Coronation Street #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve always said how odd it is that relatives never show up at traumatic times for characters.
I mean what mother wouldn’t move heaven and earth to get to her son when he’d been burned in an acid attack?
so unrealistic when they don’t make an appearance.
Correct about Justin too, he really was creepy & sinister, he should give Stephen some lessons in the art.
Even if they can't get Kym Marsh to come back then just get some lookalike in or recast her - Kym was annoying anyway 😅
I thought the same thing when Kylie died and they didn't bring Becky back. I get its not real life, its a soap and actors have other commitments but still.

Justin really, really shows Stephen up for just how bad he actually is, every Stephen scene when he's trying to be serious or angry, you will find me literally cringing with laughter at him.

Reactions: 12
Wow this is the reason I sit through all the boring rubbish episodes because once in a while you get an episode like this well done to the actors and writers I was totally gripped and that hasn't happened for a while. I'm not ashamed to admit I actually cried through those scenes with Ryan. 😪
Me too! 😭 I love Daisey, always have! Ryan is fantastic, he’s just never really been given the opportunities to show just how talented he is. Excellent episode! ❤

Reactions: 8
Didn’t they poach the Ryan actor from Doctors? Yet they’ve done naff all with the character really apart from making him the cobbles answer to Calvin Harris.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Didn’t they poach the Ryan actor from Doctors? Yet they’ve done naff all with the character really apart from making him the cobbles answer to Calvin Harris.
Was a different actor playing Ryan before him, wasn't it?

Reactions: 1
Even if they can't get Kym Marsh to come back then just get some lookalike in or recast her - Kym was annoying anyway 😅
Yes! They could easily set up a scene with a woman with dark hair sitting beside his bed that we only see briefly as, let’s say, Alya comes out of the doors to his hospital room - they could address it with her saying something like “His mum’s with him at the moment” or something.

CALL ME A DIRECTOR! GET ME ONTO THE STREET! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The actor's voice that plays justin reminds of Bobby from scot squad, I keep expecting him to say officer Karen.

Reactions: 1
Yes! They could easily set up a scene with a woman with dark hair sitting beside his bed that we only see briefly as, let’s say, Alya comes out of the doors to his hospital room - they could address it with her saying something like “His mum’s with him at the moment” or something.

CALL ME A DIRECTOR! GET ME ONTO THE STREET! 😂
Ryan will probably go to Ireland or wherever Michelle is for recuperation and come back with his face all fixed.

I think this will happen. He said on This Morning they’re trying to think about the longterm implications but how can they realistically do that?
Yeah he mentioned they were going to commit to this story long term e.g. multiple operations etc but I don’t believe they’ll want to keep up putting the makeup on him everyday for god knows how long

I heard him say it takes an hour+ in makeup to do the prosthetics.
Surely they won’t be spending that money/time on make up every time he has a scene in the future? I saw that in Eastenders some actors even do their own make up now since Covid don’t know if it’s the same in Corrie but seems a lot to get prosethics in for the rest of his Corrie life?

I know they did an acid attack storyline in emmerdale but not sure if they kept up with the scars the whole time? I know the actor did leave but don’t know how long after!

Reactions: 3
I know they did an acid attack storyline in emmerdale but not sure if they kept up with the scars the whole time? I know the actor did leave but don’t know how long after!
Yeah, I think that was Ross? I think he lasted quite a while after that attack.

Reactions: 4
I heard him say it takes an hour+ in makeup to do the prosthetics.
Surely they won’t be spending that money/time on make up every time he has a scene in the future? I saw that in Eastenders some actors even do their own make up now since Covid don’t know if it’s the same in Corrie but seems a lot to get prosethics in for the rest of his Corrie life?

Yeah it was Ross Barton. They did the make up each episode but it got less and less as time went on.. Then he left 🫣
Can see the same thing happening with Ryan!

Reactions: 5
I thought they were going to go for body scarring, not facial, for the reasons everyone has stated.

It's like Jack having his leg amputated. It's never an issue as he's always wearing trousers.

Reactions: 7
Thought it was a Good episode , would have been nice to see the wedding though. I'm not a fan of Alya either and don't want her to get back with Ryan although it was Daisy who broke them up. I never forget the horrible stuff she has done I'm the past 😅 not that I'm saying she deserved the attack

Reactions: 6
Fantastic episode. The humour at the start (Daisy's eye, calling Jenny 'Jennifer', Bernard's retirement cake) was so well done as a foil for what was to come.

The scenes with Daisy and Ryan after Justin threw the acid were some of the best I've seen in a soap for a long time. Charlotte and Ryan both knocked it out of the park and the direction / production was spot on. I felt sick for a lot of the episode which was just how it should be.

Ross Barton in Emmerdale had a heavily scarred face for quite a while. Ryan will *just* need the side of his face as the rest was his arm and back which they can cover.

I predict that new gf Crystal will not want an acid attack victim for a bf and will vanish. Hopefully this will bring Alya and Ryan back together. I think I must be alone on this forum for liking Alya!

This episode will get a 'best single episode' nod next awards. Rightly so. Corrie at its best.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fantastic episode. The humour at the start (Daisy's eye, calling Jenny 'Jennifer', Bernard's retirement cake) was so well done as a foil for what was to come.

The scenes with Daisy and Ryan after Justin threw the acid were some of the best I've seen in a soap for a long time. Charlotte and Ryan both knocked it out of the park and the direction / production was spot on. I felt sick for a lot of the episode which was just how it should be.

Ross Barton in Emmerdale had a heavily scarred face for quite a while. Ryan will *just* need the side of his face as the rest was his arm and back which they can cover.

I predict that new gf Crystal will not want an acid attack victim for a bf and will vanish. Hopefully this will bring Alya and Ryan back together. I think I must be alone on this forum for liking Alya!

This episode will get a 'best single episode' nod next awards. Rightly so. Corrie at its best.
I don't mind her, but I think I'd prefer her if she didn't look so miserable half the time & the blazers she wears gives me a rage for no reason :oops:

I hope Ryan stays, he deserves this decent storyline and a hopefully a happy ending with Alya. Thinking back to the last big storyline he was in with the robbery in the bistro was shocking! More to do with the writers though.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.