Coping with losing a pet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All of your posts are breaking my heart. Our little cat is 2 in a couple of months and I honestly dread the day she isn't here. I worry about it all the time even though there is nothing wrong with her and she is fit and healthy (that we know off).. I always panic about giving her too much treats etc as I never want her to get sick. Sending love to you all :cry:
It's hard not to worry about them, have you had a look through this thread? Might lighten the mood for you 💖 share your little love in here :)

My parents dog seems to be a bit happier now. They removed their stair gate and she has a basket in their room. Before, their dogs always slept downstairs. But there was always two or three.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My parents dog seems to be a bit happier now. They removed their stair gate and she has a basket in their room. Before, their dogs always slept downstairs. But there was always two or three.
I was wondering how your parents dog was getting on, we brought our wee boy back from the vets and laid him on the ground so our young dog could see him (they were best buds) he went over, sniffed and walked away, then went back and started to paw and lick him, that broke me, but I think it gave him an understanding on why he wasn't there anymore, he really struggled for a while to.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm still really struggling and I feel totally stuck. This has absolutely destroyed me, I feel like it's forever changed me. I think I'll give the Blue Cross a go.

• Heart
  • Sad
I've made a huge decision today to get another pup, it'll be good for my young dog and for me as I've been soo upset after losing my boy.

• Heart
I've made a huge decision today to get another pup, it'll be good for my young dog and for me as I've been soo upset after losing my boy.
Awe how fab 🙂 hope all goes well 👍 let us know how you get on with the new family member?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm so sorry for all of you who are struggling with the loss of your best friends. I would recommend anyone who's finding things really difficult to contact the blue cross bereavement service. We lost a Labrador puppy at 15 weeks due to fits she had to get pts the "breeder" was apologetic but no help .I still don't know what happened to my pups litter mates but just saw on a well known seller site she has more litters of Labrador puppies up for sale for £900 .It's like my grief had manifested into anger. I thought I'd have my wee girl for at least 10 years.

• Sad
I had to say goodbye to my dog tonight. She was a rescue, and I had her for almost 9 years. She was 15 but pretty healthy apart from horrible neurological issues. It took her over and her life was getting miserable apart from enjoying eating. Today she told me it was time. I am broken! I will read everyone else's stories on here now because there is no way I can sleep on the bed where she usually is! 😭

• Heart
I had to say goodbye to my dog tonight. She was a rescue, and I had her for almost 9 years. She was 15 but pretty healthy apart from horrible neurological issues. It took her over and her life was getting miserable apart from enjoying eating. Today she told me it was time. I am broken! I will read everyone else's stories on here now because there is no way I can sleep on the bed where she usually is! 😭
I'm so sorry, I'm not very good with words, but everyone of us on here knows how you're feeling x

• Heart
You did the bravest and best thing for her, especially since she let you know. That's the most selfless thing we can do as animal owners is give them their final wish. I hope you're as okay as you can be 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry for your loss, I hope you’re getting better day by day?

I’m struggling with similar only it’s not neurological it’s very bad arthritis. He’s healthy in every respect other than walking. I don’t know how much longer we can continue 😞 he still has his zest for walks, still a hungry hog, he’s never been one for cuddles so no change there but l I don’t know what to do other than keep making accommodations and providing pain relief.

• Heart
My cat went out last night and hasn’t come home. We’ve had him for 7 years after we rescued him from an RSPCA home. He’s never been gone before but we think he’s taken himself over the rainbow bridge as he’s old, we think deaf and has been very unhappy. Vets appointment was Wednesday. Maybe he knew 😩😢😺

• Heart
  • Sad
My cat went out last night and hasn’t come home. We’ve had him for 7 years after we rescued him from an RSPCA home. He’s never been gone before but we think he’s taken himself over the rainbow bridge as he’s old, we think deaf and has been very unhappy. Vets appointment was Wednesday. Maybe he knew 😩😢😺
Oh I'm so sorry, he might come home, I really hope for your sakes he does, it's the not knowing where he's gone is hard, hugs to you x

• Heart
I’m sorry but he may well come back. If you live in a house, put his litter tray outside. I know friends who have done this and it’s been successful in helping the cat find it’s way home. I hope he comes back to you. Big hugs

So sorry to hear that. My old cat went missing years ago and I thought I’d never see him again. He always wore a collar with our contact details but he wasn’t microchipped in those days and nobody called. After a couple of days we rang the most local cats protection home which is about three miles away and someone had found him and handed him in but his collar was missing. No idea what had happened and no details of who found him and where. It may be worth a try.

So sorry to hear that. My old cat went missing years ago and I thought I’d never see him again. He always wore a collar with our contact details but he wasn’t microchipped in those days and nobody called. After a couple of days we rang the most local cats protection home which is about three miles away and someone had found him and handed him in but his collar was missing. No idea what had happened and no details of who found him and where. It may be worth a try.
Luckily he is microchipped and we found him. He’d got himself lost. So pleased you got yours back too xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m so sorry for your loss, I hope you’re getting better day by day?

I’m struggling with similar only it’s not neurological it’s very bad arthritis. He’s healthy in every respect other than walking. I don’t know how much longer we can continue 😞 he still has his zest for walks, still a hungry hog, he’s never been one for cuddles so no change there but l I don’t know what to do other than keep making accommodations and providing pain relief.
Thank you. It's been a tough ride. 🥺 I can sympathize that you are in a similar situation, and it's never going to be easy. Have you tried things like CBD and cold laser for pain? They helped her a lot. She ate her food with as much enthusiasm as a puppy on her last day. Didn't have any sight or hearing problems. It was truly heartbreaking.

• Heart