Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their actions and the thought that went into evading the police for that long as well as the story with the previous child that she was an Irish traveller shows the exact opposite of a learning difficulty. It shows the ability to manipulate and strategise
I wonder whether the head teacher at her private girls' school has been approached for information as to her behaviour at school?

Reactions: 6
Do people think they are addicts? It seems to be the only (not acceptable in any way) explanation?
If learning disabilities ( on her side) and mental Illness have been ruled out ( I'd guess she would have been assessed by Drs) it could be a logical explanation yes.
Chaotic lifestyle, living in squalor, paranoia, refusal to engage with authorities to stop children being taken into care repeatedly, inability to care for children effectively then addiction could be a explanation yes

Reactions: 8
Wow, a lot of money coming in. What were they spending it on? Drugs??

'On the second day of their trial at the Old Bailey, the jury heard that on 22 December 2022, Ms Marten received a payment into her Metrobank account of £15,590 from a family trust fund.'

'On January 3 2023, another payment was received from a different trust, this time for £3,400.'

Link without paywall

---
Do people think they are addicts? It seems to be the only (not acceptable in any way) explanation?
I think if they’d been dependent on drugs when arrested, that would be used as defence to show they were reckless.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow, a lot of money coming in. What were they spending it on? Drugs??

'On the second day of their trial at the Old Bailey, the jury heard that on 22 December 2022, Ms Marten received a payment into her Metrobank account of £15,590 from a family trust fund.'

'On January 3 2023, another payment was received from a different trust, this time for £3,400.'

This is crazy because why not have had nannies to take care if the kids the entire time before social services even got involved

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Complete speculation comment:

I’ve often wondered this too. But don’t think they’d have been capable of being “on the run” for so long if they were, either as they’d have periods of incapacity/mania or from being dobbed in by fellow users or their dealers for the cash bounty.

Speaking of which - does anyone else feel angry at the dad’s crappy £10k offering for info on their location? That would be sweet fa to him, a weekend away if that, if he’d had upped the money they’d have had people out looking in these areas!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Complete speculation comment:

I’ve often wondered this too. But don’t think they’d have been capable of being “on the run” for so long if they were, either as they’d have periods of incapacity/mania or from being dobbed in by fellow users or their dealers for the cash bounty.

Speaking of which - does anyone else feel angry at the dad’s crappy £10k offering for info on their location? That would be sweet fa to him, a weekend away if that, if he’d had upped the money they’d have had people out looking in these areas!
It wasn’t even her dad, it was the police offering the reward!
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...find-missing-couple-and-baby-constance-marten

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Because at the point they were carrying her around (January the 9th) she was dead
I think there is some truth to her saying she had Victoria in her coat and must have fallen asleep smothering her. I think the baby was smothered (unintentionally) inside the coat whilst they were making the way around the country.
---
I wonder whether the head teacher at her private girls' school has been approached for information as to her behaviour at school?
Is it relevant? It was almost 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think there is some truth to her saying she had Victoria in her coat and must have fallen asleep in her. I think the baby was smothered (unintentionally) inside the coat whilst they were making the way around the country.
---

To address the learning difficulties angle or any episodes of paranoia as a teenager?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It wasn’t even her dad, it was the police offering the reward!
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...find-missing-couple-and-baby-constance-marten
Thank you for this source & sorry for sharing misinformation (you’re doing a fab job admin-ing these threads btw) - this makes me even more fewmin 😂 something seriously wrong with her parents to have such means and not even try to find that baby, even if they hated the pair of them it wasn’t about getting them home safely was it! And why the duck that trust was paying her after 4 kids taken off her 🤯

• Heart
To address the learning difficulties angle or any episodes of paranoia as a teenager?
I don’t think she had learning difficulties. She seems pretty articulate to me, unless you mean something specific. I don’t agree with paranoia either, I just think she believed in an alternative lifestyle.
---
Thank you for this source & sorry for sharing misinformation (you’re doing a fab job admin-ing these threads btw) - this makes me even more fewmin 😂 something seriously wrong with her parents to have such means and not even try to find that baby, even if they hated the pair of them it wasn’t about getting them home safely was it! And why the duck that trust was paying her after 4 kids taken off her 🤯
I’m more interested in learning why they didn’t step in, in regards to the children.

As the trust wouldn’t pay her solicitors, I suspect that it took a while to arrange for payments to stop.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone been to the Old Bailey before to watch a trial? I am pretty close and have quite a lot of free time on my hands these days. I am considering going down to watch if it’s easy enough to get in? I am aware the gallery was almost full today though..

