Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few weeks ago I thought all this would blow over and we would never hear of it again :-/ how wrong I was! Itā€™s all making me slightly anxious now! I saw a man take ten bottles of Milton in Morrisonā€™s earlier :( in the baby section. People are going crazy! I did give him a dirty look I mean ten? Could leave some for other babies bottles. I wanted a pack of baby wipes but there was only two left so thought forget it Iā€™ll leave it for moms. Hope everyone is okay..... itā€™s scary not knowing whatā€™s going to happen in the coming weeks and months. I donā€™t have a job atm been out of work since December so money is low and Iā€™ve applied to every job under the sun but some have now said there post pining employing anyone so Iā€™m quite worried about money etc xxx

Reactions: 16
The one thing thatā€™s kinda important that I canā€™t seem to find right is period products šŸ§
I seen people saying this on the last thread too. I can't help because I don't have a lot myself but I ordered reusable pads online. Not really my thing but I'd rather have them than have nothing

Reactions: 6
Collected my son from uni today.
I was actually relieved heā€™d been living on ready meals instead of cooking because it meant I could raid his cupboards of tinned toms, pasta and sweetcorn! Also brought back his hand soap which Iā€™ve not been able to buy for weeks.
On the other hand, Iā€™ve now got another mouth to feed!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I work for the NHS but not school hours so it doesn't effect me with schools being closed, that said if I can send my daugther I will for her own good. Also means I can go in and help as we are super short staffed.

Reactions: 5
I seen people saying this on the last thread too. I can't help because I don't have a lot myself but I ordered reusable pads online. Not really my thing but I'd rather have them than have nothing
Yeah I had to get A packet of really heavy flow value night pads as Iā€™m due on in a couple of days and thatā€™s all they had literally the branded stuff had gone. Might have to chop them in half šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can I just say letā€™s be thankful we DO have an army. that we have back up in this form.
there is nothing to fear from them. theyā€™re not gonna snipe you in the garden.
they will aim to keep the peace and ensure that the world doesnā€™t turn into a loot inā€™ root inā€™ free for all.

I find it more unusual that most of our police force donā€™t have a gun. anywhere in Europe they have an AK47 and I find it more reassuring. in todayā€™s situations of terrorist attacks and what not, itā€™s best to be prepared IMO

I donā€™t believe anyone in those positions can tell auntie Juneā€™s cat that theyā€™re ready to deploy or theyā€™ll be at Lidl in Hammersmith at 4.30pm Friday.

yes things have escalated quickly. but which is it, the government are too slow, now itā€™s too fast?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah I had to get A packet of really heavy flow value night pads as Iā€™m due on in a couple of days and thatā€™s all they had literally the branded stuff had gone. Might have to chop them in half šŸ˜³šŸ˜³
Its better than nothing. Still not nice though. I'm due in a couple of days anyways I had some tampons left

Cat food is another one it was almost all gone a few days ago In morrisons I had to buy kitten food for my cats that are two years old.. oh well that will do for now it was restocked today tho

The one thing thatā€™s kinda important that I canā€™t seem to find right now is period products šŸ§
Have you tried your local garage shop? They tend to sell small boxes for emergencies. People may not have thought to shop there.

thatā€™s a good idea actually never thought of those

Can I just say letā€™s be thankful we DO have an army. that we have back up in this form.
there is nothing to fear from them. theyā€™re not gonna snipe you in the garden.
they will aim to keep the peace and ensure that the world doesnā€™t turn into a loot inā€™ root inā€™ free for all.

I find it more unusual that most of our police force donā€™t have a gun. anywhere in Europe they have an AK47 and I find it more reassuring. in todayā€™s situations of terrorist attacks and what not, itā€™s best to be prepared IMO. My line of work is near the MoD and weā€™ve not heard of anything like this. who knows šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I donā€™t believe anyone in those positions can tell auntie Juneā€™s cat that theyā€™re ready to deploy or theyā€™ll be at Lidl in Hammersmith at 4.30pm Friday.

yes things have escalated quickly. but which is it, the government are too slow, now itā€™s too fast?
Sorry the last bit made me actually lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Cat food is another one it was almost all gone a few days ago In morrisons I had to buy kitten food for my cats that are two years old.. oh well that will do for now it was restocked today tho
try somewhere like zoo plus if not(online) they deliver quickly with yodel or dpd

Reactions: 3
Have you tried your local garage shop? They tend to sell small boxes for emergencies. People may not have thought to shop there.
my local garage is a budgens and they only sell happy shopper pads which are like sand paper šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ but thank you

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Little bit of light heartiness because it tickled me. Sent my husband a small list of things I needed from the supermarket. He phoned me all in a panic and says ā€œI canā€™t get everything youā€™ve asked me to get (6 items) Asda are only allowing 3 items per personā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ couldnā€™t speak for laughing telling him it was 3 of the same item per customer šŸ¤£

hope everyone is okay tonight with all thatā€™s happened today re the schools.So much to read through I havenā€™t been able too
when i read this in the paper i thought the same as your hubby. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
So so glad we have the most elite military in the world.
If there's anything to be proud of, it's that.
They'll free up resources so police can keep on top of crime.
So unless you're planning on ransacking your local bank... Having them around will be a blessing.
ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.