Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the protest movement has been infiltrated to make people look like morons. That way genuine people with reasonable objections can also be made to look idiotic. That has always happened at any protest. Decent people then have their voice tarnished.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I posted about my best friend in the vaccine forum. She had a heart , lung and kidney transplant as a teenager. She currently has kidney failure and she has been double vaccinated with pfizer and she has been fine. I wont have a vaccine but that is my friends experience, she will also be taking the booster when it comes out. She is 45 and quite frail. Perhaps you could delay it and research a bit more if you feel very anxious. My friend would say talk to your gp. She said it to me tonight, but i made my mind up long ago. Im sorry i havent got any specific advice but i can only tell you her experience. xx
Thank you due to health issues I have been a pest to my GP but I am ringing them in the morning to ask for some advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you due to health issues I have been a pest to my GP but I am ringing them in the morning to ask for some advice.
Good , i hope you work out what is best for you. If you still not sure after seeing the gp then wait a while. You can always change your mind at any point. Good luck i know it must be very stressful xx

Reactions: 3
Some of the protest movement has been infiltrated to make people look like morons. That way genuine people with reasonable objections can also be made to look idiotic. That has always happened at any protest. Decent people then have their voice tarnished.
Exactly. Also not everyone who protests and not everyone who declines a vaccine would accept being called an “anti vaxxer” for declining one vaccination on the schedule.

I think aswell that because the population is being categorised into 2 groups I.e vaccinated and unvaccinated it somehow translates to others that everyone who declines a vaccine is somehow a conspiracy theorist tin foil hat nutter. That’s simply not true it’s an attempt to discredit people who make a choice for themselves.

Ive witnessed a fair few vaccinated folk ditch their mask and not wash their hands entering shops etc anymore as if they’re under the illusion that their vaccine is a coat of arms - does this make me assume that all vaccinated people do this? No, because they don’t and you can’t judge an entire group of people based on the fact they came to the same decision on a choice about being offered a medication.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Exactly. Also not everyone who protests and not everyone who declines a vaccine would accept being called an “anti vaxxer” for declining one vaccination on the schedule.

I think aswell that because the population is being categorised into 2 groups I.e vaccinated and unvaccinated it somehow translates to others that everyone who declines a vaccine is somehow a conspiracy theorist tin foil hat nutter. That’s simply not true it’s an attempt to discredit people who make a choice for themselves.

Ive witnessed a fair few vaccinated folk ditch their mask and not wash their hands entering shops etc anymore as if they’re under the illusion that their vaccine is a coat of arms - does this make me assume that all vaccinated people do this? No, because they don’t and you can’t judge an entire group of people based on the fact they came to the same decision on a choice about being offered a medication.
Thank you. The media are creating this two tier society and people are falling for it. People are very judgemental now. I have never judged anybody for vaccinating or not, but i get judged every day by people who dont even know why i object. Peoples true colours are certainly coming out. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you. The media are creating this two tier society and people are falling for it. People are very judgemental now. I have never judged anybody for vaccinating or not, but i get judged every day by people who dont even know why i object. Peoples true colours are certainly coming out. xx
Totally! I must say the people on here who have chosen to vaccinate generally come across as far more aggressive and I’m not saying that I feel everyone who has accepted the vaccine is aggressive, I just mean that’s my experience of how I’ve been made to feel - I understand feelings are subjective though so not everyone will feel the same.

We see on the news everyday how violent people who decline a vaccine are portrayed to be and I’m not doubting there are some violent people who have chosen to decline the vaccine, but there’s no balance showing how people who have accepted the vaccine talk about excluding 12% of the population from daily life, telling them they don’t deserve nhs healthcare whether they pay taxes or not, telling them they wouldn’t be allowed or invited to their family and friends events. Making them out that declining a vaccine is the equivalent to mass murder ffs.

• Heart
I know, ive been called a murderer, i deserve to die, no health care etc obviously im a nutjob too even if they dont know the first thing about me ! Imagine a year or so ago people getting away with talking to people like absolute shite and some of the people who are doing it , not all, think they are the righteous ones. And no before anybody else butts in. I have never called anybody a sheep or brainwashed which is the usual retort. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have done all this. Not because I think the vaccine is a coat of arms, but because I think they were unnecessary measures in the first place.

I only wore a mask because it was the law to do so. As soon as it was no longer law I stopped wearing one.

Re: hand washing, I always wash when I return home. But don't when entering a shop. There is usually hand sanitiser, but as soon as you touch your phone or something you are putting germs back on your hands.

Last edited:
I have done all this. Not because I think the vaccine is a coat of arms, but because I think they were unnecessary measures in the first place.

