Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think I’ve commented before but been following the case since they went missing and checking in on these threads coming up to the trial. I’ve been reading on the Argus but it doesn’t seem to have much detail. Is there anywhere/anyone else doing live updates someone could recommend?
Surely they must get convicted of causing or allowing baby Victoria’s death even if they don’t get GNM? They kept her in totally unsafe conditions which they had previously been warned about and had that child removed. They didn’t have to have another child or even keep her with them, they knew the risks and could have left her in a place of safety if they were hellbent on subsisting like a couple of tramps.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think I’ve commented before but been following the case since they went missing and checking in on these threads coming up to the trial. I’ve been reading on the Argus but it doesn’t seem to have much detail. Is there anywhere/anyone else doing live updates someone could recommend?
Surely they must get convicted of causing or allowing baby Victoria’s death even if they don’t get GNM? They kept her in totally unsafe conditions which they had previously been warned about and had that child removed. They didn’t have to have another child or even keep her with them, they knew the risks and could have left her in a place of safety if they were hellbent on subsisting like a couple of tramps.
There’s a Twitter account in the first post of the thread, but they weren’t reporting on this today.

https://x.com/fraser_knight?s=21&t=v_C8Mf-U-mWMVL5828bgHA - he has though and seems good

Reactions: 3
I honestly don't think it's that straightforward as her being a sociopath. It's not that uncommon for social services to see women who have had children removed repeatedly get pregnant and have subsequent children removed at birth. They simply cannot get their heads round it. They do not seem to have the ability to change or comprehend why it happens, they just blame social services.
Ive seen it myself when I worked briefly in a similar team. They often think SS will somehow give in and let them keep this one so they get pregnant within months of the baby being removed. Its a really sad cycle

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She doesn’t seem to, she was a drama student and then working, but friends say she was changed by trauma when she left the cult.
Do we know how she was recruited to this cult?

Why was the post mortem inconclusive? Had too much time elapsed since Victoria died?

Reactions: 2
Do we know how she was recruited to this cult?
I don’t know. There’s a lot of info in this though -

---
She went there as a journalist for Al Jazeera to do an inside story- and got sucked in
Ohh that makes sense. I thought she wanted to do the story afterwards.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I think the way her dad’s plea for her to come forward (when she was on the run) signalled to me that there may be something like that!
Their actions and the thought that went into evading the police for that long as well as the story with the previous child that she was an Irish traveller shows the exact opposite of a learning difficulty. It shows the ability to manipulate and strategise

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think the way her dad’s plea for her to come forward (when she was on the run) signalled to me that there may be something like that!
I think paranoia etc runs in the family, they’ve said her Dad has struggled with mental health issues.

I honestly think it’s just two very mentally ill people finding each other. It doesn’t strike me as MG completely controlling CM and taking advantage of her, it just seems like unfortunately two people with paranoia and delusions have found each other and they’ve spiralled together in the worst possible way, folie a deux style.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Marva from the protecting children programme now lives in Nottingham and had 5 children with guy from show and 1 more in 2015 (I think) who was also taken. She is on FB and has pictures of few of her boys who she said hopes they find her when they’re 18.
I watched that again this afternoon due to following this case. Tell me she's not still with Shawn, please!

Reactions: 4
I think they were carrying baby Victoria around in the Lidl bag. They knew the police were looking for them and they were all over the media. Hence why they dumped the buggy. The Lidl bag would have been less conspicuous. I don’t think baby Victoria would have been in good health and probably wasn’t squirming or crying like a newborn. I imagine she was probably quite floppy and whimpering if anything. Witnesses observed she was just wearing a babygrow. No hat, sock or mittens, she didn’t stand a chance. They had money to pay for the taxis so why not buy her a coat and blankets? Honestly this pair of scumbags. Can you imagine the difference in reporting if she wasn’t an aristo and she was off a council estate? I hope they both go to prison for a very long time but will likely be a few years if that. Selfish pair of bastards.
It’s just so sad. Victoria would have been teeny so either of them could have easily popped her in a sling and stuck a big coat on to hide her, and kept her warm. Why on earth would you carry a newborn around in a shopping bag 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It doesn’t strike me as MG completely controlling CM and taking advantage of her
I was in camp coercive control to begin with, but I’ve begun to wonder if she was actually the driving force of the two, with her money being a big draw for him and a reason to stay with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s just so sad. Victoria would have been teeny so either of them could have easily popped her in a sling and stuck a big coat on to hide her, and kept her warm. Why on earth would you carry a newborn around in a shopping bag 😔
Because at the point they were carrying her around (January the 9th) she was dead

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think they were carrying baby Victoria around in the Lidl bag. They knew the police were looking for them and they were all over the media. Hence why they dumped the buggy. The Lidl bag would have been less conspicuous. I don’t think baby Victoria would have been in good health and probably wasn’t squirming or crying like a newborn. I imagine she was probably quite floppy and whimpering if anything. Witnesses observed she was just wearing a babygrow. No hat, sock or mittens, she didn’t stand a chance. They had money to pay for the taxis so why not buy her a coat and blankets? Honestly this pair of scumbags. Can you imagine the difference in reporting if she wasn’t an aristo and she was off a council estate? I hope they both go to prison for a very long time but will likely be a few years if that. Selfish pair of bastards.

Have to agree that not all babies would scream or be especially wriggly, particularly of that baby is already suffering and probably quite poorly. My little boy was poorly and he didn't have a normal baby cry until he had started to recover a few weeks later. He barely whimpered.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
If I'm really honest, I actually believe that they didn't truly love Baby Victoria or their previous children.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but no loving parent would do what they did to their children. It's absolutely neglect. They kept their children outdoors in tents, in freezing cold weather in Baby Victoria's case, in dirty conditions (bottles of urine and rubbish), they even left one in hospital. It's not like they were in dire straights trying to get by or going through rough times.

They made all these choices. And from what the prosecution have detailed so far, they had preplanned how to ensure Baby Victoria would never be known or found. It was only chance that the placenta was found, which I think was because they panicked at the fire.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Wow, a lot of money coming in. What were they spending it on? Drugs??

'On the second day of their trial at the Old Bailey, the jury heard that on 22 December 2022, Ms Marten received a payment into her Metrobank account of £15,590 from a family trust fund.'

'On January 3 2023, another payment was received from a different trust, this time for £3,400.'

• Wow
Reactions: 22
If I'm really honest, I actually believe that they didn't truly love Baby Victoria or their previous children.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but no loving parent would do what they did to their children. It's absolutely neglect. They kept their children outdoors in tents, in freezing cold weather in Baby Victoria's case, in dirty conditions (bottles of urine and rubbish), they even left one in hospital. It's not like they were in dire straights trying to get by or going through rough times.

They made all these choices. And from what the prosecution have detailed so far, they had preplanned how to ensure Baby Victoria would never be known or found. It was only chance that the placenta was found, which I think was because they panicked at the fire.
Do people think they are addicts? It seems to be the only (not acceptable in any way) explanation?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.