Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ray_of_Sunshine

VIP Member
Is it because the crime includes the death when it’s an infant? I think the concealment of death isn’t standalone for an infant as I would be for an older child or adult.
So this date window refers to the death?

(I’m not sure, just thinking out loud really!)
Yeah I don’t know either. I would have thought concealment of birth and concealment of death are two separate things? So surely two separate charges 🤔

Can anyone clarify?

Reactions: 2

HistrionicSites

Chatty Member
If baby had been born in the rented house on Xmas eve, why on earth did they carry about the placenta in the car with them ( Surley they could have got rid of it somewhere)
Not being funny but it must have been really smelly by the 5th January.
And why wasn’t it in the original car that broke down?

MylaMoo

No, there’s (rightly) nothing at all about them, apart from her photos on Facebook.

We’ve assumed that one/they were with her for a while - because some pictures are relaxed outside on grass and at a train station - but then who knows what happened.

I don’t think her going on the run means she’s forgotten them. She may not have been able to see or have contact with them anyway. Her disappearing when she was obviously pregnant with Victoria (and what her mum’s message to her said about keeping that baby) shows that she knew that her latest baby would likely be removed from her at birth.

Giving birth probably in the car suggests that she thought she had longer, and then the fire drew attention to them.
Just so very sad. I really hope there is a live link. So many things just don't make sense???

Whataday21

VIP Member
It was all over the news.

They kept their faces hidden - scarf etc - and they hid away well. Him alone going to a shop with a hat on (in winter) wouldn’t get a second look I don’t think. They actively avoided being seen.
Surely they didn't keep their faces hidden when eating in a restaurant.

neroli

VIP Member
My friend is a foster carer, she currently has a gorgeous baby boy who has disabilities passed on from mum, same as his older brother who has already been adopted, and bio mum has told social services I will keep having them until you let me keep one.
My friend is a foster carer, she currently has a gorgeous baby boy who has disabilities passed on from mum, same as his older brother who has already been adopted, and bio mum has told social services I will keep having them until you let me keep one.
Fortunately there are still some brilliant foster carers around who will save these babies of women prepared to procreate as much as they want..regardless of their baby's future wellbeing. The baby is just a disposable commodity to them..

MrsJones83

VIP Member
My only concern with comments about her MH and having the resources to access help. She might not recognise her issues, dependent on the type of issue and what she believes. If she doesn't think she needs help, why would she access it?

The potential of having other children does show a pattern. Are they just hers or are they theirs? I can imagine his conviction etc would automatically flag him as a Safeguarding concern.

There is so much here that doesn't quite sit right. Victoria had the worse outcome due to their behavior and she deserves so much more.

If C has mental health issues and was paranoid her baby would be taken - why didn't M put Victoria and his partner's health first? Why didn't he get them help? Equally, if M has mental health issues and was acting erratically or in a disturbing way - why didn't C get him help?

I'm very fortunate that I don't understand nor have never experienced what was happening in their heads or view of reality. I hope they both get the punishments they deserve and any treatment/support needed. I don't think they intended to harm Victoria - there is no murder charge. However, they didn't cooperate about where she was/what had happened to her which implies, to me at least, that they were more concerned for themselves than her.
will any of this be covered in court do you think? Or will it all be private?

Reactions: 1

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
You can if you have the money and self-fund.
Oh yes, I know you can - I was saying generally it’d be a referral.

With your original post saying you don’t see CM wanting to recognise that she had a MH condition could you then see her actively seeking psychiatric care herself?

neroli

VIP Member
I suppose it's intentional negligence or negligence as a result of diminished responsibility?
---

Aberscot

Chatty Member
Thanks for that @Aberscot 🙏🏼

Oh god, didn’t realise there was more to the article. They are actually back in court for an application to dismiss charges- oh that’s an interesting twist. Wow
Was that not what last week was about before trial in January or was it something else initially ?
on what grounds can they dismiss it though ?