Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m not defending them. Iā€™m absolutely not. Iā€™m heartbroken that this is the outcome for the baby and I do believe it could and should have been avoided in some way.

But every single person saying theyā€™re evil / they deserve whatā€™s coming / they should be sterilised etc etc is making an assumption on what happened just as much as anyone else who might say what if she or he had psychosis or PTSD.

I wouldnā€™t want someone on my jury who can make a snap judgement on someone they donā€™t know and declare them evil just from a tiny bit of information.
I would challenge the "tiny bit of information" comment. I think the evidence is damning and the police do too. They extended their condolences to the baby's "wider family". The parents are in custody.

I don't think there are any extenuating circumstances although I'm sure the MH card will be proffered as usual.

Reactions: 20
Iā€™m not defending them. Iā€™m absolutely not. Iā€™m heartbroken that this is the outcome for the baby and I do believe it could and should have been avoided in some way.

But every single person saying theyā€™re evil / they deserve whatā€™s coming / they should be sterilised etc etc is making an assumption on what happened just as much as anyone else who might say what if she or he had psychosis or PTSD.

I wouldnā€™t want someone on my jury who can make a snap judgement on someone they donā€™t know and declare them evil just from a tiny bit of information.
Couldn't agree more. Its a horrific news story but just like with the Nicola Bulley thread, people were coming up with all sorts of nonsense based on absolutely zero evidence. We only know a tiny fraction of the whole story that we are watching and reading in the news. The police will have to carry out a very indepth investigation and may never fully uncover the truth. Experts will need to be brought in to make assessment of mental health etc. I'm quite horrified at the level of "pitch fork and torches" mob mentally on here.

Rip the poor baby

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wanted to say that earlier but didnā€™t in fear of the usual apologists and do-gooders. There is NO excuse for this outcome.

RIP darling little angel šŸ‘¼šŸ¤
There is actually still people making excuses for them in comments on Facebook. Im like ā€œare you bleeping kidding meā€?

• Angry
Reactions: 11
True it couldve been SIDS
Yes, or a pre-existing condition, or a genetic condition which is known to authorities but not the general public.

Or maybe they are just two really crappy, selfish people who do deserve whatā€™s coming to them.

We donā€™t know.

All we know is that a baby has died.
And a mother is grieving. Again. After losing older children, she has now lost a baby. A baby she tried desperately - rightly or wrongly - to keep in her care. Something went wrong and she wasnā€™t able to keep that baby safe.

Maybe she is an awful person. I donā€™t know. But I am a mother and I canā€™t imagine her pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yes, or a pre-existing condition, or a genetic condition which is known to authorities but not the general public.

Or maybe they are just two really crappy, selfish people who do deserve whatā€™s coming to them.

We donā€™t know.

And a mother is grieving. Again. After losing older children, she has now lost a baby. A baby she tried desperately - rightly or wrongly - to keep in her care. Something went wrong and she wasnā€™t able to keep that baby safe.

Maybe she is an awful person. I donā€™t know. But I am a mother and I canā€™t imagine her pain.
Or she couldn't care less and discarded the baby like a piece of trash?

Reactions: 24

We donā€™t know.

I may come across as an evil witch but I actually couldnā€™t give a flying duck about what pain she is it isnā€™t in. She wasnā€™t able to keep that baby safe from the minute she made the decision to go on the run with her partner. She also wasnā€™t able to keep the other 3 children she had taken off her safe either, so you would think that at some point she would have gotten a clue as to her completely inability to competently care for her children. No. She has no sympathy from me. I reserve it all for her innocent little baby and her other children.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think the dogs probably found the baby. I can't see these people telling police anything.
If they do have other children I hope they never find out about any of this, the trauma is lifelong.
Unfortunately they likely will have to at some point, even if the poor baby isn't directly mentioned the mother's name is so unique a quick Google when they're old enough will pull all of this up.

I hope whoever handles their life story book and future work is well experienced and when this eventually comes to their awareness they can process it as supported as they can be.

Thinking of that poor baby tonight and all involved, the Police Officers, extended family and the allocated SW for the baby prebirth must all be devastated.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I would challenge the "tiny bit of information" comment. I think the evidence is damning and the police do too. They extended their condolences to the baby's "wider family". The parents are in custody.

I don't think there are any extenuating circumstances although I'm sure the MH card will be proffered as usual.
Ah yes I see what youā€™re saying. What I meant was tiny bit of information about their relationship / history / older children - the reason behind all of this happening.
There is so much speculation around it but no actual facts in the public domain.

Reactions: 5
Or she couldn't care less and discarded the baby like a piece of trash?
But you donā€™t know that. Itā€™s all assumed!

I donā€™t know she didnā€™t. Iā€™m not saying she didnā€™t.

All I was saying was - everyone is jumping very quickly to conclusions (understandably!) but also being massively dismissive of any other opinions - when actually no one knows anything more than anyone else!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

All I was saying was - everyone is jumping very quickly to conclusions (understandably!) but also being massively dismissive of any other opinions - when actually no one knows anything more than anyone else!
The baby was found outside and she didn't tell the police anything to help them find it. What more do we need? She did discard it like a piece of trash.

• Sad
Reactions: 26

The police do as that's why they remain in custody. I'm sorry..I have zero sympathy for this couple's cruel and callous decisions and behaviours. There are no excuses in my opinion. None at all.

Reactions: 18
Aww, this is so triggering for (normal) people as your natural instinct is to protect. We don't know the full story yet although it's horrifying at first glance

Reactions: 13
poor baby. She is so obsessed with him she couldnā€™t give a crap about her baby. when this story first broke a lot of people just sssumed she was a mother in desperate need of keeping her baby herself etc and not social services care but in reality she was a selfish woman who only cared about staying with her rapist partner not a second thought for her babies well-being.

Reactions: 12
These people denied this poor child medical attention which police hinted was not just standard attention, the baby is now dead. That's not an assumption. Their actions ultimately resulted in the death of their child which they have to take responsibility for. They put themselves before their baby in some misguided attempt at raising it without interference. I don't know the circumstances but those are the facts we do know.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.