Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a massive fan of abi at all normally but I can see why she reacted like that with Nina.obviously it’s wrong but the grief and anger must be unbearable at the moment .
Ps.I’m aware it’s a soap and not real 😂

Reactions: 5
I get Abi was upset but to be that rude to Nina was out of order.Nina should’ve said to her she wasn’t a good mum to Seb anyway.
No way would Kelly be the only one charged with murder.They were all there so it should be all of them.Do the police believe Kelly could kill Seb alone(no weapon) without him attempting to fight back 🙄If Corrie want to be taken seriously with hard hitting storylines at least do them properly.Also did the police ever ask Corey was lying about his whereabouts and fake movie night with Asha if he was not involved 🙄.

Reactions: 11
I get Abi was upset but to be that rude to Nina was out of order.Nina should’ve said to her she wasn’t a good mum to Seb anyway.
No way would Kelly be the only one charged with murder.They were all there so it should be all of them.Do the police believe Kelly could kill Seb alone(no weapon) without him attempting to fight back 🙄If Corrie want to be taken seriously with hard hitting storylines at least do them properly.Also did the police ever ask Corey was lying about his whereabouts and fake movie night with Asha if he was not involved 🙄.
Just because Corey ‘owned up’ first the police have just taken his word as gospel. Also why would the other two admit to GBH but not implicate Corey as well?

Reactions: 11
I can't help but like Sam. I think he's great and he did make me laugh tonight with Daniel.

On a different note I hate that they made Abi react like that. I am sick of the writers making these characters vile and angry when they are hurting. They did it to Leanne with Oliver and in the end I couldn't stand her and lost all sympathy for the character. She just wound me up every episode. I can already feel it happening with Abi.
Whilst I don't like leanes character in classic corrie I think Jane dansons performance is so much better back then and the writing is better , sadly it seems the writers always look to the wrong characters to do storylines , I dont think I've ever had sympathy for leanne but I have seen Jane danson do some quality acting , but if the writing is not right for the character then they are pissing into the wind trying to make me get into it
I can imagine at some point a new writer will come in and have a new pimp storyline to do , looks around for a character to play the pimp and sees David Neilson , perfect , Roy is corries new pimp.

Abi is like a game of snakes and ladders they have written her so inconsistent, drug addict to turning her life around , wheeeee back down the snake , up the ladder she goes and so on , im bored of characters redemption storylines and no doubt Abi will slide right down the snake to the start and the next 6 months will be her trauma. Obviously I know it is traumatic , I just don't believe Abi would say that to a kid who was his girlfriend , I would have believed it if she had had a go at Asha , even though Asha wasn't involved she is friends with them , but not Nina, I know Abi is angry but that just seemed far fetched.

Reactions: 7
Whilst I don't like leanes character in classic corrie I think Jane dansons performance is so much better back then and the writing is better , sadly it seems the writers always look to the wrong characters to do storylines , I dont think I've ever had sympathy for leanne but I have seen Jane danson do some quality acting , but if the writing is not right for the character then they are pissing into the wind trying to make me get into it
I can imagine at some point a new writer will come in and have a new pimp storyline to do , looks around for a character to play the pimp and sees David Neilson , perfect , Roy is corries new pimp.

Abi is like a game of snakes and ladders they have written her so inconsistent, drug addict to turning her life around , wheeeee back down the snake , up the ladder she goes and so on , im bored of characters redemption storylines and no doubt Abi will slide right down the snake to the start and the next 6 months will be her trauma. Obviously I know it is traumatic , I just don't believe Abi would say that to a kid who was his girlfriend , I would have believed it if she had had a go at Asha , even though Asha wasn't involved she is friends with them , but not Nina, I know Abi is angry but that just seemed far fetched.
I’m going to sound hard hearted but I hate they way they drag the life out of some storylines to the point that I don’t even watch it because it so annoying so all public awareness is lost due to boredom or irritation with the character and yes I’m shallow.
So now we are going to have Abi going bonkers and acting aggressive pushing everyone’s buttons in her quest for Justice and don’t even get me started on last nights episode and it’s going to be dragged out for months and months and yes I know this happens in real life ( goes on for years) but I suppose now we are going to have to see her journey to realisation that nina has a perfect right to wear/live however she wants and that’s what Seb loved about her
Is it to much to ask this is done in a week 🤔😬

What has ALWAYS rankled about Corrie is that almost 90% of the cast have been truly horrible people in the past but they never ever give anyone else the benefit of the doubt or sympathy I think the only time I’ve seen it is when Kevin gave Maria a few home truths in The Rovers the other week when she was having a go at Tyrone

I’m sooo confused by all their ages, Kelly’s only 15?! Which makes her the same age as Asha Corey etc? Yet asha was going out with Nina who must be at least what, 20? And seb must’ve been around 24 at least?

I’m sooo confused by all their ages, Kelly’s only 15?! Which makes her the same age as Asha Corey etc? Yet asha was going out with Nina who must be at least what, 20? And seb must’ve been around 24 at least?
I think I read on DS that Seb was 20. Not sure about Nina but I think Asha just had her 16th birthday recently didn’t she?

• Wow
Nina is 19, Seb was 20. Think Asha etc are 16.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Nina is 19, Seb was 20. Think Asha etc are 16.
Yep. Just had a look on Corrie Wiki. Nina was born in 2002. I'm having trouble believing Corey is 16 though.

I thought Toyah was great last night sticking it to Kelly's mum. I've finally started to warm to Toyah and Imran as a couple. I thought they were badly matched at first but they've grown on me.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So how old are Tyrone and Alina supposed to be? I’m so shocked kelly Corey etc are 15/16!

Reactions: 2
So how old are Tyrone and Alina supposed to be? I’m so shocked kelly Corey etc are 15/16!
Tyrone is 38 and Alina is around 23 I think? The wiki said Alina was born in 1998 and Tyrone was born in 1982. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Can’t stand Sam he gives me rage
Ahh ... don't be mean about Sam.

Anyway, but time Corrie have finished with him he'll go from being a child genius to a drug addicted homeless kid, scamming Gail, who finds redemption working in Dev's kebab shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes! I was just coming to say this
He bubbled with the lady who plays his sis but that wasn’t needed as much as this was.

I do also think they rushed the Seb and Nina getting together than dying, a longer relationship would’ve been better IMO
They’d only been together a matter of weeks and were madly in love, not very realistic.
Have they written Debbie out?? I was enjoying her! I love her in Dinnerladies

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.