Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the fact it’s gross negligence manslaughter gives a bigger scope. I’m sure @Dogmuck explained this better before, but the jury need to believe beyond reasonable doubt that the death could have been avoid but for the gross negligence of the parents. So if there’s a link to the weather being cold, if there’s any indication that she was unwell and needed medical attention, that’s where the gross negligence comes in.

(@Dogmuck have I got that right?)

ETA here’s the post https://tattle.life/threads/constance-marten-and-mark-gordon-case-3.37838/post-18075481
The poor baby was put at risk at every step. First her birth was unattended so there was no medical support available, then she was taken on a long motorway journey held under her mother's coat if the taxi driver had slammed on his brakes she would have died horribly, she was at risk of hypothermia and there was a high risk of suffocation from being concealed in the bag or coat. Unfortunately it wasn't a surprise that she didn't survive and if she had become ill she would probably have been denied medical treatment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The total crime Twitter guy isn’t in court today, he’s at another one

This is interesting - if she did it with the older children’s placentas it should be recorded somewhere that she kept them rather than them being disposed of by the hospital.

IMG_6859.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Did anyone else read that another child of theirs was taken away as they were discovered covered in rubbish and bags of urine? Completely disgusting!
I've not read this. The little baby was covered in rubbish when she was found, are you maybe thinking of that?

Reactions: 7
The standard have an article that has more details of her past & mentions previously living in a festival tent, that smelt stale & had bottles of urine at the entrance of the tent. Also says she changed her name to Isabelle obrien & she put on an Irish accent whilst in hospital after giving birth and pretended to part of traveller community.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Mr Little "Let me make this clear - we do not accept that what the Second defendant [Marten] said about the cause of death."

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is that definitely true though? (about her not being able to keep the children if she was in a relationship with him). Just wondering as I know of a convicted violent rapist who has lived with several women with young children since he was released (they were aware of his background, but from what I know took the it was an error of judgment/ he was young/ he's a different person now approach :(). So I'm not sure that is an absolute that the children would be taken away for that reason alone?

I wonder also why they were living in a tent back in 2017, why not a caravan or motorhome which would still have given them an off grid lifestyle? Surely she had the money to afford this, and if living in either of the latter the authorities would not have been able to say that the living conditions were unsafe, as there are many people who live permanently in those type of homes.

It feels like there were multiple issues here, possibly also drug and/or alcohol abuse, almost certainly mental illness, and I'm not sure we'll ever get the full picture, but it is very sad for their children, particularly of course baby Victoria who never stood a chance.
If there isn’t any involvement with SS for other reasons, then it wouldn’t flag who you’d taken as your latest partner (the example you’ve given) but as soon as she was flagged at at risk or whatever the term, for sleeping rough when she gave birth, they obviously looked further into her “home” life & there is no way a sex offender would be permitted as safe around even his own children & interventions would be made on that basis alone, let alone all the other red flags. An ex colleague had to take custody of her grandchildren because her daughter would leave her physically abusive partner so SS were taking them into care. Some women shouldn’t be allowed to breed, all vile examples

Reactions: 7
If they truly wanted an autopsy performed on Baby Victoria to determine the cause of death, why didn't they go straight away as soon as they realised she had died?

By leaving her where they did, for as long as they did, it prevented any chance of a proper cause of death to be determined.

This whole case breaks my heart, Baby Victoria should have been nothing but warm, fed, secure and loved. Lots of people out there would give so much to have the opportunity for a baby like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I didn't realise this trial had started! Just caught up... This is an absolute piss take. I know the defence have a job to do but "warm and dry" living rough in January... Are they having a laugh?!

12:12pm

He continues: "The baby was kept warm and dry and was fed such as she was well nourished.
"The baby didn't require medical assistance and died in the circumstances so heartbreakingly described her mother in her interview with the police."

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been following this thread but first time commenting. There can't be a defence, it's just so awful. I can't see what defence can saybto make a jury think they're innocent

Reactions: 14
They are onto prosecution evidence now. Is there no defence lawyer for CM?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.