Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well got to say I enjoyed tonight's episodes, if that is the right way to say it. I found it upsetting but it was the first time for a long time it had me hooked.

Loved Roy's speech to Carla, just love him in general anyway but thought it was spot on.

Yes i read that the show worked alongside Sophie Lancaster's mum developing the storyline, so I feel like I can watch without thinking it is wrong. Sadly it is real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I felt so sad for Roy. David Neilson is such a good actor.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree with the above comments on tonight’s episode.Hard to watch but done well.Giving Corrie slight praise as it has been so shite of late.I do wish the writers would do some gritty storylines that aren’t from real life situations.Eg Toyah’s rape.

Reactions: 9
Why did Toyah and Imran look like they had been in bed for hours at 9.30pm 😂

Tonight's ep was good, Roy was brilliant

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Aww....Roy talking about Hayley and promising to look after Nina 💕

I felt the storyline was a bit rushed tbh. But it was well done.
Sophie Lancaster's mum worked with the writers so I don't feel it was being exploitative. It's so sad that this sort of thing happens in real life 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure I can do such a heavy storyline straight after Yasmeen and Geoff, Leanne and Oliver , Leanne and Drugs, Peter on deaths door ...

It's all just misery and exhausting to watch. I actually turned off the second episode last night.

Reactions: 6
I'm currently hating the fact that Tyrone is so happy. Also sad for Nina and Seb. I didnt realise it was because she was goth though I thought it was because she has history with Asha and Corey doesn't like her.

Does anyone know whether nina and seb survive?

Reactions: 2
Just caught up with last night's episodes. The actor who plays Roy made me choke with tears - he is brilliant! I thought they were excellent episodes, the best corrie has been in a long time.

• Heart
The talk Roy had with Nina in the hospital was beautiful, made me tear up.
As I gather that they worked with Sophie’s mum I do wonder how her boyfriend who was injured in the attack will feel seeing this. From what I’ve read he’s not on the best terms with Sophie’s mum and believes the narrative that they were attacked because of them being goths is a massive oversimplification of the issue. He seems to have been really damaged mentally by this attack (of course he would have) so I hope this new storyline doesn’t hurt him in anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm currently hating the fact that Tyrone is so happy. Also sad for Nina and Seb. I didnt realise it was because she was goth though I thought it was because she has history with Asha and Corey doesn't like her.

Read the mirror on line, they gave the story line away today without warning. I WAS SO ANGRY.

Reactions: 1
Having been a bag of toss for over a year, Corrie really pulled it out of the bag last night. Nina and Seb are a brilliant pairing and the episodes were brilliant, with the juxtaposition of Abi and her excitement and then Nina and Seb. I hope they continue it and pace it properly and it's not all forgotten in a month.

The talk Roy had with Nina in the hospital was beautiful, made me tear up.
As I gather that they worked with Sophie’s mum I do wonder how her boyfriend who was injured in the attack will feel seeing this. From what I’ve read he’s not on the best terms with Sophie’s mum and believes the narrative that they were attacked because of them being goths is a massive oversimplification of the issue. He seems to have been really damaged mentally by this attack (of course he would have) so I hope this new storyline doesn’t hurt him in anyway.
Oh that's interesting to hear about the boyfriend. I don't know much about the story just the odd snippets as it makes my blood boil , felt like that last night and it was only acting. May have to read up on the boyfriend now though

Reactions: 3
Well got to say I enjoyed tonight's episodes, if that is the right way to say it. I found it upsetting but it was the first time for a long time it had me hooked.

Loved Roy's speech to Carla, just love him in general anyway but thought it was spot on.

Yes i read that the show worked alongside Sophie Lancaster's mum developing the storyline, so I feel like I can watch without thinking it is wrong. Sadly it is real life.
Agree, I thought they were the best episodes in ages.

Desperately sad to think this is based on a true life story, where a young lady lost her life.

Reactions: 5

Tyrone is giving me the ick. Also has he just forgotten about his daughter (one of them isn’t even fizz’s is she)? Too busy having mid day bonks like a teenager that can’t believe his luck

Having been a bag of toss for over a year, Corrie really pulled it out of the bag last night. Nina and Seb are a brilliant pairing and the episodes were brilliant, with the juxtaposition of Abi and her excitement and then Nina and Seb. I hope they continue it and pace it properly and it's not all forgotten in a month.
I read it’s going to go on for the rest of the year, the investigation, the repercussions between families on the street etc.
I think it is so sad, but a good topic to address and they did consult and get permission

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Brilliantly acted, a masterpiece in acting from David Neilson.
Coronation Street at it's very best.

• Heart
i feel a bit disturbed and upset at these corrie scenes, if it was not a real life murder i think they could get away with it, but i found the murder of Sophie Lancaster a real sad murder, i think recreating in a soap is a bit much imo , i think they have spoken to the family and they have given permission, and i know its about hate crime, i just think they could have done something without recreating a real murder, if you have watched the real documentaries about the murder then this sort of feels exploitative in the name of "issue lead" storylines, just not sure Corrie is the place for it
It happens a lot in real life and I applaud them for tackling this. I think they did it well, just the right amount of visible violence, not over the top salacious and done in the dark too. The focus was more on the build up to the attack showing how easily it can happen and the aftermath at the hospital.
I 'loved' it, very well done. My heart was in my mouth when Nina and Seb were scurrying away, trying not to run. Seriously I was mentally saying "Stay calm and you might just make it. :eek:Much more heart pounding than stupid horror films.
Can't wait for the little shits to get outed for it.:mad: Honestly, none of those involved are likeable teens and I was SO glad Summer walked away when they started dissing Nina. But you just know that stupid Asha will stand by her man, no matter what comes out in the investigation.
Dev now has bragging rights that he knew Corey was a wrong un and never wanted him with Asha.
All very realistic.

Glad it’s not just me who’s pissed off about Tyrone carrying on like that. Seems like he’s had all the freedom and less of the responsibility since leaving Fizz; midday shagging, hotel stays, cringe flirting. Whilst the mother of his kids will have been doing nothing but working and taking care of them alone because who else will? I know a few men irl who when they left the mothers of their children, sacked off the responsibility of parenting as well and basically became bachelors who only saw their kids once or twice a month, one of those men is my own dad so maybe it hits closer to home. It’s annoying seeing it play out on tv as if it’s a totally ok thing that when a couple with kids split up, the man gets to swan off and live his life and the woman is expected to just take it all on on her own.

Reactions: 8
Glad it’s not just me who’s pissed off about Tyrone carrying on like that. Seems like he’s had all the freedom and less of the responsibility since leaving Fizz; midday shagging, hotel stays, cringe flirting. Whilst the mother of his kids will have been doing nothing but working and taking care of them alone because who else will? I know a few men irl who when they left the mothers of their children, sacked off the responsibility of parenting as well and basically became bachelors who only saw their kids once or twice a month, one of those men is my own dad so maybe it hits closer to home. It’s annoying seeing it play out on tv as if it’s a totally ok thing that when a couple with kids split up, the man gets to swan off and live his life and the woman is expected to just take it all on on her own.
Weren’t fizz and Tyrone always short for money? How is he suddenly affording fancy hotels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.