA they seem to be on the ball before any of the others .Be interested to know what age groups are most affected as those are the two vaccines approved for kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Thank you so much for asking, I’m actually feeling much better which I find suspect lol but I’m not complaining. Maybe I was just worried about becoming ill so much it made me feel worse?
I am glad to hear you are feeling much better today. 😊 Worry and stress can make you feel worse so it could have added to how you were feeling. I’ve made myself ill so many times from stress and anxiety. Even being physically sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Pfizer is 84% after six months.....

Moderna after six months is 93%....

I don't support segregation I support everyone having the right to choose to make their own decision so much like you don't want the vaccine companies might want people to if they are to work for them or be a customer and that is also their choice. It's not up to the unvaccinated to tell people how to run their businesses and it's not up to the government to tell people to take a jab.
Unfortunately, the Government mandating vaccination removes the freedom of choice for both bosses and the employees. That is the issue. Believe it or not, I don’t have an issue with individual companies doing so if they feel at risk.
However in my scenario, my boss knows my vaccine status and has no issue with it. In fact he actively encouraged staff to respected him others personal choices. I am at risk of losing my job because of mandating. Therefore both my boss and myself lose out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't see how they could be sued for running the safety of their own business how they see fit. It's not like they are being racist by not allowing people of colour in.

Reactions: 5

Businesses aare free to choose who they deal with as long as they don't break any discrimination laws and chossing not to be vaccinated is not a protected characteristic. Comes down to good old choice, freedom to choose not to vaccinate and freedom to choose not to interact with people that make that choice.

I don't see how they could be sued for running the safety of their own business how they see fit. It's not like they are being racist by not allowing people of colour in.
They won;t be sued, vaccination choice is not a protected characteristic and aslong as business follows equality laws they can choose who and who not to do business with. Businesses also have a responsibility to protect their staff so I would say they are more at risk of being sued by a member of staff who catches covid at work.

Reactions: 3
Chillingly I predicted this. Here's a post of mine from a few weeks back..........

Nothing to sign? 😯
I know it's highly unlikely but that could have been a random person jabbing people with good knows what. Just because someone looks like a medic and may even have some sort of i.d, please everyone, be careful, especially in these situations when you are in a vulnerable situation and your life is in a strangers hands, check all is OK and if you are in any doubt or something doesn't add up don't do it.
Nothing is more important than your own personal safety, not even covid or any other person. It's easy to trust what you are seeing in front of you but ask questions and be sure you are getting all the info you require and if they can't take a few minutes or can't answer your questions then don't feel pressured into anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Chillingly I predicted this. Here's a post of mine from a few weeks back..........

Nothing to sign? 😯
I know it's highly unlikely but that could have been a random person jabbing people with good knows what. Just because someone looks like a medic and may even have some sort of i.d, please everyone, be careful, especially in these situations when you are in a vulnerable situation and your life is in a strangers hands, check all is OK and if you are in any doubt or something doesn't add up don't do it.
Nothing is more important than your own personal safety, not even covid or any other person. It's easy to trust what you are seeing in front of you but ask questions and be sure you are getting all the info you require and if they can't take a few minutes or can't answer your questions then don't feel pressured into anything.
Can you please predict lottery numbers too?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
More employers are now looking at mandating them
The problem is that it's not mandatory unless you work in a care setting that is overseen by CQC. Companies can ask, but they need to be very careful about mandating, even ACAS and other legal bodies are giving that advice as it can be seen as discriminatory to pressure anyone and insist

Businesses aare free to choose who they deal with as long as they don't break any discrimination laws and chossing not to be vaccinated is not a protected characteristic. Comes down to good old choice, freedom to choose not to vaccinate and freedom to choose not to interact with people that make that choice.

They won;t be sued, vaccination choice is not a protected characteristic and aslong as business follows equality laws they can choose who and who not to do business with. Businesses also have a responsibility to protect their staff so I would say they are more at risk of being sued by a member of staff who catches covid at work.
No, vaccination isn't a protected characteristic, but asking for medical history isn't something they can insist on. If you say you're exempt, then it's illegal to ask why. It's illegal to ask your medical history, so to sack you based on your rights is discrimination, or against employment law if you've done nothing else wrong to do with your job

Reactions: 6

Nothing to sign? 😯
You did say that to me on the vaccine thread and of course people jumped on you for even thinking it.... just goes to show what people are capable of:oops: .

The problem is that it's not mandatory unless you work in a care setting that is overseen by CQC. Companies can ask, but they need to be very careful about mandating, even ACAS and other legal bodies are giving that advice as it can be seen as discriminatory to pressure anyone and insist

No, vaccination isn't a protected characteristic, but asking for medical history isn't something they can insist on. If you say you're exempt, then it's illegal to ask why. It's illegal to ask your medical history, so to sack you based on your rights is discrimination, or against employment law if you've done nothing else wrong to do with your job
Trinity College in Dublin are another place that think third level students should be mandated to have it ,if it happens the floodgates will open .

Being vegan is a protected characteristic to decline the vaccine. Would be a hard case to sue someone on the basis that they caught covid at work seeing vaccinated and unvaccinated give off the same viral load and transmission happens even amongst vaccinated folk so I wouldn’t worry too much about that!

You did say that to me on the vaccine thread and of course people jumped on you for even thinking it.... just goes to show what people are capable of:oops: .

Trinity College in Dublin are another place that think third level students should be mandated to have it ,if it happens the floodgates will open .
I said months ago how employment law and human rights law hasn't caught up with all this covid tit.
As it stands your rights are in your favour, what's against you is the pressure from companies, the fact that finding a job is like finding unicorn tit and the fact that the public are being put on the spot.
So after a year of being beaten down and scared shitless not many people have any fight left in them.
Not many people either were confrontational (which some companies took advantage of anyway), or want to be confrontational now because they're scared of losing their livelihoods and are really running low due to the fatigue that's been put on them.
Meanwhile again companies will take advantage of that.
It's completely out of order, counts as discrimination, coercion, against human rights and probably another God knows how many breeches.

So when people wonder why there are protests they need to consider that this is one of many reasons why. The minority are desperately trying to protect the majority

Reactions: 8
This happened in Canada and America too, but it’s claimed that it was only a small number of people. Do we really know how many and which countries?
It said 8600 in Germany ,mostly elderly ! Never heard about the other countries.

Alberta are really going for the living with covid approach
73CD4F5B-B7FB-4579-9897-0CAEC7B7F25A.jpeg
D56873CE-2EA7-4E4A-A289-DC601E7FF935.jpeg
72B0A370-30B6-477A-989B-92DB561328B6.jpeg

It’s these conditions they’re looking into and I see menstrual disorders in there too .

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Nightclubs in wales still seem to be asking for track and trace details from everyone. What are they gonna do, contact every fucker if one of them goes down with covid? Doesn’t really make any sense 🤷‍♀️ I thought checking in wasn’t mandatory (haven’t been asked for details anywhere in England)

That's good news. Blood clots are something we've not been told about for a while so I did wonder if people still got them after a jab. Thankfully it looks like they have stopped :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.