Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stop fixating on the fact they left their dead baby in the bushes and went off to buy fish and chips. What the duck does it take to be that desensitised to the death of your child? It's unfathomable.
I really hope they both get locked up for a long time but sentences for gross negligence manslaughter can be low. Kayleigh Titford's parents got 7.5 years (dad) and 6 years (mom who pleaded guilty)

• Sad
Reactions: 48
There has been rightly in my opinion a lot of criticism of the police in recent times. My heart goes out to the officers involved in this case.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
There has been rightly in my opinion a lot of criticism of the police in recent times. My heart goes out to the officers involved in this case.
The poor person that made the discovery, that’s something that will live with you forever.

• Sad
Reactions: 53
I agree. What an awful search to undertake. My heart goes out to whoever found them 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
So they've found remains, how terrible 😔
I don't think we'll find out exactly what has gone on here for a while yet.

Reactions: 8
I thought the same. I’m so sorry to the person who has made the discovery today.. that will never leave them

Reactions: 15
Didn't need to happen. Bad choices. Bad decisions. An inability to listen to professionals who had the the best intentions regarding the welfare of children involved with these very irresponsible people.
Sad. Senseless. Unnecessary suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just de-lurking to add something about “defending” people when it comes to the court case. In law this does not mean that the lawyer will be making excuses or trying to get them off. It’s a process which has to take place for the case to be heard. They will be prosecuted and they have a right in law to bring forward a defence. That’s how it works.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lock the bastards up and throw away the key. Absolutely heartbroken to hear this. What that baby must have gone through in its short life. How can this be better than a life with adoptive parents? How could they just discard their own tiny flesh and blood like it was nothing? Leave the poor thing out in the cold. I hope the burnt blanket isn't true because I would then be thinking they tried to cremate the poor baby. The baby didn't ask to come into this world. So so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I really somehow wanted to believe that constance was just so desperate to keep her baby that she went to extreme measures, now I just believe that for god knows what reason that peice of filth man she's with was her real priority...its sickening, she must have known that the baby needed medical attention, but chose the man and the baby paid for that choice, I'm absolutely raging and struggling to stay polite 🤬🤬🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just de-lurking to add something about “defending” people when it comes to the court case. In law this does not mean that the lawyer will be making excuses or trying to get them off. It’s a process which has to take place for the case to be heard. They will be prosecuted and they have a right in law to bring forward a defence. That’s how it works.
I think people often conflate things with the US justice system as we see that a lot more in media. The American system is wild and lawyers are permitted to do all kinds of things that aren't allowed here. Cases like Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson are jarring.
The UK system is a lot more procedural and it's highly unlikely either of them will get off scott free, even if they have big name lawyers. It's much more about mitigation.

Reactions: 15
Worse case scenario that baby was alive at the time of arrest and has died as a result of them not telling its location. I really hope that isn't the case.

Oh and I really don't wanna hear about her MH and how she wasn't in a good place or was being controlled.....they're disgusting, the British justice system has no punishment harsh enough, imo, to deal with these two.

Reactions: 41
Someone on twitter is saying this is why women with post natal depression don't speak up.. what the duck?!
I know everyone is speculating but how is concealing a pregnancy and giving birth in a car anything to do with PND? The clue is in the name... post birth
I think I've had enough Internet for today

Reactions: 29
Someone on twitter is saying this is why women with post natal depression don't speak up.. what the duck?!
I know everyone is speculating but how is concealing a pregnancy and giving birth in a car anything to do with PND? The clue is in the name... post birth
Toxic femininity. Women can’t do wrong in some people’s eyes, there’s always an excuse. In this case, the parents are both a pair of selfish scumbags (at best) who deserve to rot in prison

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Poor baby. I haven’t stopped thinking about this since I first heard about it and I’m devastated for the poor little soul. Just can’t wrap my head around any of it!

Reactions: 10
Yeah, absolute BOLLOCKS to that. As someone who had PND, I can assure you I definitely spoke up. My priority has always been to do everything I can to be the best mum I can possibly be for my wonderful little boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.