Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But its same varient delta
I feel we lead similar lives and diets.
I know some states low levels vaccines but so do some places in the UK.

I wouldn't send mine in either
But the new rules say you should.
Just wondering if schools will put it down as unauthorised absence this year now isolating rules changed..
That a double jabbed close contact doesn't have to isolate.
Also a non vaccinated child also doesn't have to self isolate as close contact as if we keep denying kids don't get ill or spread the virus other countries say they do.
The US don't sequence like the UK what I'm reading on their news sites doesn't correlate to what we're seeing here .

Reactions: 1
God this thread is just one big long percentage at the moment. It hurts my brain 😜😬 Just piss off with your %%%%%% eh 🤣🤷‍♀️

I suppose it’s about 70% likely that I will be told to stop moderating, which feels about 40% fair, but even so- I bleeping hate percentages. It is however approximately 95% likely that I will calm down if I go and enjoy a red beverage of the grape variety of around 12% proof so I’m going to go and complete that now.

It’s 99% accurate that I will come back and check how many likes my comment has before bed, as opposed to turning off my gadget an hour before bedtime like 100% of studies advise. I am clearly overtired.
I absolutely love this!! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Would you be able to share a few examples? I've seen you refer to these images quite a few times but I'm not sure if I've actually seem them (or if I have I don't remember). I agree it's not unheard of for images to be used inappropriately or taken out of context (by both mainstream and nonmainstream media).
How can you not remember being shown Wuhan at the beginning of all this, as far as I'm aware these images were shown on all the main TV channels and newspapers.

The India photos that were from a gas leak

Could be my mistake, but I'm sure I saw them share it.. maybe I saw it on the evening news 🤔

It's good it was retracted, but I feel it was only because it was spotted, and two days is a long time! Especially at a time when the world is in panic stations and inward fighting with each other over things like this.

Here's another example, with enough googling you'd probably find loads
There are loads ( and not just about covid but terrorist acts, mass shootings etc) one of my nephews explains them all away with lazy journalists. What a crock. it's easy to see if a photo is fake or not. I do it to all photos that are shared to disprove or prove a CT

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
One thing that baffles me is why people who are lucky enough to believe that the vaccine is working brilliantly, who are happy to go along with vaccine passports, boosters and endless tests, who are double jabbed and ok for the young to be jabbed...why the need to get angry,gloat and call anyone who hasn't had a vaccine "antivaxxers" . Or why the need to try and provide proof for everything.
If everything was going along with my way of thinking and I could see no reason to doubt or question most covid related reportings or vaccine rollouts I wouldn't be bothered about the "minority" opposing views. I certainly wouldn't be getting outraged.
Have they all got shares in Pfizer 🤷

I wish I was in that camp . But I'm not
And I don't get my views from fb etc, never been there and never will.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks, appreciate the response.

Ok, makes sense. How about just going for a hour long walk? I know you're not a medic, so probably best to ask a professional, but just thought I'd ask here too.
I went a walk after my vaccine (AZ) plus went for drinks.

Another anti vaxxer passed away
because it was too late to get jabbed once he had it.
Not everyone who isn't taking the jab is an anti-vaxxer. This is where people who push this BS narrative will come unstuck with having to take boosters for the rest of their lives because to decline for any reason at any stage will put you firmly into the anti-vax bracket and therefore pushed out of society.

It's a shame these papers didn't show how many are dying or have been injured from the vaccines and strangely the few they do show always have families who urge people to still get the vaccine. You can't have informed consent when you are not being fully informed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Random questions why did flu almost disappear autumn winter 2020.
Was it because we had 2 lockdown.
Mandatory masks and some form social distancing?
Or did the flu just go on holiday?

Another question for parents if you had covid or 1 of your children had covid would you send the other kids into school?
Be interesting see how changes to isolating on 16th make a difference.

If you have a cough this winter is it ok go work or school?
People exaggerate and say they have flu when they don't . They rarely test for flu unless you are hospitalised or they are trying to eliminate flu in the diagnosis of something else. So I don't see how they know the true number of flu cases it is guesswork.

