Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They didn't get baby any medical help.

Baby was likely poorly beforehand and they did nothing. Just threw baby away like they were trash.

I hope they never see the outside of a cell again

• Sad
Reactions: 24
We may hear some more details come out in the coming weeks. There'll be a lot to try and unravel here though if they continue not to answer questions 😕.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
It's just so selfish isn't it?

What makes their lives so important that they get to choose whether a baby that didn't even choose to be created lives or dies? At least hand the baby over to safety if you don't want to take care of them. It's just heartbreaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
It’s just hard to understand sometimes how a woman can go through an entire pregnancy and birth, and come out the other end with not enough empathy for baby for them to provide everything for them to be able to sustain life. There is a reason child mortality rates have improved as human science and medicine itself has improved. Obviously mental health problems exist and we don’t know the circumstances but it’s just so sad that NO ONE did anything. Someone should’ve been keeping a closer eye on them.

I hope Constance had a prick of conscience and spoke up to allow her child a proper burial. I also hope she didn’t have to go through the trauma of carry a dead baby around for a number of days before Mark made her leave them in the woods.

May you rest in peace little angel 🕊

Reactions: 12
Yeah, absolute BOLLOCKS to that. As someone who had PND, I can assure you I definitely spoke up. My priority has always been to do everything I can to be the best mum I can possibly be for my wonderful little boy.
It's such a stupid thing to say, and from a journalist. I see they have now deleted the tweet. As far as I am concerned there is absolutely no excuse for any of this. At the very least she should have told the police where to find the poor little love. Unbelievable selfishness.

Hope you're doing better now 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing that gets me about cases like this, is that in our world there's so many good people who are desperate to be parents and for whatever reason it doesn't happen for them. Then you've got evil scum like these two who can create and take away a life in an instant. That poor baby could have been so loved in the right home. It's utterly heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
We may hear some more details come out in the coming weeks. There'll be a lot to try and unravel here though if they continue not to answer questions 😕.
I think we'll hear more at trial even if they don't speak. Her lawyers will put forward a lot of mitigating factors if the coercive control theory is correct.

I think the dogs probably found the baby. I can't see these people telling police anything.
If they do have other children I hope they never find out about any of this, the trauma is lifelong.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
It's such a stupid thing to say, and from a journalist. I see they have now deleted the tweet. As far as I am concerned there is absolutely no excuse for any of this. At the very least she should have told the police where to find the poor little love. Unbelievable selfishness.

Hope you're doing better now 🩷
Loads better, thanks. CBT is great 👍🏻 ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not defending them. I’m absolutely not. I’m heartbroken that this is the outcome for the baby and I do believe it could and should have been avoided in some way.

But every single person saying they’re evil / they deserve what’s coming / they should be sterilised etc etc is making an assumption on what happened just as much as anyone else who might say what if she or he had psychosis or PTSD.

I wouldn’t want someone on my jury who can make a snap judgement on someone they don’t know and declare them evil just from a tiny bit of information.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I mean it doesn't happen much nowadays but years ago women who had baby's and knew they couldn't look after them used to leave them on doorsteps for someone to find. It used to happen alot. She could have done that easily and baby would have got medical care.

I think in that pic whre shes wearing the puffa zipped up holding something inside, its the baby's body. Think it has been dead for a while
---
I’m not defending them. I’m absolutely not. I’m heartbroken that this is the outcome for the baby and I do believe it could and should have been avoided in some way.

But every single person saying they’re evil / they deserve what’s coming / they should be sterilised etc etc is making an assumption on what happened just as much as anyone else who might say what if she or he had psychosis or PTSD.

I wouldn’t want someone on my jury who can make a snap judgement on someone they don’t know and declare them evil just from a tiny bit of information.
True it couldve been SIDS

• Sad
Reactions: 5
What I find totally unfathomable is that they had money and means to actually find somewhere to live and keep this baby safe and warm. They could have got accommodation somewhere, an remote airbnb or something. He’s fairly non-descript and could have got something without drawing attention to them. It makes no sense to camp when actually that would draw more attention if found

For a while I wondered if the reason she went and got cash out was to try and get caught but then that doesn’t explain why she’s not been talking.

I’ve been on her Facebook and Instagram. She seemed normal, fun, lots of friends (seemed close to her sister in law). While her parents don't seem to have been the best she had friendsand family. I don't buy this cult thing explaining away her behaviour.

She's chosen MG above everything else, literally everything including at least 1 child. As a woman/mum I just can’t make any sense of it.

That poor poor baby.

Reactions: 20
I mean it doesn't happen much nowadays but years ago women who had baby's and knew they couldn't look after them used to leave them on doorsteps for someone to find. It used to happen alot. She could have done that easily and baby would have got medical care.
She concealed her pregnancy and went into hiding when she started showing. She wouldn't have needed to drop the baby off anywhere, it was probably going to be removed at birth.
Why else would someone conceal a pregnancy? I've only known of that happening when previous children have been removed and it's likely to happen again.

Reactions: 10

Absolutely get what you’re saying. But IMO to actively prevent your child from getting the help and support they need as this pair did IS evil. Even if the baby passed from natural causes (which I doubt), the pair of them have shown themselves to be at best piss poor parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Evil. Pure evil. I hope they rot. There are so many people (myself included) who can’t have children and these two creatures had the most precious thing that life can give them

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She's chosen MG above everything else, literally everything including at least 1 child. As a woman/mum I just can’t make any sense of it.
Anyone that prioritises a man over their children doesn't deserve to be a mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.