Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've cancelled plans to met unjabbed friends. They also refused to lateral flow. It's not worth the 'risk' for me ATM. Suppose it's a bit like brexit, that caused rifts in friendship groups and families, the vaccine is no different
Isn’t it more likely though that someone who is vaccinated could have covid and not know because they won’t have such bad symptoms if any? Whereas your unvaccinated friends are more likely to be symptomatic and therefore know. Do you ask vaccinated friends to do LFT prior to meeting?

(I am vaccinated btw, and pro vax, just asking the question)

Reactions: 5
Isn’t it more likely though that someone who is vaccinated could have covid and not know because they won’t have such bad symptoms if any? Whereas your unvaccinated friends are more likely to be symptomatic and therefore know. Do you ask vaccinated friends to do LFT prior to meeting?

Yep. All of my social circle do LFT including those that are vaccinated.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

To me there is no rhyme or reason as to why one person does or doesn't show symptoms. Many have reported to have had the vaccine but been ill and via versa.

I guess it's all personal choice. I don't ask about virus or jab status from my friends, I trust they respect our friendship enough to be safe. I haven't been nor do I think my friends are doing LFTs.

Reactions: 6
My stepdad is in Spain and has just tested positive so now he and my mum are stuck there another week 🙈 my mum is negative so can still go out and do things so she doesn’t mind too much 😂

Stepdad fully vaxxed and has mostly had sickness symptoms and feeling tired - no respiratory symptoms. Seems to be doing ok though so that’s good, just confined to his room!

Yep. All of my social circle do LFT including those that are vaccinated.
Ah okay, that’s fair enough I spose if it makes you feel more comfortable 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

16 and 17 year olds shouldn't need parental consent. They are old enough to legally do a lot of things such as start a family, so they really do not need a yes from their parents to take something they want to.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Publicans won’t be blackmailed, even the clergy is taking a stand against Gov restrictions

16 and 17 year olds shouldn't need parental consent. They are old enough to legally do a lot of things such as start a family, so they really do not need a yes from their parents to take something they want to.
That’s if they’re given an informed choice and not a concert ticket 😕

So by taking it you're protecting yourself, others and less likely to spread it. If people get fully vaccinated and take a regular test then mask wearing shouldn't be as important to continue on a voluntary basis.

The only concern I see with having teenagers vaccinated is that we don't really seem to know how long the vaccines are effective for

Will these people be needing boosters by 18, especially if they're going to go to uni? I feel like uni students are a bit more risk to the general population than a 16-17 year old tbh

We have some totally bonkers crazy people in the UK. I cannot believe these are legit answers. 29% want rule of six OUTDOORS??? 17% want the restrictions of the original days of the pandemic??? So many people wanting businesses shut again? There are more selfish people around than I thought.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
We have some totally bonkers crazy people in the UK. I cannot believe these are legit answers. 29% want rule of six OUTDOORS??? 17% want the restrictions of the original days of the pandemic??? So many people wanting businesses shut again? There are more selfish people around than I thought.

We've had no masks for well over a month now and I am fine with that... those who wanted to get a vaccine have done so. We still wear our masks out as the Delta is dominant here and our cities cases are really going up. Now, what is crazy, is our province taking away testing/quarantine for people with covid.

Reactions: 3
We've had no masks for well over a month now and I am fine with that... those who wanted to get a vaccine have done so. We still wear our masks out as the Delta is dominant here and our cities cases are really going up. Now, what is crazy, is our province taking away testing/quarantine for people with covid.
People should still be able to test if they want and if someone has covid self isolation should be the law really to stop it spreading. Here most of the country has protection to the virus.

Reactions: 3

Some people are so inherently selfish - if something doesn’t immediately benefit them or their livelihood they can’t understand why it’s needed. Nightclubs for example are easy targets in all this because they are not seen as important to most people who are 40+, yet they create jobs and infrastructure for thousands of people. Some people lived in fear before covid and the restrictions gave them a false sense of security.

Those polls are ridiculous though because in real life I’ve not met a single person who wanted restrictions to continue. I’ve just sat with a 90 year old while she cried telling me how she couldn’t see her husband of 70 years before he passed away last year ☹ Then to make matters worse, her support network of friends and lunch clubs was completely shut down. Her son lives in Spain and although he could come to the funeral, he’s not been back since.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Thing is such a low % of people won't make a difference on the restrictions and should also be ignored

There's probably some interesting stats in their age ranges, political affiliations and the like but their opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things at the moment

Reactions: 1
Infected holiday makers maybe 🤔
3D4041EB-334C-4107-AE50-F13F93B860EA.jpeg

Haven’t you got a high vaccine uptake there !

No parental consent needed, younger kids will be offered it in the next phase once safety data is scrutinised
D47EDF9C-2E0D-48AC-8BE5-F522F4D951E6.jpeg

Last edited:
People should still be able to test if they want and if someone has covid self isolation should be the law really to stop it spreading. Here most of the country has protection to the virus.

We do not even have rapid test kits available here so we can't do it if we want to at home. Once testing is gone, it's gone. Unless you end up in hospital, then they will test you to confirm and see course of treatment needed.

• Sad
Infected holiday makers maybe 🤔
I think they are usually busier this time of year with so many more people in the area. One hospital in Cornwall has temporarily closed until around Oct and apparently Exeter is a covid hotspot. Will be a combination of tourists, covid etc.

Nearly 2,000 more infections today even though it's over 70,000 less tests conducted than this time last week. Deaths have reached the dreaded 130,000 :(

• Sad
Nearly 2,000 more infections today even though it's over 70,000 less tests conducted than this time last week. Deaths have reached the dreaded 130,000 :(

Maybe people’s holidays are over so they’ve decided to start getting tested again 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.