I'd keep people home during a confirmed case of covid.

New symptoms are the ones to be concerned about , not lingering coughs people have all winter.

They are way out of touch if they think a small child is going yo wear a mask if they don't want to .
Although, my little one thought it was a novelty and would put a ' mask ' on while playing.

Reactions: 3
One thing that baffles me is why people who are lucky enough to believe that the vaccine is working brilliantly, who are happy to go along with vaccine passports, boosters and endless tests, who are double jabbed and ok for the young to be jabbed...why the need to get angry,gloat and call anyone who hasn't had a vaccine "antivaxxers" . Or why the need to try and provide proof for everything.
If everything was going along with my way of thinking and I could see no reason to doubt or question most covid related reportings or vaccine rollouts I wouldn't be bothered about the "minority" opposing views. I certainly wouldn't be getting outraged.
Have they all got shares in Pfizer 🤷

I wish I was in that camp . But I'm not
And I don't get my views from fb etc, never been there and never will.
You cannot put everyone in the same group. People who get the vaccine get it for their own reasons and it doesn’t mean they are ‘happy to go along’ with vaccine passports, boosters and tests or think it is okay for children to get jabbed. Not everyone who is pro vaccine gloats and calls others anti vaxxers.

As to your question why the feel the need to provide proof for everything, same could be asked for those who do not believe in the vaccines. Plenty of people trying to prove that vaccines do tit. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You cannot put everyone in the same group. People who get the vaccine get it for their own reasons and it doesn’t mean they are ‘happy to go along’ with vaccine passports, boosters and tests or think it is okay for children to get jabbed. Not everyone who is pro vaccine gloats and calls others anti vaxxers.

As to your question why the feel the need to provide proof for everything, same could be asked for those who do not believe in the vaccines. Plenty of people trying to prove that vaccines do tit. 🤷🏻‍♀️
They didn't though, if you are vaccinated but not doing those things then that poster isn't talking about you.

• Heart
How can you not remember being shown Wuhan at the beginning of all this, as far as I'm aware these images were shown on all the main TV channels and newspapers.

The India photos that were from a gas leak

So we have the mirror taking social media posts at face value, and then we have social media repeating and magnifying a mistake (albeit an easily avoidable but not uncommon one).
The real villain of the piece is not one but many, all vying for the clicks.

So we have the mirror taking social media posts at face value, and then we have social media repeating and magnifying a mistake (albeit an easily avoidable but not uncommon one).
The real villain of the piece is not one but many, all vying for the clicks.
Those photos and videos of Wuhan were shown on the BBC and all the mainstream news stations.

??? Eh

I mean it's six extra papers.... You'd still need 11/17 of those without corona too.

Reactions: 2
Those photos and videos of Wuhan were shown on the BBC and all the mainstream news stations.
I remember seeing no end of footage of people wandering about in hazmat suits though I don't recall seeing the 'bodies in the street' ones.

I remember seeing no end of footage of people wandering about in hazmat suits though I don't recall seeing the 'bodies in the street' ones.
Lucky you, that footage is scarred on my brain for life. Couldn’t escape it every tv news channel and newspaper where reporting them.

I wasn't putting everyone in the same group. Your post doesn't make sense in relation to my post. I don't see things in black and white. No need to take offence if it doesn't apply to you.

Lucky you, that footage is scarred on my brain for life. Couldn’t escape it every tv news channel and newspaper where reporting them.
I dare say there would have been a lot of that later on, though here I was only talking about the stuff around the time of the news reports mentioned above.

Gove needs bringing down a peg or two. I hope some story comes out to ruin him. Maybe something about his failed marriage will help him lose his job like Hancock did. He needs stopping. If in my job I came up with an idea that creates division, discriminates against groups in society and puts pressure on other companies to do something they don't want to then I would be bloody sacked!!!

I dare say there would have been a lot of that later on, though here I was only talking about the stuff around the time of the news reports mentioned above.
Those reports, photos and videos were shown before covid was officially declared to be in the UK

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.