Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laika1234

VIP Member
Watching classic Corrie on itv 3 and it’s mad how much they now skimp on the extras. The rovers, cafe etc all seem so dead now in comparison to old episodes where there was always lots of extras and background noise.

Reactions: 18

cc_2013

VIP Member
They started putting phones in cells since 2020 during Covid. Presumably so lots of prisoners weren’t using the same phone and they’ve kept them in there ever since
Yes that’s correct. For bad behaviour they would lose the phone. My husband actually went to prison in 2020, COVID did change a lot of things!
---
Can they use them whenever they want then? I feel like I’ve been living under a rock 😂
All numbers have to be pre-approved. It takes around 1 week to get the phone and approved numbers set up. They can dial out to the approved numbers, but no one can dial in. Phone lines are on 7am-11pm. The maximum call length time is 1 hour and then it automatically cuts off, but they can ring straight back. Staff listen in on the calls sometimes and you can hear the interference. Also each prisoner has an account with money which the phone calls etc are all billed to. Landline phones are cheaper than mobiles, and the calls are charged per minute.
The same account is used for any spending; snacks from the shop, vapes, electronical items etc. They also have what is basically an Argos catalogue of things they can request to buy 😂 radios, games consoles, razors (only certain ones of course) etc etc.

Sorry for going SO off topic!
Back to Corrie!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Dollybird

VIP Member
So, is Joel a pimp? Does he just like to abuse young girls himself or is he part of a grooming gang?
If he's up to no good, why has he involved himself in a relationship at all, especially with a solicitor? Hmmmm...
Hiding in plain site , will know all the tea from
Convicts he can nail his crimes too . Knows the inside of the law and didi is so love struck she doesn’t suspect him . I love didi character though and her outfits are amazing . She has good morals and really put her all into helping Roy

ohdoris

VIP Member
I’d very much like an Adam & Kit sandwich :love:

Might have also said this out loud & got a cushion to the head from Mr Doris !! 😂

• Haha

Leo100

VIP Member
Unpopular opinion but I quite like Bethany over Daisy , I see why people find her annoying but Daisy has done so many awful things she deserves to be outed about stealing the mone
so does Jenni she was barely with Stephen before he died and she's acted like a massive victim it was nothing compared to way he treat Elaine. They dont deserve the money

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

Just watched last nights. Maria is soooooooooooooooo annoying me (she always annoys me but she's reaching new heights lately).

I agree that Daisy is pretty amazing haha. If I was in her situation I'd be holed up in bed with a bottle of wine and a family bag of crisps regretting my actions and worrying about setting foot outside my front door ever again but no, she is swanning about, looking fab, still pretty sure she did the right thing.

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Well I think it’s proper shit at the moment but my husband who has not taken any interest in Corrie for the 8 years I’ve known him… has suddenly become obsessed, won’t let me watch it without him and keeps saying “I just want justice for Roy” 😂😂🙈🙈

• Haha
  • Heart

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Maria: “Have you tried ringing Gary?”
Billy: “Haven’t got his number”

Couldn’t believe my ears. You mean Billy hasn’t got everybody’s number on the Street? That’s usually the first rule of soap

• Haha

Spanor511

VIP Member
Bethany is so irritating! It annoys me when an actor leaves a soap because they think they can do better and come crawling back! She went to London and came back a journalist - sure Jan.
She’s lucky they took her back and let’s face it she doesn’t need the money with the footballer bf. Agree, she’s so unbelievably annoying this time round.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just caught up on Fridays ep I was thinking YES! Paul is finally dead, an end to the dreadful storyline… but no

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Davena94

VIP Member
Why would the copper plant the hair? Why does he care if it’s Roy or Nathan or anyone else going down?
---
Dee Dee looks fab in tonight’s episode. She’s got an amazing figure.
She’s lost weight hasn’t she. She’s dressing a lot better lately too

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
Same, he can stay. Just hope they don’t turn him into a boring bastard. Or a serial killer.
Agree - ZacKit is hot. That guy she shagged in the Haçienda must have been something special… he looks nothing like the twins.

can somebody explain to me what Abbie is meant to have done in the video that is so appalling that slack jawed Kevin can’t forgive her. Is she shagging a horse or something? What is this insanely prudish behaviour from him whereby she wasn’t allowed to have sex before their relationship?

also is this going to be a deep fake storyline? If so…. I believe deep fake videos are currently very expensive and complicated to produce. As if that old druggie wrongun who is blackmailing her has the resources or inclination to do that! She’s hardly a celebrity. It’s so ridiculous.

• Haha

charlied0106

VIP Member
Will Bethany ever stop behaving like a silly little teenager? I genuinely don't see any redeeming qualities or any way that a grown man with a child would be attracted to her.

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

I can't cope with Leanne if Nick and Toyah have an affair. She drives me insane as it is but can you imagine how irritating she will be if her sister AND her boyfriend do her wrong! Oh my christ, we'll all need valium to get through the episodes.

• Haha

griftalo

VIP Member
Dee Dee is looking 🔥 lately that pick outfit looked gorgeous on her 😍
Why cant Bethany just keep her nose out and get on with her own life
I can't take any scene with Abi seriously anymore her face is so frozen now she can't show any emotions and her over filled lips are just a distraction
She’s lost what seems to be an enormous amount of weight since starting.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm only half way through the ep but I always dislike back story changes, as a long time watcher it's irritating. The baby stuff would have come up way, way before now.
Especially given her history of desperately wanting a baby but being unable to have one. Corrie has lost the plot.