Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So after my husbands last job cancelled on him today due to the 🦠 he’s currently out of work. He’s let everyone know he is around for emergency’s and will help but only if they aren’t isolating due to symptoms. Beyond stressed about money. Rent is a major issue. I’m sure it will all work out but gosh it’s stressful!
Thats a lovely thing for him to do, especially as you're worried about your own situation
❤

Reactions: 6
We haven't been testing.
As of yesterday we have tested 56,000 people. and have 2,600 confirmed cases. Italy by comparison had tested 60,000 by 9th March and had 9200 confirmed cases. By that measure we look a lot better prepared.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I can’t find the original post but the lovely person that offered to send period products... I found some in town today savers and Poundland both had a fair bit. But thank you xx

Reactions: 23
My son’s school today released a comprehensive timetable and required numbers of hours that need to be logged.
mine too. We are on day three of self isolation, both children set on line work ...six hours worth! End of day call from the teacher to see how they got on.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
As of yesterday we have tested 56,000 people. and have 26,000 confirmed cases. Italy by comparison had tested 60,000 by 9th March and had 9200 confirmed cases. By that measure we look a lot better prepared.
They've been testing mainly people in hospital rather than people with symptoms haven't they? Seems a bit apples and oranges.

Reactions: 3
mine too. We are on day three of self isolation, both children set on line work ...six hours worth! End of day call from the teacher to see how they got on.
Mine will be similar but without the call. They have contact with all teachers via the online messaging system instead.

Reactions: 2
Yes I suppose he's lucky in that respect, but he wants to work ,and his place of work in heaving at the minute and they've sent 6 fully trained workers home today because they are diabetic ( thats only from one shift) I think they should have been asked if they wanted to be sent home and if the wanted to work they should have been allowed to
Where I work we were told to go home if we fell into the vulnerable category. I do. I'm working from home as I luckily managed to get all my home access stuff sorted before I left. *Hopefully* I'll still get full pay as I'm still completing work. There are others at home who have no access & are not doing anything for the company. We were all given the choice to go back into the office & work if we wanted ... Quite a few went back in. IMO though, if you fall into a risk category & are able to work from home then definitely do it. Your husband sounds extremely lucky & the company brilliant too. Personally I wasn't prepared to risk staying in an environment of 100 people sharing toilets etc for 12hrs a day when I could potentially get really poorly. I also have a severely immunocompromised relative that although is currently not nearby is on palliative care & I'm not allowed to see. I'd be thankful your husband works for such a great employer. Why risk your life ... I'm well as he is currently but that might not be the case if someone at work has poor hygiene + he's there 🤷

Reactions: 8
As of yesterday we have tested 56,000 people. and have 2,600 confirmed cases. Italy by comparison had tested 60,000 by 9th March and had 9200 confirmed cases. By that measure we look a lot better prepared.
Don’t forget we stopped testing a lot of cases for a little while. So our figure will always be skewed.

Reactions: 2
Our secondary school is remaining open for front line workers children. My son is thrilled as he gets to go (he isn't really!) as we both have front line jobs.

Although I'm now out of work, I. Am back in as our setting is open for front line workers children. Less hours but still money coming in. Even in a full lockdown, I can still work as the children still need the care.

I will send him to school till Easter holidays or lockdown, whichever comes first.
Still nothing from our school!! The unofficial rumor is both parents need to be key workers to send kids in.
It's awful not knowing but they have sent work home so if shes not going iv got that!

Reactions: 4
I saw this...I just question that if you were in ICU would you be making a video...?
Usually, yes. But she clearly wanted to get this very important message out, when it seems some people still aren’t taking it seriously...

I know this is going to sound totally selfish but I work in health and social care in a hospital. I’m not a nurse and I’m my opinion my job isn’t strictly “essential” especially in these times. However I do have daily contact with patients and other staff who are involved in looking after patients with the virus. I really do not want to go to work anymore. I have 4 young kids at home ranging from 8 to 1 and my partner has an underlying condition that would put him at higher risk if he contracted the virus. If I brought it home to them I would never forgive myself. I don’t have anywhere else to stay to keep away from them (our families live in another country) and also do not want to live away from my children nd partner for an indefinite period of time. I feel physically sick at the thought of going to work, I actually sat in the car and cried before going in to work today. At the same time I see how other people (not just health care but supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc) are being so courageous and brave and going to work day after day and I feel so guilty for just wanting to isolate at home and keep safe. I feel like I’m bordering on a total breakdown, I have honestly never felt so stressed or conflicted in my life. Not really sure what the point of this post is, guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.
I cried yesterday, I cried this morning before work, I cried at work. I told my colleagues I’d been having chest pains (anxiety) for a few days, they admitted the same, we all cried, spoke to a consultant she cried. Totally get where your coming from xx

I saw this...I just question that if you were in ICU would you be making a video...?
She’s got nasal specs on far to well to be in critical care

• Sad
Still nothing from our school!! The unofficial rumor is both parents need to be key workers to send kids in.
It's awful not knowing but they have sent work home so if shes not going iv got that!
It seems to be varying from Council to Council as to whether its one or both parents

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.