Coronation Street #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Possibly.

Asha and Amy come across as quite feisty, smart young women and yet Summer just seems like a whining mess. She has that vacant, goldfish look about her.
Her wobbly head bobbing is winding me up more than Bethany's bobbly head twitches ever did.

Lets give Summer some credit though, she appeared in the factory for all of one scene, didn't even take her coat off. They're so lucky to have her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is Summer’s relative head of ITV or something. It’s so weird she’s front and centre of the show

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What on earth is corrie these days.
Thats my opening statement, I'm new to this thread 😂 you've got that idiot Paul accidentally letting slip in the middle of a pub in front of strangers, that summer is pregnant. Then you've got that ridiculous storyline with Gemmas old lady which bored me to tears, we've got Audrey's long lost son who happens to have a full blown Canadian accent and has suddenly decide to become a killer and finally, to top off the week, we get Amy Barlows fella giving us a lesson on refugees with the input of kirk and Ches. But on a positive note I'm glad they have finally let the quads out of the attic.
Bring back blanche and Jim Mcdonald so it is!
Except the actor playing Stephen should have studied a Canada accent because he sounds more American than Canadian

Reactions: 8
Except the actor playing Stephen should have studied a Canada accent because he sounds more American than Canadian
He is American in real life isn’t he? I had to google because his accent was so bad that I thought he was British and putting it on 🤣 I don’t know why they got an American actor to play a Canadian… why wouldn’t they just make him American?

• Haha
He is American in real life isn’t he? I had to google because his accent was so bad that I thought he was British and putting it on 🤣 I don’t know why they got an American actor to play a Canadian… why wouldn’t they just make him American?
They proably thought most people can't tell the difference between a Canadian and American accent. Bit like Australia and New Zealand.

I just looked up his wiki too. He was born in Ohio but raised in New York, Germany, Chicago, Brazil and then moved to Australia at 16. No wonder his accent is all over the shop. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Has Stephen always been Canadian (American) - I’m trying to remember the last time he was in the show. I assumed he was English and had moved to Milan.

Reactions: 1
Has Stephen always been Canadian (American) - I’m trying to remember the last time he was in the show. I assumed he was English and had moved to Milan.
Yeah, he came over with his adoptive dad in the 80s. Adoptive dad tried to woo Audrey, and Alma got flutters for Stephen.

Nick went to live there after it all went to pieces with Leanne too.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, he came over with his adoptive dad in the 80s. Adoptive dad tried to woo Audrey, and Alma got flutters for Stephen.

Nick went to live there after it all went to pieces with Leanne too.
So is Audrey not his bio mother?

Reactions: 1
So is Audrey not his bio mother?
Audrey is, but gave him up for adoption due to the stigma of unwed mothers at the time. He ended up in Canada that way.

No idea when he goes to Milan. I watch the classic episodes on ITV3, we haven't got to that bit yet! Richard Hillman has only just rocked up.

Audrey is, but gave him up for adoption due to the stigma of unwed mothers at the time. He ended up in Canada that way.

No idea when he goes to Milan. I watch the classic episodes on ITV3, we haven't got to that bit yet! Richard Hillman has only just rocked up.
Oh has he , I may have to get back into the classics for that

Reactions: 2
Oh has he , I may have to get back into the classics for that
There is a thread for it, but to save pinging you all over the place.

Richard has pretty much just started dating Gail, so right at the beginning of his saga. I've never seen it before properly, so interested to see it unfold.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Audrey had Stephen very young and was encouraged (pretty much forced) to have him adopted. His adoptive family subsequently emigrated to Canada. Milan (anybody else really annoyed how he says it?) was a work thing. When Audrey got pregnant again (by Ted who turned out to be gay) she was determined to keep her but pretty sure Gail didn’t know she had a brother for years.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.