Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there is more to George than meets the eye. I don’t know what but I’m hoping it’s good!

Reactions: 1
As if Sarah would leave Sam with a woman she doesn't know (Sharon), that was so unbelievable. And George taking back Todd after just sacking him. Ludicrous storylines and an insult to our intelligence
Sarah does know Sharon. There was even a scene where Sharon called Sarah 'Sarah- Lou' and Sarah replied 'it's just Sarah now'.

Sharon knew Gail very well. Tried it on with Brian even though he was married to Gail.

apparently Nina is gonna lose her memory .. my boyfriend reckons she is gonna lose her memory and not be a goth anymore. I don't reckon that'll happen.

I reckon she'll lose her memory and not remember she's going out with Seb, and Asha will try and convince her they were together

• Wow
Reactions: 4
apparently Nina is gonna lose her memory .. my boyfriend reckons she is gonna lose her memory and not be a goth anymore. I don't reckon that'll happen.

I reckon she'll lose her memory and not remember she's going out with Seb, and Asha will try and convince her they were together
Not another Shona !

hahahahahahahaha (sarcastic laughter) round and round they go , comedy villains headed up by and old character no one really cares about and Will "2 pints of lager" Mellor , can it get any worse,
next week Peter goes into a DIY shop where two nondescript villains look like they are buying a ladder and both carrying it "quick there he is" as they turn and knock some paint over , a fat one slips pulling the other one down who knocks some more over them both, the fat one looks into camera sighs and says "thats another fine mess you have got me into villain number 2"

i'm guessing the numbers are at a desperate low but the bosses keep fooling themselves blaming netflix and covid for the low numbers, all the while not even watching the shite that is being shown, they could accidentally put the test card on and they would get a huge spike in viewers

• Haha
hahahahahahahaha (sarcastic laughter) round and round they go , comedy villains headed up by and old character no one really cares about and Will "2 pints of lager" Mellor , can it get any worse,
next week Peter goes into a DIY shop where two nondescript villains look like they are buying a ladder and both carrying it "quick there he is" as they turn and knock some paint over , a fat one slips pulling the other one down who knocks some more over them both, the fat one looks into camera sighs and says "thats another fine mess you have got me into villain number 2"

i'm guessing the numbers are at a desperate low but the bosses keep fooling themselves blaming netflix and covid for the low numbers, all the while not even watching the shite that is being shown, they could accidentally put the test card on and they would get a huge spike in viewers
Sharon is definitely a poor attempt at a comedy villain. The comedy walk is hilarious though, she practically bounces down the street. And the way she pounds the screen on her phone and scrolls really fast, it's a wonder she ever dials the right number!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What is it with people leaving their phones and iPads lying around for Sharon to pick up and run off with? She’s managed to invite herself into so many homes on the street now

I’m getting really annoyed at that knowing smirk she pulls when she thinks she’s onto something. I also can’t stand that gravelly voice of hers when she’s talking into her phone

Why does no one in Corrie believe in having a pass code on their phone.Are they not available in the Manchester area.I’m bored of watching.Hoping for some interesting storylines as things get back to normal as this is becoming so stupid now.Leanne and the Barlows shite baddie Sharon and Tyrone and the dull girl.Don’t get me stated on Abbies wedding 💤😴

Why does no one in Corrie believe in having a pass code on their phone.Are they not available in the Manchester area.I’m bored of watching.Hoping for some interesting storylines as things get back to normal as this is becoming so stupid now.Leanne and the Barlows shite baddie Sharon and Tyrone and the dull girl.Don’t get me stated on Abbies wedding 💤😴
I'm only persevering in the hope that the upcoming storyline with Nina and Seb will be worth watching. If it wasn't for that I'd have cut my losses by now!

Reactions: 6
I know she's only acting but she has that look of a school bully , someone I would have been scared to make eye contact with when I was at school lol
Yeah she's almost too convincing in the role. The type that would throw her chair at the teacher lol

• Haha
Reactions: 19
i feel a bit disturbed and upset at these corrie scenes, if it was not a real life murder i think they could get away with it, but i found the murder of Sophie Lancaster a real sad murder, i think recreating in a soap is a bit much imo , i think they have spoken to the family and they have given permission, and i know its about hate crime, i just think they could have done something without recreating a real murder, if you have watched the real documentaries about the murder then this sort of feels exploitative in the name of "issue lead" storylines, just not sure Corrie is the place for it

Reactions: 7
i feel a bit disturbed and upset at these corrie scenes, if it was not a real life murder i think they could get away with it, but i found the murder of Sophie Lancaster a real sad murder, i think recreating in a soap is a bit much imo , i think they have spoken to the family and they have given permission, and i know its about hate crime, i just think they could have done something without recreating a real murder, if you have watched the real documentaries about the murder then this sort of feels exploitative in the name of "issue lead" storylines, just not sure Corrie is the place for it
Yeah I found the scenes just then quite hard to watch, so sad

Reactions: 8
I remember the days when Corrie used to be light entertainment, a simple but lovely soap with strong female characters but now it's getting so depressing. They're trying to recreate too many real life upsetting stories.

It’s full of gangsters and woe is me. Why is there someone from such a small street either in hospital or jail?

Yeah I found the scenes just then quite hard to watch, so sad
ive read that the mother is ok with it , she runs a charity called the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, in a way i guess if her mom is ok and she thinks it will get the message out and helps the charity then its not my place to object, its just sad to see as it reminds me of being angered , frustrated and saddened at the crime, i think it might have been more hard hitting in a drama over 2 nights or something, for me corrie is a soap that does too many exploitative storylines for ratings.

the other annoying thing is how rushed it feels and the contrived way two or three storylines have been rushed, now you can see why they put Asha with that kid and rushed them moving out to live together, it was just so he could introduce us to his lout mates, and rather than allow the storyline of nina and seb to develop naturally, it was really the only nice storyline corrie was doing, but now i know the whole idea they were together, so the reasons change, and it feels like i was duped into enjoying the nina and seb storyline just for this.

i might be overreacting but i'm so pissed off with soaps not being able to just write character based storylines that has humour , what they do now is lazy, they turn up , read the papers and copy any "issue" they read about, its lazy and exploitative, its why ive basically stopped watching soaps , but the nina and seb storyline had me watching to see where it would go , especially when he kept messing up and had to win her round, it was interesting, but it was all contrived throwaway scenes just to lead up to this.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.