Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would think her best defence would be to blame it all on him.
She’s infatuated with him though, unless something’s changed since they were last in court together
---
Why are the court proceedings so bitty?! They seem to say one thing and then have a break every 5 minutes.
They’re in out in out more than the Hokey Cokey

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Hi, new to posting on the thread, I've read all the previous threads, I've followed the case since last year.
I read the details last night from yesterday in shock. The details about the Lidl bag is heartbreaking.
I think Constance is a very troubled and easily led individual. I don't think she ever intended any harm to come to any of her babies but is completely deluded and out of touch with reality.

Reactions: 18
Hi, new to posting on the thread, I've read all the previous threads, I've followed the case since last year.
I read the details last night from yesterday in shock. The details about the Lidl bag is heartbreaking.
I think Constance is a very troubled and easily led individual. I don't think she ever intended any harm to come to any of her babies but is completely deluded and out of touch with reality.
Yes I think there may be some cognitive issues with her like she was a student in her late 20s and then met him and disappeared. What was she doing up until that point of her life…

Reactions: 7
Just reading about Mr Hudson who briefly met the baby when he helped with the car fire. He said he had been so cut up the past year wishing he had stayed longer because then the baby would still be alive. Surely this is the normal human response to the baby's death to feel sadness and regret. It wasn't his fault that she died but the parents don't appear to blame themselves at all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Yes I think there may be some cognitive issues with her like she was a student in her late 20s and then met him and disappeared. What was she doing up until that point of her life…
The cult thing is very fitting with the easily led thing too.
Are all of the children his? if so she's been with him a fair few years.
She's been a crappy parent, no disputing that but why is she inclined to follow someone and allow this to keep happening?
---
How long did she honestly think she could stay on the run for, till Victoria was 2/3/4, forever?
I think there is something going on that means she doesn't think logically or sensibly.

Reactions: 14
Or she’s just sociopathic
It’s not just a one off with one child. It’s repeated attempts to have children and get one over on the authorities . No consideration of engaging with services in the first place and a total inability to think well actually maybe if I lose the relationship I could be supported to have children. I could be supported by family and social services . Someone with previous kids removed would know full well the heartache of not doing so resulting in another child being removed. Unless of course they are just incapable of feeling it

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Or she’s just sociopathic
It’s not just a one off with one child. It’s repeated attempts to have children and get one over on the authorities . No consideration of engaging with services in the first place and a total inability to think well actually maybe if I lose the relationship I could be supported to have children. I could be supported by family and social services . Someone with previous kids removed would know full well the heartache of not doing so resulting in another child being removed. Unless of course they are just incapable of feeling it
I honestly don't think it's that straightforward as her being a sociopath. It's not that uncommon for social services to see women who have had children removed repeatedly get pregnant and have subsequent children removed at birth. They simply cannot get their heads round it. They do not seem to have the ability to change or comprehend why it happens, they just blame social services.

Reactions: 21
Marva from the protecting children programme now lives in Nottingham and had 5 children with guy from show and 1 more in 2015 (I think) who was also taken. She is on FB and has pictures of few of her boys who she said hopes they find her when they’re 18.

Reactions: 8
Witnesses seeing the baby alive will be significant, as if the baby had been still born that wouldn't be manslaughter. Not sure how they are going to be found innocent of concealing a death of a child, unless they blame each other.

Reactions: 8
Marva from the protecting children programme now lives in Nottingham and had 5 children with guy from show and 1 more in 2015 (I think) who was also taken. She is on FB and has pictures of few of her boys who she said hopes they find her when they’re 18.
Thank you for updating , I had a Quick Look online to see but couldn’t find anything.

Reactions: 2
Witnesses seeing the baby alive will be significant, as if the baby had been still born that wouldn't be manslaughter. Not sure how they are going to be found innocent of concealing a death of a child, unless they blame each other.
I think all the charges except causing or allowing the death of a child are pretty straightforward. Causing or allowing the death of a child might be harder to prove as the baby's cause of death couldn't be determined.

Reactions: 6
I honestly don't think it's that straightforward as her being a sociopath. It's not that uncommon for social services to see women who have had children removed repeatedly get pregnant and have subsequent children removed at birth. They simply cannot get their heads round it. They do not seem to have the ability to change or comprehend why it happens, they just blame social services.
No it isn’t but in most of those cases there is genuine remorse and a sense of loss of the children. There appears to be very little remorse or accountability in this case and that’s a key difference
---
I have worked on forensics for long enough now to know the difference between a person with difficulties prioritising a child’s needs and someone with zero empathy and care for their kids
---
I think all the charges except causing or allowing the death of a child are pretty straightforward. Causing or allowing the death of a child might be harder to prove as the baby's cause of death couldn't be determined.
Causing or allowing the death of a child they have several strands they could follow a) previous history of removing children from an unsafe and neglectful environment yet putting a newborn baby back into that very environment (baby that was found living in a tent with them)
B) lack of antenal care or engagement with services which showed a commitment to meeting the child’s needs whether that was a care order or pre birth child protection proceedings c) lack of seeking medication if indeed the baby did get unwell/stop breathing

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone who more about CM other than she comes from an aristocratic family. Does she have learning difficulties?

Reactions: 6
I think they were carrying baby Victoria around in the Lidl bag. They knew the police were looking for them and they were all over the media. Hence why they dumped the buggy. The Lidl bag would have been less conspicuous. I don’t think baby Victoria would have been in good health and probably wasn’t squirming or crying like a newborn. I imagine she was probably quite floppy and whimpering if anything. Witnesses observed she was just wearing a babygrow. No hat, sock or mittens, she didn’t stand a chance. They had money to pay for the taxis so why not buy her a coat and blankets? Honestly this pair of scumbags. Can you imagine the difference in reporting if she wasn’t an aristo and she was off a council estate? I hope they both go to prison for a very long time but will likely be a few years if that. Selfish pair of bastards.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
My friend used to work within social services where she lived. Her job was to get the mum to realise that they needed to put the baby first and not themselves. Some mums worked hard and could keep the baby. But she said quite a few just kept having babies and getting referred to her and said I’ll keep having babies until I can keep one. She was on her 12th baby when my friend left. She said they don’t comprehend how much work they need to do to be able to keep baby so in their heads they keep having them. My friend didn’t return after having her own baby as she said she couldn’t do the job any more now she was a mum herself.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Yes I agree. GNM will be difficult to prove.

I think they’ll get 8 years max sentence for causing or allowing death, with the others running concurrently (this is a best guess based on what I’ve looked at for the causing or allowing death offence) Concealing birth is max 2 years.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone who more about CM other than she comes from an aristocratic family. Does she have learning difficulties?
She doesn’t seem to, she was a drama student and then working, but friends say she was changed by trauma when she left the cult.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.