Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The president of the Italian Higher Institute, Silvio Brusaferro, said that medical records indicate: “There may be only two people who died from coronavirus in Italy, who did not present other pathologies.”
He acknowledged that the average age of death was over 80 years old and that the majority of them had serious chronic diseases.
The entire country of 60-million people has been locked down despite the fact that the majority who died actually expired from other diseases that have nothing to do with Covid-19. -GEG

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Partner has heard that his work are checking people’s height and weight before they will let them have the 12 weeks isolation! My partner is in that category but feels a bit self conscious about it.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Our local Lidl opened early today instead of 8 am. I got there at 745 to wait and it was already heaving. I couldn’t even find what I wanted which was eggs and flour but ended up buying some fruit and vegetables and some tins. Fights were breaking out. They had one useless security officer who wasn’t doing anything. Ended up going to two different local expensive deli type shops, one had set up a barrier across the door and there was a small queue, you said what you were looking for and they brought it to the door and you paid, they had flour. The other place allowed only three people at a time. I got some fresh eggs there and bread. Definitely going back to both those places.

Reactions: 8
Don’t forget we stopped testing a lot of cases for a little while. So our figure will always be skewed.
skewed how? We tested 56,000 people and have 2,600 infected. Italy tested 60,000 and had 9.200 cases over the same time period. We have a lower infection rate over an identical time period starting from the first recorded infection in each country.

Reactions: 3
Partner has heard that his work are checking people’s height and weight before they will let them have the 12 weeks isolation! My partner is in that category but feels a bit self conscious about it.
Height and weight what's that got to do with isolation seems strange

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm taking this all really seriously, I'm scared as are a lot of people. Working from home, not seeing my boyfriend for the foreseeable, really actively social distancing. My housemate on the other hand is inviting people over, even though she may have been exposed to it and we've been told to self isolate. I'm trying to keep myself self safe but how can I tackle this? She thinks I'm overreacting :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi all, I'm back from work. Got coughed on twice and was very vocal about it! Anyway, that's me off for the foreseeable...…..paid in March, nothing after that. Buggers. I'll worry about that later. Hope you all got through the day ok. I'll check back a few pages and catch up :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Lovely letter through my door today - someone is making a Facebook group for our road so we can stay connected and help anyone if it’s needed. That’s awesome.

Reactions: 14
My brother is an engineer at a nuclear power plant. This means that it cannot close and requires people to be there 24/7. His work can not afford for him to get ill so right now he has to self-isolate of an evening/weekend so he is healthy to work. His work have now bought beds and fridges and from next week him and some colleagues will be isolated at work for 2 weeks. Absolutely crazy

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My brother is an engineer at a nuclear power plant. This means that it cannot close and requires people to be there 24/7. His work can not afford for him to get ill so right now he has to self-isolate of an evening/weekend so he is healthy to work. His work have now bought beds and fridges and from next week him and some colleagues will be isolated at work for 2 weeks. Absolutely crazy
Wow!
If that's not commitment to his job I don't know what is.
I hope he stays fit and well and this nightmare is over soon, for everyone's sakes ❤

Reactions: 12
He works for Tesco warehouse, he was in today on overtime as they are struggling to cope with demand ,Im diabetic too but never looked on ourselves to be high risk
Being diabetic you are at risk of much serious complications, sick day rules, extra use of supplies to help monitor blood glucose and ketone levels and trying to help avoid dka which would then require an icu admission with multiple machines to help. your husband is very lucky as there are diabetics who are in a very different situation and it’s awful to see.

Think it would also be due to the different time zones too.
Yeah, they all update at different times due to the time zones. I'm talking about the UK total though not the World total. A few times it's updated in the afternoon and then an hour or two later it updates again.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Wow!
If that's not commitment to his job I don't know what is.
I hope he stays fit and well and this nightmare is over soon, for everyone's sakes ❤
He’s taking it all on the chin very well and doing what he needs to do. His partner is more stressed that she’s now going to be home alone for 2 weeks😂 hopefully we’ll be back to normal sooner than we’re all expecting.

Reactions: 3
Sorry if someone else mentioned this but my local town has three chemists and all of them are only allowing 3 people in at a time and no browsing - just go and get medicine/prescription. Feels very wierd.
Apologies to anyone who works in a chemist but the one I was in they had gone a bit power mad and shouting instructions at everyone angrily.
Omg you must have been in the same chemist as me today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Stark facts are unless he implements full lockdown he’s pissin6 in the wind expecting people to stay in, it’s not happening and won’t. I have spoken to so many people this week who don’t give a sh1t and are carrying on as normal

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.