I only wore a mask because it was the law to do so. As soon as it was no longer law I stopped wearing one.

Re: hand washing, I always wash when I return home. But don't when entering a shop. There is usually hand sanitiser, but as soon as you touch your phone or something you are putting germs back on your hands.
I am the same, I do not for one minute believe the vaccine makes me immortal but I have stopped wearing a mask.

I always wash my hands, have carried sanitiser around with me everywhere way before 2020. I usually like to keep away from people and I would much rather keep a distance than wear a mask.

I have accepted that I have done all I can and if I get it, it was just the way it was meant to be. A friend who was very very cautious all the way through has just got it, after being jabbed and to me there seems to be little rhyme or reason about who gets it, it’s just luck (or not).

Reactions: 7
They are there because they are morons. The BBC hasn't been at White City studios since 2013.
I didn't read the article, why are the headlines saying they descended on the BBC if the BBC isn't there?

just read it. it's the headlines that are misleading (there's a surprise) they were protesting outside the live broadcasting of loose women.

Currently, the site is used by BBC Studioworks with ITV live programmes such as This Morning and Loose Women filmed there, as well as some live BBC shows. The BBC Worlds News is filmed nearby.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I am the same, I do not for one minute believe the vaccine makes me immortal but I have stopped wearing a mask.

I always wash my hands, have carried sanitiser around with me everywhere way before 2020. I usually like to keep away from people and I would much rather keep a distance than wear a mask.

I have accepted that I have done all I can and if I get it, it was just the way it was meant to be. A friend who was very very cautious all the way through has just got it, after being jabbed and to me there seems to be little rhyme or reason about who gets it, it’s just luck (or not).
Its up to you both what you do to individually decrease your risk of catching covid, it’s no one else’s business what health precautions you take that’s the beauty of personal choice and freedom. The point I’m making though is all health bodies and overseeing organisations say that all health advice should be being done to minimise spread and protect the public - they say each of the steps are fundamental but the only noise people make is about those who don’t accept a vaccine. No one gets verbal abuse for not washing their hands when the enter the shop, no one gets told they’re a murderer for not keeping 2 meters distance but choose to decline the vaccine even though according to all of the health organisations and scientists they are just one cog in the machine that depends on all the other cogs too.

Reactions: 2
Its up to you both what you do to individually decrease your risk of catching covid, it’s no one else’s business what health precautions you take that’s the beauty of personal choice and freedom. The point I’m making though is all health bodies and overseeing organisations say that all health advice should be being done to minimise spread and protect the public - they say each of the steps are fundamental but the only noise people make is about those who don’t accept a vaccine. No one gets verbal abuse for not washing their hands when the enter the shop, no one gets told they’re a murderer for not keeping 2 meters distance but choose to decline the vaccine even though according to all of the health organisations and scientists they are just one cog in the machine that depends on all the other cogs too.
I think we have to accept there is name calling on both sides. If you think what you are doing is right then that’s all that matters. No side is worse than the other.

You aren’t going to stop people judging others, it’s human nature. While masks were law I certainly judged anyone with a nose penis.

I couldn’t care less what others do, except when they attack people especially those not involved, ie police etc. They are just doing their job and no one should be attacked, end of.

I think we have to accept there is name calling on both sides. If you think what you are doing is right then that’s all that matters. No side is worse than the other.

You aren’t going to stop people judging others, it’s human nature. While masks were law I certainly judged anyone with a nose penis.

I couldn’t care less what others do, except when they attack people especially those not involved, ie police etc. They are just doing their job and no one should be attacked, end of.
I’ve never ever condoned attacks on anyone or any organisation. Its unfair to assume everyone who declines a vaccine or supports a protest also supports attacking people the two don’t go hand in hand.

there might be name calling on both sides but there isn’t news articles talking about pro vaxxers and the things they do wrong, or even any balance about vaccines that have went wrong for a minority of people.

I care that people have freedom of choice. I find the die hard pro vaxxers very hypocritical for religiously encouraging and promoting vaccination but failing to cooperate with other health advice and disregarding it as unimportant but we actually have more data on those measures than we do the vaccine to know they’re important and safe 🤷‍♀️

I find the die hard pro vaxxers very hypocritical for religiously encouraging and promoting vaccination but failing to cooperate with other health advice and disregarding it as unimportant but we actually have more data on those measures than we do the vaccine to know they’re important and safe 🤷‍♀️
Do you have examples of this?

I wouldn't say either myself or @JoeBloggs are die hard pro vaccine.

I'm pretty sure the people who are are sticking to all the health measures.

