Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lidl still have loads of their SOS 79p hand cream left when I went last night, I've been using it for the past two months and barely seem to have used any :)

Ignore the influencers flogging a £16 tiny pot of hand cream!
That stuff is brilliant 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We have family in North Cornwall that are both over 70 but in their own. We are over 200 miles away and I’m worried about them being on their own. They have a big house and we could all stay there but they have no children if their own and I am their only niece. I feel like I should be there helping them and I don’t know what to do for the best. I have a 1yr old and my partner can work from anywhere. I just don’t know what to do to support the elderly members of my family.
do they have anyone around who can help, or can you set up some online deliveries in advance?
We have family down south alone but luckily with the help of neighbours they have a plan of action for shopping and the like.

Reactions: 1
Having a meltdown 😥
Hubby usually works away for weeks at a time and thought my luck was in that we'd actually be able to use this time as family time, albeit stuck inside.

He's gone to live with his best friend that has MS for 12 weeks as of today to look after him.

He's just left and I feel like we've broken up 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️
I think it's easy to offer comfort saying think of it as him being away as he usually is for work-when you know he is not.
It's harder knowing what you had planned is not happening.
An act of kindness is a privilege, it's how we accrue our blessings
I really do feel for you and your family ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Dad (Copper) just said it will probably be the whole country & the Gov might make it compulsory not to go to areas where there will be lots of people. At the moment it’s only advice.

Reactions: 3
Anymore news on the schools being open for key workers? Anyone heard anything from thier schools? I'm really interested in how it will work.
Key workers list keeps being pushed back, said it was going to be announced last night, then this morning, now this afternoon 😤

My child's school is linking up with a couple of others locally, within the same academy and they have asked parents to contact them who are part of the key workers list!?! so they can decide if they will open one school for children or all of them if there are lots that will still need to attend.

It’s disgusting the way some people behave! I wonder if anyone has thought about going half’s on the last of products and splitting them outside the shop.
You really see people’s true colours in times like this 😩
Some woman put 6 massive packs of Weetabix in her trolley this morning - she’ll need loo roll 🤪

just logged on to see Tesco have taken £20 less than what my shop came to, let’s start guessing what’s missing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember the complete scumbags that stole a JCB and looted a Lidl in Ireland.

I shouldn’t laugh it was awful, and I assume they were made outcasts in whatever facility they ended up in 😂🤣
But Jesus Christ what would make you think this was a good idea.
And yes, they’re using a jcb to rip the roof off the store.
HAPPY THURSDAY!! 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
where abouts are you?I'm in Sussex and our superstores are basically empty.It began with loo rolls and antibacterial wash/ wipes ,now unless you're able to get out by 7am ,there's no bread ,tins et c ..Hope youre better equipped .xxxx
Essex.

Talking to ppl in other European countries they all said that once lockdown came in to force there’s not been a problem buying goods and stock levels are up. It’s also much quieter so bring it on 👍🏻

Reactions: 10
Condoms? He is involved so let him take some of the responsibility of birth control. Amazon is the best place to bulk buy them cheap 😉

I have a 2 month wait now for an appointment at the Family Planning CliniC for my contraceptive change, you’d better stock up!
Oh we have condoms already of course, was going for more long term measures, 2 kids is more than enough for me thanks 😁😁. Although it will be funny and look well dodgy now bulk ordering a f*** load of condoms before the country goes on lockdown 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Some woman put 6 massive packs of Weetabix in her trolley this morning - she’ll need loo roll 🤪

just logged on to see Tesco have taken £20 less than what my shop came to, let’s start guessing what’s missing 😂
My Tesco order was £20 less than what I ordered yesterday... toilet roll, pasta, fabric conditioner, bacon, pies, fish fingers all missing. But my discounted Easter egg was there so swings and roundabouts 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Although I’ve been keeping abreast of events for some time, so like most of you I’m aware of what is likely to be coming, I feel like this morning is where the gravity of the situation actually hit me:

This morning a friend let us know her Nan had been admitted to hospital and has been placed on an end of life pathway. The ward is locked down, so she and her family cannot say goodbye.

Another friend received a pamphlet from her child’s school, explaining how to explain what’s happening to kids. One of those things being an answer to “Will my Nan & Grandad die?” Alongside an explanation as to how to explain death to a child. She understands why the school have to do it, but it didn’t make it any less upsetting for her.

I went to the supermarket to pick up my mums prescription. Because there were so many people there who weren’t keeping their distance, despite me leaping away, I realised the only thing I could do to protect her was to ring ahead and leave it on her doorstep.

The realisation that this will be reality (and worse) for us all for months, absolutely broke me. So I sobbed, alone in the car. 😞

Positive vibes isn’t enough to keep us safe. People need to start taking the advice to social distance absolutely seriously!

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Oh we have condoms already of course, was going for more long term measures, 2 kids is more than enough for me thanks 😁😁. Although it will be funny and look well dodgy now bulk ordering a f*** load of condoms before the country goes on lockdown 😂😂
You won’t be alone 😂 I double up (coil too)

• Haha
If the army/police aren't going to be patrolling the streets how is it gonna be enforced that people actually stay home? I know lots of people saying they are gonna sneak out and go to their girlfriends/boyfriends house or their friends and visit them lots of young people aren't bothered because they think young people will be fine my friends are all 18-22 and that's what they are saying???

I mean, at the end of this we're all going to have raging IBS but at least we'll be size 6 with hair down to our arses

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s either that or I strangle the b*****d during this whole situation!! will be self isolating as it is, I’d rather not spend another 20yrs for murder 😂😂😂
Only pros for serving time for murder is no need to cook and worry about scrambling for potatoes and bog roll 😂

I jest. I don’t condone murder 👀👀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know that nobody can answer this for definite but do you think we're heading towards lockdown?

my sister reckons she's in the early stages of labour :oops: and she hasn't got any baby formula in and i'm tempted to order some to her house from my amazon prime, I said she needs to hurry up and try and get some because your body may not produce enough milk if you're stressed - she said she's been having panic attacks out of nowhere and waking up in tears every morning :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Only pros for serving time for murder is no need to cook and worry about scrambling for potatoes and bog roll 😂

I jest. I don’t condone murder 👀👀
I’d be able to self isolate without a 6yr old moaning she can’t find something further than her own nose either!! 😂 I’m starting to doubt where the problem with this plan is now 😂

• Haha
Anymore news on the schools being open for key workers? Anyone heard anything from thier schools? I'm really interested in how it will work.
We've been sent forms from each school to give them an idea on how many numbers will require schooling. They have asked that people refrain from calling directly while they work out the best strategy to implement their plans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.