Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this all feels like a bad comedy sketch.
you need to take this new vaccine, or you might lose all your basic rights like travel, freedom of movement, freedom to Nando’s.

but that vaccine won’t stop you getting sick, or passing on a virus, but still, you need it,
oh also you probably need 3. But let’s move on.......

the elderly are the cohort we need to protect, kids are fine, they don’t get sick, they don’t pass on the virus, they’re protected by the magical school force field when we decide that’s the case.... but we might change out minds on that a pull them out of school for 3/8 months, who knows.
when we send them back we’ll keep saying they’re safe,

as time goes on we‘ll introduce these new variants, a variant means we can change the goal posts on both the rules and vaccine,
when we launch a new variant we can push opening back,
we can decide that the gap we needed at the beginning between jab one and two (when we didn’t have the stock levels available) can change,
we can, within a few months decide that 12 year olds need the vaccine just as much as the 92 year olds.

while all this is happening numerous members of government can do what they like, go where they like, shag who they like, travel where they like,

Case numbers, duck knows where we get them from,
deaths, put covid down anyway, scare a few more people into getting that vaccine, should we throw in pizza..... Uber, oh that’s a good one.

I wanna watch this show 😕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I think they are usually busier this time of year with so many more people in the area. One hospital in Cornwall has temporarily closed until around Oct and apparently Exeter is a covid hotspot. Will be a combination of tourists, covid etc.
Best to my knowledge the hospital that had closed temporarily last year is now open again.

We're just back from Cornwall and yes it's super busy, but we spoke to a few people working at the hotspots like Eden Project, Tintagle ect and they said that whilst they're busy, tourism is down where holiday makers from abroad aren't visiting.
They were saying that usually there are coach loads being dropped daily, but thats not obviously been happening this year.
Interestingly the local news was saying how its far busier than normal and how businesses can't cope, but there are job adverts everywhere and the locals weren't quite agreeing with the news.

Case numbers are going down weekly overall if you look at the government dashboard, and are lower than the national average.

What I will say is that nowhere we went is promoting masks, or social distancing, which didn't bother us.
You do have to book ahead to go places, but they're still packed.. so I assume they're doing it for T&T rather than limiting people.

We've been back almost a week, and based on our experience if none of us test positive then its a miracle.. or not as contagious as you'd think. Which based on mine and my husbands jobs and not having tested positive all this time, is maybe a more logical reason

Reactions: 2
THIS!! if we weren’t living through it, it’d be laughable

you need to take this new vaccine, or you might lose all your basic rights like travel, freedom of movement, freedom to Nando’s.

but that vaccine won’t stop you getting sick, or passing on a virus, but still, you need it,

the elderly are the cohort we need to protect, kids are fine, they don’t get sick, they don’t pass on the virus, they’re protected by the magical school force field when we decide that’s the case.... but we might change out minds on that a pull them out of school for 3/8 months, who knows.

as time goes on we‘ll introduce these new variants, a variant means we can change the goal posts on both the rules and vaccine,
we can decide that the gap we needed at the beginning between jab one and two (when we didn’t have the stock levels available) can change,
we can, within a few months decide that 12 year olds need the vaccine just as much as the 92 year olds.

while all this is happening numerous members of government can do what they like, go where they like, shag who they like, travel where they like,

deaths, put covid down anyway, scare a few more people into getting that vaccine, should we throw in pizza..... Uber, oh that’s a good one.

Reactions: 3
Maybe that group have just gone on holiday 😂
NI have started with the vaccine passports and will be offering 16/17yr old the jabs in line with the JCVI recommendation … great thumbnail 😂

Saw this earlier definitely sums it up

They’ll be starting ASAP with a what to look out for…fills me with dread.
3CFAF050-50DA-4A66-9BED-B646DC29A641.jpeg
AE18D2C5-6AE8-47EA-A9DC-71D4EDCB0DFE.jpeg

Last edited:
That doesn't explain why the figures today show well over 70k less tests than last Wednesday.
That is massive number to explain and not all attributed to hols.
Last week was 1st full week school holidays Bristol.
Same with Devon and Cornwall..so today is 2nd week school holiday's.
We went to Devon 12th to 16th was quiet at resort, beach and theme park we went to.

Best to my knowledge the hospital that had closed temporarily last year is now open again.

We're just back from Cornwall and yes it's super busy, but we spoke to a few people working at the hotspots like Eden Project, Tintagle ect and they said that whilst they're busy, tourism is down where holiday makers from abroad aren't visiting.
They were saying that usually there are coach loads being dropped daily, but thats not obviously been happening this year.
Interestingly the local news was saying how its far busier than normal and how businesses can't cope, but there are job adverts everywhere and the locals weren't quite agreeing with the news.

Case numbers are going down weekly overall if you look at the government dashboard, and are lower than the national average.

What I will say is that nowhere we went is promoting masks, or social distancing, which didn't bother us.
You do have to book ahead to go places, but they're still packed.. so I assume they're doing it for T&T rather than limiting people.

We've been back almost a week, and based on our experience if none of us test positive then its a miracle.. or not as contagious as you'd think. Which based on mine and my husbands jobs and not having tested positive all this time, is maybe a more logical reason
Was it Treliske? That's reopened and now Launceston miu has closed. I'm in Devon, no idea how busy it is as we've been in isolation since 23rd, another 6 days to go 😭😭

Are restaurants still practicing SD? Were going next week and only want beach and restaurants on an evening - which I've booked. Thanks

But the vaccine DOES stop you getting severely sick. It DOES reduce transmission and we ALWAYS KNEW we'd need boosters.... When did this turn into the anti vax/conspiracy thread?!?!

