Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has anyone seen that video on facebook of the woman talking from her hospital bed down south in the ICU? I am more and more convinced I've already had this, I pick up absolutely anything and everything - before my cancer treatment i was diagnosed with something called Mannose-Binding Lectin Deficiency by immunology which can make you unable to fight infection efficiently, and then my blood cancer diagnosis came a few months later and what was left of my immune system wiped out by 5 months of intensive chemo... in the past 6 weeks I have had 3 bouts of severe illness (temperature, sickness, diarrhoea) but the first one which landed me in hospital the first week of february was terrifying...

I had been unwell for about a week (sore throat, extreme fatigue, a dry persistent cough that made me vomit and I didn't sleep because it was so bad) before having to go to a&e for nebulisers 2 days in a row, as my chest became so bad, I was gasping for breath like a fish out of water and blowing 50 on my peak flow. Even talking made me out of breath, I didn't have the energy to walk and had to crawl to and from the toilet from bed. The only reason I wasn't admitted was because there was no beds in the hospital, and that's before this has kicked off. The breathlessness persisted even with a high dose of steroids, and I went through a blue inhaler in less than a week when I should really have been in hospital having regular nebs. I'm still not right and I believe it ran me down so much making me susceptible to the other two bugs I've had.

I really hope they hurry their arses up and make the tests widely available to screen to see if you've already had it, as im sure it would help the situation a lot.
That sounds awful. I hope you’re ok. Is someone looking after you?x

Reactions: 2
because its disaster management, people can only tolerate so much distressing news at once
They could have just not responded to the claims. Surely by saying they are not doing something, then go on to do it, they are risking losing any credibility and trust? Which at a time like this, is crucial

Reactions: 2
That sounds awful. I hope you’re ok. Is someone looking after you?x
luckily I have my husband who is now self-isolating with me, and parents live just down the road, however my father is t1 diabetic so now my mam is terrified to go to the shops for supplies or leave the house at all as well. this is just a horrible de ja vu for me considering I spent most of last year and the year before isolated..just as I was getting back on my feet, this happens.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
We really are such privileged fuckers aren’t we.
I used to love when my grandad told stories of life after the war, it was like fiction, queuing for petrol, getting the broken biscuits from the Jacobs factory because a staff member lives on the same road and shared them out (I obviously focused on priorities)
feeding the neighbours kids because you had extra that week.

We’re a long way off that but it must be so weird seeing those in their 90’s watching this happen.

I keep needing to remind myself to STOP stressing about the smallest things and remember there are people who won’t get to say goodbye to their parents or family members, or who won’t be able to feed their kids in a weeks time because they’ve lost their jobs.

and I need to keep reminding myself to get off line or go read other threads here 😐
I might come out of this physically, but i don’t want to be a mess mentally when we do.

Daily reminder,
look after your 3 ply and your head 👍
Go outside, wash your hands, go check what Rebecca lamb is having for lunch 🤷‍♀️ Or what’s happening with Megan and Harry 😂🤣

just pull yourself back from the edge 👍🤪

also, while I’m being a condescending twit.
“Lockdown” does not mean you’re stripped of you rights 😣 it done to make sure the right people are able to access the right resources and get to the right places at the right time without hysteria!!
180 people looking to go to Asda isn’t safe, it’s a short term solution to help everyone, not lock them away for months on end.
Also my positive is not having to see my mother in law 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Hey everyone, as our local gym has closed I decided to go for a run in the local park thinking it would be quiet and not to many people about 😬 well I was wrong, it was like a summers day with families out children with there bikes, I am totally baffled 😕 if they have been keeping there Children off school due to the Coronavirus as they don’t want them to catch it ( totally right in doing so ) what would you take them out ?? Am I being unreasonable here ?? I just don’t get it 🤷‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 12
luckily I have my husband who is now self-isolating with me, and parents live just down the road, however my father is t1 diabetic so now my mam is terrified to go to the shops for supplies or leave the house at all as well. this is just a horrible de ja vu for me considering I spent most of last year and the year before isolated..just as I was getting back on my feet, this happens.
I’m glad you have someone but it still must be terrifying. Can neighbours or family friends assist your parents?
It is an awful situation all round but take care of yourself xx

