Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm confused , i thought Todd was sacked

Worst actors on the street? I think the Bailey family are pretty appalling especially the two sons, whose names I can't remember! The recent storyline with the DNA test was really scraping the barrel. Also why is the Mum never featured anymore apart from on facetime?
Pa Baileys acting is appalling , one minute he is an out of breath cockney, then i think he tries a northern accent, whenever he speaks he makes me cringe

Is Todd being dodgy , its hard to know whether the writers want us to trust him or if its all an act and he is trying to con the funeral guy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Worst actors on the street? I think the Bailey family are pretty appalling especially the two sons, whose names I can't remember! The recent storyline with the DNA test was really scraping the barrel. Also why is the Mum never featured anymore apart from on facetime?
I thought maybe she was shielding in real life

I hated them at first especially the dad but now the mum and footballer have grown on me even Ed a bit lately.Not a fan of the other brother whose lines mainly include saying Grace.Why is Leanne back I was enjoying the time we had away from her

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Were we supposed to feel sorry for Todd with the baby storyline. Cos if so I didn’t. The new Todd does not inspire empathy. I remember the story when Sarah’s and Todd’s baby passed away 17 years ago. It was moving. But shoe horning it into a story about the funeral parlour was yuck!

Reactions: 7
I hated them at first especially the dad but now the mum and footballer have grown on me even Ed a bit lately.Not a fan of the other brother whose lines mainly include saying Grace.Why is Leanne back I was enjoying the time we had away from her
Grace!! 😂 he is annoying and bit too comical like he should be on a kids TV show I.e Danny and mick for anyone whoes kid watches cbbc 😆

• Haha
Were we supposed to feel sorry for Todd with the baby storyline. Cos if so I didn’t. The new Todd does not inspire empathy. I remember the story when Sarah’s and Todd’s baby passed away 17 years ago. It was moving. But shoe horning it into a story about the funeral parlour was yuck!
I just feel uncomfortable with all the scenes involving the funeral parlour. They seem to want to play it for laughs which doesn't sit right with me. I was even expecting them to turn those scenes last night into some sort of comedy sequence. Even though they didn't, I felt weird about it. I just don't trust them to handle death sensitively!

I'd completely forgotten about Todd losing his child as well so it was lost on me until George mentioned it (how did he know by the way, I missed that bit?)

I'm soooo fed up with Eileen tracking todd down to see if he wants his tea. I have an unhealthy hatred of Eileen generally - I find her very immature.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm soooo fed up with Eileen tracking todd down to see if he wants his tea. I have an unhealthy hatred of Eileen generally - I find her very immature.
I hate Eileen as well, I wouldn't tell her to her face though , she is a unit is Eileen I could see her giving me a left hook like Mike Tyson

• Haha
Reactions: 6
looks like Nina survives the attack on her by Corey and his friends but I do think that maybe Seb is not so lucky? I have read that they do tests on him in the hospital that are inconclusive. Are these tests to see if he has brain activity? This storyline feels very rushed.

It would be a waste if he dies as I do feel he is a character that they could do a lot more with. [/SPOILER

Reactions: 3
I think Nina is quite popular? So be silly to kill her off. I don't usually like Seb but I've warmed to him now, it'll be a waste if they kill him now he is a bit likeable!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
looks like Nina survives the attack on her by Corey and his friends but I do think that maybe Seb is not so lucky? I have read that they do tests on him in the hospital that are inconclusive. Are these tests to see if he has brain activity? This storyline feels very rushed.

It would be a waste if he dies as I do feel he is a character that they could do a lot more with. [/SPOILER
Why they feel the need to copy a sad real life murder I dont know, I find these copycat storylines that mimic real life murders appalling in taste.

What is the matter with mcleoud, is he sick in the head filling the soap with constant depression, death and murder.
Not one bit of humour at all like classic corrie

We have a completely unbelievable drugs storyline.

Two former characters from decades ago being dodgy a few months within each other.

A yellow looking alky woman needing a liver who is so ill he goes into hospital, but has all the stamina for a knee trembler on a sofa in a busy house

Funeral comedy about death, then a bizarrely acted, poorly scripted friend out of nowhere turns up like a ghost in a Christmas Carol just to give sociopath Todd a sympathetic storyline.

Now a murder using all the only available kids, one who just happened to move in with the only "bad boy", even though its complete bullshit, all so mcleod can copy a dreadful murder.

Corrie is only good for piss taking these days, it can't be taken seriously at all

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was thinking they had already done the funeral parlour thingy but then remembered that was Eastenders. Ben worked there and met his boyfriend Paul.
Why Corrie thought that was a storyline worth copying is bizarre.

I hate Eileen as well, I wouldn't tell her to her face though , she is a unit is Eileen I could see her giving me a left hook like Mike Tyson
I feel bad for even saying this but she has always reminded me of Nurse in Count Duckula.

1619883898883.png

• Haha
I have never understood why all the blokes fall at Eileens feet. She’s not a looker which of course doesn’t matter if you’re a nice person but she’s not. She’s a mardy old cow who never smiles and finds fault with everything!! I was almost tempted to say she deserved Pat Phelan!

I have never understood why all the blokes fall at Eileens feet. She’s not a looker which of course doesn’t matter if you’re a nice person but she’s not. She’s a mardy old cow who never smiles and finds fault with everything!! I was almost tempted to say she deserved Pat Phelan!
Tbh I think a lot of people thought the same, she isn't a nice person at times.

Plus she harbored a criminal ...... Sean , a criminal for his crimes against acting , another vile character, I think at one stage there was Eileen , Phelan and Tully in the house, I thought a small gas explosion in that house would make the street a nicer place 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree. She has no problem attracting the men and yet she is such a misery most of the time. I'm not sure why they're trying to make her and George a thing. I actually think George would be better matched to Mary.

Reactions: 10
I agree. She has no problem attracting the men and yet she is such a misery most of the time. I'm not sure why they're trying to make her and George a thing. I actually think George would be better matched to Mary.
yes , that would be a better match , george is too nice and soft to be with Eileen, he would become a battered husband :( , he would be scared to death of Eileen poor guy

As if Sarah would leave Sam with a woman she doesn't know (Sharon), that was so unbelievable. And George taking back Todd after just sacking him. Ludicrous storylines and an insult to our intelligence

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.