Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't cope with this
Having a major panic attack
We have food for 1 day
Husband not working
We are going to loose everything
I never in my lifetime thought I would experience something like this 😓
You will be fine, it might not seem it right now but you will :)

Reactions: 16
“150 troops are learning to drive oxygen tankers to supply hospitals”

Why do people fear the army being involved?
Genuine question, they’re just as valuable as any other service trying to protect the country?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Has anyone heard that tomorrow it will be announced that we will go on lockdown for two weeks and the army are coming out?
Spoke to my friend tonight who works for Northumbria police and they are unaware of anything going on with a lockdown or the police

Reactions: 5
So what’s the purpose of the army? Sorry to be dumb. If you go out what are they doing to do? Ask where you’re going?

I don't think people fear the army. It's the fear of the unknown.
I’m confused as to why people seem shocked by it, like it’s a bad thing, which it probably is if you’re going looting in Aldi 🤷‍♀️

So what’s the purpose of the army? Sorry to be dumb. If you go out what are they doing to do? Ask where you’re going?
I assume they’re there to provide support to the hospitals and emergency services, make sure everyone and everything is calm.

Reactions: 23
I can't cope with this
Having a major panic attack
We have food for 1 day
Husband not working
We are going to loose everything
I never in my lifetime thought I would experience something like this 😓
there is food around but you probably need to make a few trips to a few different shops and supermarkets. It’s awful I know but you will be okay

Reactions: 8

Genuine question, they’re just as valuable as any other service trying to protect the country?
I don't fear them getting involved, what I can not stand is all this my brothers, friends aunties dogs owner is in the army and he says..

• Haha
Reactions: 34

cos they have guns thats why im scared 😯

Reactions: 4
Apologies that this is another 'I was told' post but regarding the army, was told today (by someone in the military) that they are being mobilised ready for Friday.
They will
1) Block key access routes (ie: motorways)
2) Deliver food parcels
3) Patrol streets to prevent civil unrest but may also check why people are travelling/are outside.

However they stressed that this does not mean 100% that lockdown would happen on Friday, but rather that they are ready for that time.

Things seem to be moving so quickly though. The way Boris was talking about school closures earlier in the week seemed to suggest they wouldn't close for ages. Yet 24 hours later...

Reactions: 18
I don't fear them getting involved, what I can not stand is all this my brothers, friends aunties dogs owner is in the army and he says..
a bleeping men.

26EE746B-FEE3-4C62-8392-679B49B0DD89.jpeg

People need to calm the hysteria and stop letting words take over bleeping logic
“Army” “lockdown” they’re just words!!

we all know someone in the army right? They’re good people?
unless they start locking us up to steal the hoarded toilet roll let’s stop getting worked up by a service that’s there to support the NHS and co.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
The army are being used for the NHS supply chain, police work and prision officer work. It's the covid support force that's being launched.

We're not going to go straight to a hard lockdown, maybe the army will have a light presence to inforce it but no way they'll be able to patrol even a tiny percentage of the country.

Reactions: 12
The army will be providing lots of support when they come in, if they arnt already.
Medics, nurses, drivers etc to name but 3

Reactions: 7
The one thing that’s kinda important that I can’t seem to find right now is period products 🧐

Reactions: 3
Mostly just drill sergeants yelling at people to "WASH THEIR HANDS". Or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes they will ask questions about why you're out. If there are rules like only one person can be in the car then you would be fined etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.