I have just had a melt down. Let’s be honest it was coming but I’ve coped pretty well up until now. My husband is nhs but works in a different city to where we live so is away during the week. In my head because boris says if you can work from home you should I assumed that would mean my husband as he dials into meetings and things but he’s just made it clear once paternity leave is done he’s expected back to work away from home. So obviously mixing with lots of people putting the baby at risk. I’m trying so hard to be positive I really am but I don’t know how my mental health will survive this. I know we have lots of positives at least he has a job etc but it’s frightening me. I know my hormones are wild but I’m just having a moment well it’s been an hour actually!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have just had a melt down. Let’s be honest it was coming but I’ve coped pretty well up until now. My husband is nhs but works in a different city to where we live so is away during the week. In my head because boris says if you can work from home you should I assumed that would mean my husband as he dials into meetings and things but he’s just made it clear once paternity leave is done he’s expected back to work away from home. So obviously mixing with lots of people putting the baby at risk. I’m trying so hard to be positive I really am but I don’t know how my mental health will survive this. I know we have lots of positives at least he has a job etc but it’s frightening me. I know my hormones are wild but I’m just having a moment well it’s been an hour actually!
I can totally understand. Try some deep breathing and do a meditation on YouTube. It does help calm you. Otherwise try and keep busy and limit your time on social media and seeing the news. You’ve clearly been through a lot and still are so don’t be hard on yourself either xx

Reactions: 1
I can totally understand. Try some deep breathing and do a meditation on YouTube. It does help calm you. Otherwise try and keep busy and limit your time on social media and seeing the news. You’ve clearly been through a lot and still are so don’t be hard on yourself either xx
Thank you I will try that. I have switched the news off today.

Reactions: 1
I have a funeral to attend next week 😢
Church has cancelled as no church funerals after Friday.
Cant bring body home for night before funeral, something to do with the staff not allowed into people’s house. Not the send off the family wanted. If we lock down, no idea what will happen 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Don’t tell me....eggy chewna bread 🙈
Hun, I’m still worried about making my banana bread for that repost!!
it’s comfort food all the way here, all about balance. Eggy tuna french toast and 8 biscuits, il treat myself after don’t worry!!

Is anyone doing a speech today? If so does anyone know what time?
I mean, I did earlier but that doesn’t count does it? I brushed my hair before typing and everything 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean, at the end of this we're all going to have raging IBS but at least we'll be size 6 with hair down to our arses
Don’t know about size 6. I can’t stop eating! I’m an emotional eater and my anxiety is through the roof right now. I’ve even started grinding my teeth excessively in my sleep for the first time in months and woke up with bad jaw pain. 😩

Between the eating and not being able to get a hair/brow appointment, I’m gonna come out of this looking like a Bergen from Trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don’t know about size 6. I can’t stop eating! I’m an emotional eater and my anxiety is through the roof right now. I’ve even started grinding my teeth excessively in my sleep for the first time in months and woke up with bad jaw pain. 😩

Between the eating and not being able to get a hair/brow appointment, I’m gonna come out of this looking like a Bergen from Trolls.
I’ve lost 3 lbs this week.... don’t know if that’s meant to happen at 40 weeks pregnant 😂

Reactions: 3
I won’t put which very large organisation my partner works for, but he got came home from work early yesterday with classic flu symptoms. Temp over 38 degrees Celsius, sweat dripping off him but shivering.

They’ve phoned today - he had to take his temp whilst on the phone - 37.4 (had paracetamol not long ago) I had to take my temp whilst he was on the phone - 38.2 - and they asked if he could go back in on Monday 😳😡

Not only that, he received an “absence from work” letter today so they must’ve posted it yesterday.

to add he’s worked there for over 20 years and hasn’t had a day off sick in literal years.

Im furious, he feels too crap to care. The organisation’s face is self isolation blah blah blah but it’s the local managers turning the screws on employees to flaunt self isolation rules. Insanity.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.