Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How awful, poor little baby šŸ’” I have a feeling the baby sadly passed away prior to the arrests. It doesn't make sense that she would go to all this trouble to conceal the baby because she was affaid ss would take her away, to then leave her alone to go to the shop. The police say the baby was found close to where they were staying, not exactly where they were staying, so I think the baby has passed away and they've buried her. My mind wont allow me to think theres a possibility they've left their baby alive and alone in the cold to starve because I just can't bare to think about that. Regardless of MH neither of them are gonna get away without serving some time for this and rightly bloody so.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Iā€™m not defending them. Iā€™m absolutely not. Iā€™m heartbroken that this is the outcome for the baby and I do believe it could and should have been avoided in some way.

But every single person saying theyā€™re evil / they deserve whatā€™s coming / they should be sterilised etc etc is making an assumption on what happened just as much as anyone else who might say what if she or he had psychosis or PTSD.

I wouldnā€™t want someone on my jury who can make a snap judgement on someone they donā€™t know and declare them evil just from a tiny bit of information.
Agreed and she may in fact have been terrified of him, with good reason.

Reactions: 8
The police do as that's why they remain in custody. I'm sorry..I have zero sympathy for this couple's cruel and callous decisions and behaviours. There are no excuses in my opinion. None at all.
Agree. Its bad enough they've had so much police resource trying to find them for weeks, but when the baby died why not go to a hospital or police station? Even if you're desperate how do you leave your dead baby in the woods?

And then when you're being questioned about the baby how do you not just breakdown and tell the police everything.

There's being mentally ill and there's being plain cruel to leave the body and then leave 100's of people searching in the cold. It's evil.

Reactions: 19
But
But you donā€™t know that. Itā€™s all assumed!

I donā€™t know she didnā€™t. Iā€™m not saying she didnā€™t.

All I was saying was - everyone is jumping very quickly to conclusions (understandably!) but also being massively dismissive of any other opinions - when actually no one knows anything more than anyone else!
but there is a reason why she had her other kids taken off her. Thereā€™s a reason the police were looking for them and look whatā€™s happened and how it happened. Iā€™m in two minds as he was controlling her or she couldnā€™t be without him but one thing is she didnā€™t put her babyā€™s well being first. Sleeping rough outside in a tent !? Unimaginable.
That poor baby suffered at the hands of her parents. Iā€™m not accusing them of murdering their baby but they didnā€™t protect her either.

Reactions: 27
A heartbreaking outcome
Read lots of comments yesterday slamming the Police for arresting them with no body but evidence obviously suggested something grave had happened to warrant the arrest. Mark Bridger was arrested with no body in the April Jones case so I had a gut feeling there was more than met the eye
Just so sad for that tiny defenceless baby & pray it didnā€™t suffer

Reactions: 17
I mean it doesn't happen much nowadays but years ago women who had baby's and knew they couldn't look after them used to leave them on doorsteps for someone to find. It used to happen alot. She could have done that easily and baby would have got medical care.
I agree she absolutely should have done this but we donā€™t know how frightened of Mark she was/is

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m really struggling with this because in a way, I instinctively want to have empathy towards her, as someone else has said she has already lost children and made the decision to run and conceal this baby. But, I just canā€™t get my head around her not disclosing where baby was. I know I canā€™t say for sure what I would do in this situation, but if I was being arrested I would want my baby with me, or safe at least - alive or not. Just canā€™t get my head around it šŸ’”

Reactions: 9
I just don't understand why she would kill her own baby if she was so desperate to keep her, she went on the run? Do you think the baby died from neglect? A medical condition? Or did s/he actually kill her? This is so so sad. RIP baby girl šŸ¤

Reactions: 3
Agree. Its bad enough they've had so much police resource trying to find them for weeks, but when the baby died why not go to a hospital or police station? Even if you're desperate how do you leave your dead baby in the woods?

And then when you're being questioned about the baby not just breakdown and tell the police everything.

There's being mentally ill and there's being plain cruel to leave the body and then leave 100's of people searching in the cold. It's evil.
Exactly. If she told the police what happened they could have helped her ? If she needed to get away from him they could have helped. Iā€™m not saying women always find it easy or if all to speak up in DV but leaving your babyā€™s body in the woods is awful.

Reactions: 6
I would challenge the "tiny bit of information" comment. I think the evidence is damning and the police do too. They extended their condolences to the baby's "wider family". The parents are in custody.

I don't think there are any extenuating circumstances although I'm sure the MH card will be proffered as usual.
Also too add, if they were in the jury at a trial, they wouldn't just have a tiny bit of information. They'd have everything submitted by police as evidence. So a jury verdict is something completely different to this, and I hope that in time, based on the collected evidence, a fair judgement is passed.

I just don't understand why she would kill her own baby if she was so desperate to keep her, she went on the run? Do you think the baby died from neglect? A medical condition? Or did s/he actually kill her? This is so so sad. RIP baby girl šŸ¤
I think we are all hoping the baby passed from natural causes rather than any harm coming to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We donā€™t know how the baby died. All we know is they are being charged with man slaughter so far. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll find out in the next few days

• Heart
Are we having a new thread for this or is it going to be locked?
I'm inclined to agree it should be locked until the trial. Although I have to say I think most people have been rational and reasonable and I haven't seen much wild speculation

Reactions: 9
Iā€™d guess a medical condition or possibly neglect rather than anything deliberate

My baby girl is a few weeks old and whilst she doesnā€™t leave my side anyway, I just canā€™t stop squeezing her so tight tonight.

Those evil cunts need torturing and burning alive. I canā€™t fathom how there is such a level of evil in this world. Their lives wonā€™t be worth living in prison. Thereā€™s no newborn killer club inside to join. Not even the majorly fuckerds can get on that level.

Sleep tight little one šŸ’”šŸ¤šŸ’”šŸ¤

• Heart
  • Sad
As someone who had a baby last year you forget how relentless those first few weeks are. Nappy after nappy, feed after feed..how on earth they could have done this while camping I donā€™t know.

Whatever the ultimate cause of death is, itā€™s purely down to their selfishness and negligence. She would rather see the baby dead than see it in a contact centre once a week while fighting social services? Crazy.

Reactions: 25
Exactly. If she told the police what happened they could have helped her ? If she needed to get away from him they could have helped. Iā€™m not saying women always find it easy or if all to speak up in DV but leaving your babyā€™s body in the woods is awful.
she might have buried it. tbf where else would you leave the body that's better if you're on the run? in a river? in a town centre? the woods seems logical in that crazy mindset

Reactions: 3
As someone who had a baby last year you forget how relentless those first few weeks are. Nappy after nappy, feed after feed..how on earth they could have done this while camping I donā€™t
I think this is what Iā€™m struggling with - I remember those first few weeks they are so hard. I keep thinking about how she must have been feeling and how she must surely be devastated by whatā€™s happened?? I just donā€™t know šŸ˜ž

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.