Reactions: 8
Was it Treliske? That's reopened and now Launceston miu has closed. I'm in Devon, no idea how busy it is as we've been in isolation since 23rd, another 6 days to go 😭😭
I googled it and saw it was Penzance that has closed but reopened. I couldn't see anymore that had close with a search

Are restaurants still practicing SD? Were going next week and only want beach and restaurants on an evening - which I've booked. Thanks

Some restaurants are wanting you to book, and others aren't, but we booked anyway.
There's zero Internet signal anywhere, so I'd maybe look all menus (as they're all reduced) and restaurants before you go and save their numbers in advance, but then expect the menus to change from what you've seen, as was our experience a couple of times.
Nowhere was socially distanced at all. It was just like the old times when you have to be careful pulling your chair back not to bash the person behind. The cleanliness and hygiene was very good though with wiping tables down in-between people.

The beaches are massive though, so you'll get mountains of space on them!
Beach restaurants really not so much, and expect a good 40+mins wait for a standard chippy that's on the coast, with no SD in the queue

I googled it and saw it was Penzance that has closed but reopened. I couldn't see anymore that had close with a search

Some restaurants are wanting you to book, and others aren't, but we booked anyway.
There's zero Internet signal anywhere, so I'd maybe look all menus (as they're all reduced) and restaurants before you go and save their numbers in advance, but then expect the menus to change from what you've seen, as was our experience a couple of times.
Nowhere was socially distanced at all. It was just like the old times when you have to be careful pulling your chair back not to bash the person behind. The cleanliness and hygiene was very good though with wiping tables down in-between people.

The beaches are massive though, so you'll get mountains of space on them!
Beach restaurants really not so much, and expect a good 40+mins wait for a standard chippy that's on the coast, with no SD in the queue
Gosh! Thanks. Glad I've read this so I can prepare! I naively thought most restaurants were still seating tables 2m apart. Many up north where I am are still asking for masks and adhering to one way systems.

Last edited:
US citizens have been advised not to travel to Ireland even if fully vaccinated
6B09954B-2AB9-4074-A5C4-45C007AF4018.jpeg

Ursula getting her order in early this time

But the vaccine DOES stop you getting severely sick. It DOES reduce transmission and we ALWAYS KNEW we'd need boosters.... When did this turn into the anti vax/conspiracy thread?!?!
Exactly. The vaccine.......

1) Makes you three times less likely to catch Covid, thus far less likely to spread it.
2) Makes you far less likely to get seriously ill.

Win/win all the way.

I am already really confident next Winter will not be bad :)

Reactions: 5
Gosh! Thanks. Glad I've read this so I can prepare! I naively thought most restaurants were still seating tables 2m apart. Many up north where I am are still asking for masks and adhering to one way systems.
Oh god no, be prepared for a massive culture shock then!
We're in a covid hot spot in the south and even we've ditched one way systems, but in Cornwall it's like covid hasn't happened at all in any respect.
In our experience no one cares at all, you'll see around 95% of people not wearing masks anywhere, and accents suggest it's not just tourists either.
It didn't bother us, but I can imagine it bothering other people

Reactions: 5
Anyone else think this story about "fit healthy man" dying of covid is disingenuous?

Terrible for his family and my heart goes out to them. But lots of "fit" bodybuilders have died of covid and often their inside aren't in that good of a shape with all the substances they've taken. (Like Sean Pratt). You can see in the hospital photo he's had cosmetic surgery around his nipples - often bodybuilders have this due to steroid abuse. I think it's a stupid scare storie cause just because someone is muscular does not mean they are the pinical of health!

Reactions: 14
When did this turn into the anti vax/conspiracy thread?!?!
my post is simply a summary of the last 16/18/300 months of absolute fuckery, nothing I’ve said is a lie.

I dont view things so black and white, it’s not about being pro or anti anything,
i just fail to understand what exactly we’re all doing right now. 😐

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Anyone else think this story about "fit healthy man" dying of covid is disingenuous?

Terrible for his family and my heart goes out to them. But lots of "fit" bodybuilders have died of covid and often their inside aren't in that good of a shape with all the substances they've taken. (Like Sean Pratt). You can see in the hospital photo he's had cosmetic surgery around his nipples - often bodybuilders have this due to steroid abuse. I think it's a stupid scare storie cause just because someone is muscular does not mean they are the pinical of health!

Personally I think its cherry picking.

What of the people now with comorbitities? The elderly? The obese? We never hear of them, but that doesn't sell the story or scare does it. What appears to be a very healthy younger person does though....

Reactions: 8
Personally I think its cherry picking.

What of the people now with comorbitities? The elderly? The obese? We never hear of them, but that doesn't sell the story or scare does it. What appears to be a very healthy younger person does though....
I noticed this in the bottom part of the highlighted information. Every death is awful. These are obviously the stories they are going for now to instill doubt in those who have not had the vaccine

Screenshot_20210804-200058~2.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Plenty of double vaccinated have also died. No full-page spread for them or those who died because of the vaccine.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.