Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a serious note, I went to Boots this morning and they were only allowed 15 people in the store at a time so we had to queue outside while they operated a one in, one out policy. The women in front of me were craning to see the baby formula section and talking about which ones they needed

It broke my heart a little. I breastfeed so thankfully this isn’t a concern for me, but imagine worrying about how you were going to feed your baby

I’ve read some cases of poor people having to water down formula which leads to their babies being underweight and malnourished. I hope no one has to do this but it could end up being the only option if shortages continue

• Sad
Reactions: 9
my sister reckons she's in the early stages of labour :oops: and she hasn't got any baby formula in and i'm tempted to order some to her house from my amazon prime, I said she needs to hurry up and try and get some because your body may not produce enough milk if you're stressed - she said she's been having panic attacks out of nowhere and waking up in tears every morning :(
I would do it for her and it would be good to have just in case . With my youngest sister my mother couldn't feed after just three days when she wasn't feeling well.

Reactions: 3
On a serious note, I went to Boots this morning and they were only allowed 15 people in the store at a time so we had to queue outside while they operated a one in, one out policy. The women in front of me were craning to see the baby formula section and talking about which ones they needed

It broke my heart a little. I breastfeed so thankfully this isn’t a concern for me, but imagine worrying about how you were going to feed your baby

I’ve read some cases of poor people having to water down formula which leads to their babies being underweight and malnourished. I hope no one has to do this but it could end up being the only option if shortages continue
I have a 4 month old and it’s been really awful. Last week (way before the school closures etc), I went round 7-8 shops & couldn’t get the formula I needed. In the end my partner ended up finding some in a shop about 25 miles away.

If anyone is really desperate, you can (in theory) order milk through a pharmacy. I believe pharmacies are asking customers to try and source it elsewhere first, to lighten the pressure on them. But it might be an option for some.

Reactions: 4
I’d be able to self isolate without a 6yr old moaning she can’t find something further than her own nose either!! 😂 I’m starting to doubt where the problem with this plan is now 😂
i mean I won’t lie perhaps a mums only jail might be some kind of relief 😂😂
Then only downside is that most of our homes would be absolute chaos without us there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
my sister reckons she's in the early stages of labour :oops: and she hasn't got any baby formula in and i'm tempted to order some to her house from my amazon prime, I said she needs to hurry up and try and get some because your body may not produce enough milk if you're stressed - she said she's been having panic attacks out of nowhere and waking up in tears every morning :(
If she’s having baby in hospital, I’m sure they would help her if she desperately needed formula! I know my hospital provide it if you have problems breastfeeding. Obviously it isn’t meant to be relied on, but I believe most (possibly all) hospitals have it for circumstances like this. Having said that, I would probably feel the same as you and would probably buy some if you can, just in case.
I really hope everything goes well for your sister!! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The hospital where I had mine had milk there,.

Yes she will need it for when she gets home, but the baby won't starve - you telling her she needs to hurry up because her body may not produce milk probably hasn't helped her stress levels tbh.

Reactions: 2
i mean I won’t lie perhaps a mums only jail might be some kind of relief 😂😂
Then only downside is that most of our homes would be absolute chaos without us there 😂
Aaaaaah that’s ok, be a bit like hunger games...leave them to it and may the odds be forever be in their favour! I’m happy being some big butch woman’s witch for a whole nights sleep and unlimited loo roll!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Aaaaaah that’s ok, be a bit like hunger games...leave them to it and may the odds be forever be in their favour! I’m happy being some big butch woman’s witch for a whole nights sleep and unlimited loo roll!! 😂
😂😂 *does hunger games salute*

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There was a very low mood at school this morning. My kids love their teachers and will be saying goodbye tomorrow.

I'm not actually sure what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment? Staying in? I dont have any symptoms, my friend has asked if she can come is that allowed? I know it's a stupid question but I just wanna do the right thing .

I was advised to take the premade bottles. I have seen them in the supermarkets where formula powder is sold out. If you can find the premade packs on Amazon that may be beneficial. Labour/pregnancy is stressful under usual circumstances so I can only imagine how difficult it is trying to comprehend all this right now. I hope it all goes well

Just had an email to say my sons special needs school is staying open, for as long as possible anyway.
He’s off today as his anxiety rocketed this morning but he’s very happy now he knows (some sort of) normality will be resumed.
I just have to try and hope for the best with my eldest in year 11 now 😫
We are currently only going out if essential and I’m going to carry on doing that for the foreseeable future.

Sending hugs to anyone who needs one today (I would send toilet paper too but duck that I’m not that nice 🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We've been sent forms from each school to give them an idea on how many numbers will require schooling. They have asked that people refrain from calling directly while they work out the best strategy to implement their plans.
Hopefully our school do this then. We have only been told not to phone school unless our kids are Ill.

Reactions: 1
Best of luck to her. She should be supported to breastfeed as all women should if they want to do so. The rates of women unable to breastfeed are very low (2%) and being stressed is not a recognised reason for this. She can do it, but she’ll need support. I recommend the La Leche League helpline which is free and incredible. If exposed to the virus she’d produce antibodies in her breastmilk too!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any credible information suggesting that the whole uk will be on lockdown soon?

Best of luck to her. She should be supported to breastfeed as all women should if they want to do so. The rates of women unable to breastfeed are very low (2%) and being stressed is not a recognised reason for this. She can do it, but she’ll need support. I recommend the La Leche League helpline which is free and incredible. If exposed to the virus she’d produce antibodies in her breastmilk too!
that's really reassuring! ive just screenshot this and sent it to her, im sure it will help to ease her mind a lot <3

They say dont congregate but the queue for my local costco is exceeding onto the motorway

• Wow
They say dont congregate but the queue for my local costco is exceeding onto the motorway
my husband's boss took him to the local Bookers wholesaler on Tuesday afternoon and he said it was already completely obliterated, he managed to get a crate of beans, multipack of dry cat food (sorry girls, no more daily tuna ya spoilt little fatties), a big bag of cous cous and a sack of rice

that's really reassuring! ive just screenshot this and sent it to her, im sure it will help to ease her mind a lot <3
That’s great to hear! She’ll get support in hospital but so important to continue working at it at home. There’s some great Facebook community groups too - Breastfeeding Yummy Mummies is good. Lots of people will want to help in this situation but the best you can do is champion her and believe that she can do it too - it’s all about having the support x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
my husband's boss took him to the local Bookers wholesaler on Tuesday afternoon and he said it was already completely obliterated, he managed to get a crate of beans, multipack of dry cat food (sorry girls, no more daily tuna ya spoilt little fatties), a big bag of cous cous and a sack of rice
Tbf im glad he got cat food, i can live on two bowls of cereal a day (indoor summer body here i come) but id be heartbroken for my cats if i couldnt feed them....then they start eating my toes

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.