Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s great to hear! She’ll get support in hospital but so important to continue working at it at home. There’s some great Facebook community groups too - Breastfeeding Yummy Mummies is good. Lots of people will want to help in this situation but the best you can do is champion her and believe that she can do it too - it’s all about having the support x
I believe she absolutely can, she's a wonderful mother already to her two step-children who she treats like her own, shes 2 years younger than me but so much more mature in many ways, and just has that natural mothering instinct that im still waiting to happen to me! haha

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Went to my local Lidl this morning- just to get some basics we haven't got (not stockpiling!) And it was bedlam. Had to queue outside for around 10-15mins. Thought they were operating a one in one of but think it was more to do with letting over 70s and vulnerable people get round first as there wasn't a queue when I came out. Plenty of fresh fruit and veg, quite a lot of meat, but no pasta, hardly any bread or tinned stuff. Baby aisle and frozen pretty much cleared out too. I then queued up to pay and realised I had forgotten milk and thought stuff it, I'll pop to the corner shop on my way back instead! When I went in, the shopkeeper asked if I needed more than one bottle of milk - he's keeping minimal stock on the shelf but has plenty out the back to stop people clearing him out completely. Astonishing its come to this, but don't blame him trying to implement some sort of control.

Reactions: 11
My husband is getting the first flight he can out of Ghana. Advised him days ago to come home but the idiot kept putting it off. I just hope he manages it before the lock-down. What's spooked him is its normally one security man who lifts the barrier for him into work. This morning there were two and one put something towards the side of his head. It was a thermometer but he thought it was a gun. 🔫 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
My car is due an MOT next week I am in a high risk category, but need it for hospital appointments, really worried about what to do
Stratstone BMW have started rolling out pick up and drop off services. Some dealerships do price match. I'd ring up and find out (doesn't need to be a bmw, they are no more expensive than other garages)

Reactions: 2
that's really reassuring! ive just screenshot this and sent it to her, im sure it will help to ease her mind a lot <3
Would like to add that low milk supply can often be corrected. My daughter lost too much weight initially and had to be combi-fed while I worked on building up my supply. I had to feed or pump every two hours for a couple of weeks before I could fully breastfeed. Then my daughter ended up being 97th percentile, so chubby no one believed she was exclusively breastfed. It’s exhausting at first so she’ll probably need encouragement to constantly pump/feed if need be. But it’s not an insurmountable issue, I’m sure she can do it

The mood is much more serious this morning, understandably. There is a real difference between how stores are operating. I hope those of you that need essentials for your babies and families manage to get it. Looking at pictures from local press it seems as though customers are buying what they can, in mass quantities as allowed. Sainsburys have dedicated an hour this morning between 7 and 8 am for elderly and vulnerable. My parents are 86 and 82, my dad went at 6.45 this morning and couldn’t even get in the car park. He turned round and went home. Thankfully our local co op has the essentials and I have arranged for a bag of shopping to be dropped off to them by a friend. It’s all very real now and despite government telling us there’s enough for everyone people are not believing it.

Reactions: 6
My dad just messaged me he’s a copper in Birmingham they’ve all been told the county may go into lockdown tomorrow. The PM is to make an announcement this afternoon on TV.
I have read loads of times that this is going to happen and was like no way is that going to happen, what a load of drivel.
BUT my OH called this morning, his boss has told him that a family member who is a magistrate has called and said that lockdown starts tomorrow.
So I went to Tesco to buy essential items. The shelfs were empty, what shocked me the most was that there was no Lager, no bottles no cans. The wine is also disappearing from the shelfs.

For people who don’t understand social distancing:
Imagine everybody has corona virus but you. That friend you’re going to meet for a dog walk and going to stay 6 feet apart; your mother who you plan to visit on Mother’s Day; the person in the shop barging Past you.
Now do you want to carry on with those activities

Reactions: 12
has anyone seen that video on facebook of the woman talking from her hospital bed down south in the ICU? I am more and more convinced I've already had this, I pick up absolutely anything and everything - before my cancer treatment i was diagnosed with something called Mannose-Binding Lectin Deficiency by immunology which can make you unable to fight infection efficiently, and then my blood cancer diagnosis came a few months later and what was left of my immune system wiped out by 5 months of intensive chemo... in the past 6 weeks I have had 3 bouts of severe illness (temperature, sickness, diarrhoea) but the first one which landed me in hospital the first week of february was terrifying...