Reactions: 12
Agree. I don’t think learning difficulties either. I am shocked that 4 children were already removed. I’ve known of people who have had kids taken away from them and like another member has said they repeatedly have more and often get taken away unless it was a new father or something.

Perhaps the family could’ve cut the money off then they couldn’t have ran like that, wouldn’t have had the means with taxis etc. perhaps a different ending. They were on the run for a while.

They do strike me as drug addicts. The mugshots look like they’re on drugs. However I do believe the story of the baby being smothered. They seem to hold some intelligence to have the ability to travel around the country undetected for weeks.

Reactions: 13
I think Constance is very intelligent just maybe not emotionally. She is blinded by her love for Gordan. Thing is for these mega mega rich people they very rarely have to face consequences for their actions, they can sail through life trashing properties and moving, writing off cars, very often placing little value on material possession because they have the money to replace them. Maybe Constance living off the grid was her only way to feel truly in control, despite still accepting the trust fund money, I guess they could pay for meals out/takeaways and for whatever reason, they didn’t care about living in a damp tent. I wonder whether she was largely raised by Nannie’s/help and lacked the basic parental love and that’s why she seems to have struggled to provide for her own kids. Quite telling that the family haven’t taken custody of the other children especially if they don’t have contact with her because it would be easy for them to prove they could provide for the kids and keep them away from their parents. They also have the means to pay for top lawyers.
The whole thing has so many unanswered questions but ultimately I feel for that baby girl and I hope she gets the justice she deserves

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I do think there are drug addiction issues. I just can’t fathom how else they constantly lived in squalor despite all the money Constance will have been receiving all these years.
It’s also the only way I can make any sense of their neglect / decisions about their other children and about Victoria.

Such utterly deplorable and irrational behaviour, that resulted in the death of a very innocent baby.

However, I get that the prosecution would probably have used this if it was truly the case, but in my head there has to be substance use that has lead them to this

Reactions: 15
Would they have had blood tests done when arrested for toxicology evidence re possible drugs influence?

Reactions: 2
I think Constance is very intelligent just maybe not emotionally. She is blinded by her love for Gordan. Thing is for these mega mega rich people they very rarely have to face consequences for their actions, they can sail through life trashing properties and moving, writing off cars, very often placing little value on material possession because they have the money to replace them. Maybe Constance living off the grid was her only way to feel truly in control, despite still accepting the trust fund money, I guess they could pay for meals out/takeaways and for whatever reason, they didn’t care about living in a damp tent. I wonder whether she was largely raised by Nannie’s/help and lacked the basic parental love and that’s why she seems to have struggled to provide for her own kids. Quite telling that the family haven’t taken custody of the other children especially if they don’t have contact with her because it would be easy for them to prove they could provide for the kids and keep them away from their parents. They also have the means to pay for top lawyers.
The whole thing has so many unanswered questions but ultimately I feel for that baby girl and I hope she gets the justice she deserves
You’d be surprised how many friends and family who are put forward either then tell the social worker they don’t want to go through with the assessment. Or don’t pass the assessment. It’s not enough to just be a connected person, they have to pass to the same level as a foster carer would because they’d be caring and being paid to care for the child on behalf of the local authority

Reactions: 12
I watched that again this afternoon due to following this case. Tell me she's not still with Shawn, please!
No she left Shawn and Bristol to make a fresh start. Had another baby boy who was unfortunately taken away at birth and seems to of found a group of friends and right support now. No more children luckily but 6 kids all in care is already 6 too many. Her name is Marva Finn if you wanted a nosey 🫢

Reactions: 6
I think there is some truth to her saying she had Victoria in her coat and must have fallen asleep smothering her. I think the baby was smothered (unintentionally) inside the coat whilst they were making the way around the country.
---

Having seen a video of the car fire on twitter was there not a concern that Victoria may have breathed in smoke which could have damaged her lungs and played apart in her death? She appears to have been taken from a fire to a 270 mile taxi ride inside her mother's coat! I think she probably was at permanent risk of being smothered as her parents were so determined to conceal her.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Mmm yeah, a kind of rebellion against the "system" refusing to conform with SS, rebelling against her family by choosing a convicted rapist as a partner.
The lack of maturity and emotional intelligence makes sense, she thinks she can stick 2 fingers up at her family and society but still in a trust fund bubble.

Reactions: 14
I do believe drugs are involved. It must be so easy for a trust fund baby, who’s never had to work (or even bother much with education with a view to a career) to fall into a life of hedonism and aimlessness.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.