Just because 2 people in a forum who have had the vaccine aren't wearing masks any more doesn't mean that that's case for everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve never ever condoned attacks on anyone or any organisation. Its unfair to assume everyone who declines a vaccine or supports a protest also supports attacking people the two don’t go hand in hand.

there might be name calling on both sides but there isn’t news articles talking about pro vaxxers and the things they do wrong, or even any balance about vaccines that have went wrong for a minority of people.

I care that people have freedom of choice. I find the die hard pro vaxxers very hypocritical for religiously encouraging and promoting vaccination but failing to cooperate with other health advice and disregarding it as unimportant but we actually have more data on those measures than we do the vaccine to know they’re important and safe 🤷‍♀️
Oh for goodness sake, I never said 'everyone' who declines a vaccine or supports a protest also supports attacking people. Can we please stop with this playground crap. I just said I do not support people who do it.

The balance of the vaccine is clear, I get that if you don't want it/believe it in your view is not going to be of that of the NHS/majority but it doesn't necessarily make their view unbalanced. The vaccines are working for the majority of people and a very very small minority have an issue, therefore it cannot be a balance viewed as the results are not balanced. It is working therefore that is what is going to be reported in the media, Karen's facebook may say something different.

At then end of the day if you are happy with your research and your decision why do you care what anyone else thinks. If the 'anti/no long/not covid' vaxxers want to be in the papers, get writing. If there are so many with that view it will get out there.

EDIT TO ADD - I am by no means a die hard pro vaxxer, I've had mine yes but couldn't give two hoots if you've had yours. You do you boo.

NHS workers need covid boosters FIRST and we need them now

My friend is a fellow doctor 29 double vaccinated in December

We were the first to get the vaccine

She’s currently on a ventilator

Government should spend less time pandering to / encouraging anti vaxxers / reluctant people and should focus on those who WANT the vaccine

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Do you have examples of this?

I wouldn't say either myself or @JoeBloggs are die hard pro vaccine.

I'm pretty sure the people who are are sticking to all the health measures.

Just because 2 people in a forum who have had the vaccine aren't wearing masks any more doesn't mean that's that's case for everyone
Yes I have lived experience examples because I see people every day, like I mentioned previously above, who are vaccinated now so disregard the masking, hand washing, 2 meter distancing. If you’re not a die hard pro vaxxer then I’m obviously not referring to you specifically.

I never said that was the case for everyone and I’ve been clear about that above.

Oh for goodness sake, I never said 'everyone' who declines a vaccine or supports a protest also supports attacking people. Can we please stop with this playground crap. I just said I do not support people who do it.

The balance of the vaccine is clear, I get that if you don't want it/believe it in your view is not going to be of that of the NHS/majority but it doesn't necessarily make their view unbalanced. The vaccines are working for the majority of people and a very very small minority have an issue, therefore it cannot be a balance viewed as the results are not balanced. It is working therefore that is what is going to be reported in the media, Karen's facebook may say something different.

At then end of the day if you are happy with your research and your decision why do you care what anyone else thinks. If the 'anti/no long/not covid' vaxxers want to be in the papers, get writing. If there are so many with that view it will get out there.
It would be transparent to disclose that there are a minority of people with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine, which would make it more balanced reporting. The no reporting on it at all adds and heightens skepticism.

I felt I needed to make clear I don’t support attacks because of how you worded your last post.

NHS workers need covid boosters FIRST and we need them now

My friend is a fellow doctor 29 double vaccinated in December

We were the first to get the vaccine

She’s currently on a ventilator

Government should spend less time pandering to / encouraging anti vaxxers / reluctant people and should focus on those who WANT the vaccine
I agree, stop wasting the money and time on those who don't want it and help those get to centers and speed up getting it to those who do.

Yes I have lived experience examples because I see people every day, like I mentioned previously above, who are vaccinated now so disregard the masking, hand washing, 2 meter distancing. If you’re not a die hard pro vaxxer then I’m obviously not referring to you specifically.

I never said that was the case for everyone and I’ve been clear about that above.

It would be transparent to disclose that there are a minority of people with severe adverse reactions to the vaccine, which would make it more balanced reporting. The no reporting on it at all adds and heightens skepticism.

I felt I needed to make clear I don’t support attacks because of how you worded your last post.
You really don't need to keep making things 'clear' how about not assuming that people think EVERYONE is the same or does the same actions because of their view of a vaccine.

I’ve had my 2 vaccines. I don’t wear a mask, I don’t use the sanitising stations at shops because some hand gels make my hands itch but i use my own and have done for years. I give personal space, no 2m but what I would class as a decent amount of personal space and I did this pre covid as well

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.