I had been unwell for about a week (sore throat, extreme fatigue, a dry persistent cough that made me vomit and I didn't sleep because it was so bad) before having to go to a&e for nebulisers 2 days in a row, as my chest became so bad, I was gasping for breath like a fish out of water and blowing 50 on my peak flow. Even talking made me out of breath, I didn't have the energy to walk and had to crawl to and from the toilet from bed. The only reason I wasn't admitted was because there was no beds in the hospital, and that's before this has kicked off. The breathlessness persisted even with a high dose of steroids, and I went through a blue inhaler in less than a week when I should really have been in hospital having regular nebs. I'm still not right and I believe it ran me down so much making me susceptible to the other two bugs I've had.

I really hope they hurry their arses up and make the tests widely available to screen to see if you've already had it, as im sure it would help the situation a lot.

Last edited:
12:10
‘Zero prospect’ of London lockdown
There is "zero prospect of any restrictions being placed on travelling in and out of London”, the UK government has said.
A spokesperson said there were also “no plans to use military personnel for public order during the coronavirus pandemic”.
Asked to comment on the suggestion only one person would be allowed to leave a house at a time, Downing Street said this was "not true”, according to BBC political correspondent Chris Mason.
It comes after speculation London could face a lockdown by the weekend.

I have read loads of times that this is going to happen and was like no way is that going to happen, what a load of drivel.
BUT my OH called this morning, his boss has told him that a family member who is a magistrate has called and said that lockdown starts tomorrow.
So I went to Tesco to buy essential items. The shelfs were empty, what shocked me the most was that there was no Lager, no bottles no cans. The wine is also disappearing from the shelfs.
I know my dad has no reason to lie, he's a policeman they were told today it's possible but they will struggle so need army assistance.

Anyone else watching the scientific briefing on BBC and the woman on the panel keeps coughing !!! A dry cough ! Sitting beside the chief medical and scientific officers ! Like what on earth. Get her out of the room !!

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I know my dad has no reason to lie, he's a policeman they were told today it's possible but they will struggle so need army assistance.
Wonder why the government are saying it's not going to happen then? They seem to have been fairly open and honest with that they've planned/implemented so far?

The mood is much more serious this morning
Family members that are NHS employees were last week saying "I'm not staying home, as long as you don't spend 15 minutes within a meter of someone it's fine" to today "don't leave home unless you want a gynecologist treating you for pneumonia".

I kinda want to point out their 360 and how risky their last set of advice was. But I'll stay quiet and happy that they are not encouraging people to do dangerous stuff, even if it was a month late!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
We really are such privileged fuckers aren’t we.
I used to love when my grandad told stories of life after the war, it was like fiction, queuing for petrol, getting the broken biscuits from the Jacobs factory because a staff member lives on the same road and shared them out (I obviously focused on priorities)
feeding the neighbours kids because you had extra that week.

We’re a long way off that but it must be so weird seeing those in their 90’s watching this happen.

I keep needing to remind myself to STOP stressing about the smallest things and remember there are people who won’t get to say goodbye to their parents or family members, or who won’t be able to feed their kids in a weeks time because they’ve lost their jobs.

and I need to keep reminding myself to get off line or go read other threads here 😐
I might come out of this physically, but i don’t want to be a mess mentally when we do.

Daily reminder,
look after your 3 ply and your head 👍
Go outside, wash your hands, go check what Rebecca lamb is having for lunch 🤷‍♀️ Or what’s happening with Megan and Harry 😂🤣

just pull yourself back from the edge 👍🤪

also, while I’m being a condescending twit.
“Lockdown” does not mean you’re stripped of your rights and your Netflix subscription 😣
its done to make sure the right people are able to access the right resources and get to the right places at the right time without hysteria!!
180 people looking to go to Asda isn’t safe, it’s a short term solution to help everyone, not lock them away for months on end.
duck Brenda and her insider information and wait until we’re all told what will happen, Brenda probably eats cat food and talks to her pet fish in between posting Facebook updates about her “son” in the army.
Her son is bubbles the goldfish. 😐 Bubbles is dead. Bubbles is a baby carrot.
This was longer than I expected....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Wonder why the government are saying it's not going to happen then? They seem to have been fairly open and honest with that they've planned/implemented so far?
because its disaster management, people can only tolerate so much distressing news at once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.