Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just checked out that ‘Rishi Sunak’s private GP’ account from the last thread - it reads like a terrible fan fiction from someone desperate for attention. It’s complete drivel, there’s no way in hell anyone who went to school with her would express themselves like that. Somehow it was better than their other tweets though.

Reactions: 12
I just checked out that ‘Rishi Sunak’s private GP’ account from the last thread - it reads like a terrible fan fiction from someone desperate for attention. It’s complete drivel, there’s no way in hell anyone who went to school with her would express themselves like that. Somehow it was better than their other tweets though.
Yeah felt deeply uncomfortable at that thread being shared tbh, the bit re her attraction to Mark Gordon used racist tropes/typical fetishisation of black men. Bit grim really. Twitter is full of nutters looking for attention tho.

Reactions: 17
I think this could be the same person as the 'Anti-Tory Coalition' (@Antitory2025) account. They seem to be obsessed with this case and the other day were ranting about how they'd slept with Mark Gordon. Strangely deluded and inappropriate!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I think this could be the same person as the 'Anti-Tory Coalition' (@Antitory2025) account. They seem to be obsessed with this case and the other day were ranting about how they'd slept with Mark Gordon. Strangely deluded and inappropriate!
It definitely seems that way - both accounts are obsessed with this case, but specifically the fact that CM has dated several black men, along with the usual other topics for such people: Meghan Markle, antivaxx propaganda, anti-Ukraine, anti-Muslim, all tied together with a tenuous grasp of standard sentence structure.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 14
It definitely seems that way - both accounts are obsessed with this case, but specifically the fact that CM has dated several black men, along with the usual other topics for such people: Meghan Markle, antivaxx propaganda, anti-Ukraine, anti-Muslim, all tied together with a tenuous grasp of standard sentence structure.
Foul isn't it!

Reactions: 6
How the hell, in this day and age, are people able to post that utter shite? Twitter is disgusting.

Reactions: 19
It’s vile, but IMO it’s no worse than some things that have been posted on tattle recently. Just a different subject matter.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The tweets are speculative about why CM might have been attracted to or started a relationship with MG. They’re inappropriate, unnecessary and vulgar.

Some of the posts across these threads have been comments - not speculation but actual thoughts or opinions being voiced - about how the posters hope that CM and MG will come to harm in prison.

(Obviously everyone has the right to post whatever they wish, I’m not thread policing.)

In my opinion, wishing physical harm on another person (and inadvertently wishing that someone else gets into more trouble for causing the harm, while already in prison) is considerably worse than idle speculation about why a person might have been attracted to someone else.
Especially as at the moment they are held awaiting trial - not actually found guilty.

Reactions: 16
The tweets are speculative about why CM might have been attracted to or started a relationship with MG. They’re inappropriate, unnecessary and vulgar.

Some of the posts across these threads have been comments - not speculation but actual thoughts or opinions being voiced - about how the posters hope that CM and MG will come to harm in prison.

(Obviously everyone has the right to post whatever they wish, I’m not thread policing.)

In my opinion, wishing physical harm on another person (and inadvertently wishing that someone else gets into more trouble for causing the harm, while already in prison) is considerably worse than idle speculation about why a person might have been attracted to someone else.
Especially as at the moment they are held awaiting trial - not actually found guilty.
People tend to not have too many warm and fuzzy feelings towards people who cause the death of a tiny baby and then leave her body to rot in a carrier bag. Yes, yes, they've not been found guilty yet etc.

I think, for many, the endless excuse making for their sickening behaviour is even more offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People tend to not have too many warm and fuzzy feelings towards people who cause the death of a tiny baby and then leave her body to rot in a carrier bag. Yes, yes, they've not been found guilty yet etc.

I think, for many, the endless excuse making for their sickening behaviour is even more offensive.
They're not excusing someone though? Just saying they don't agree with wishing physical harm on them. Not everyone believes in an eye for an eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Especially as at the moment they are held awaiting trial - not actually found guilty
I largely really agree with this post - I really don’t like the HANG EM gammon comments, it’s boring and there’s a whole Facebook for that sort of content, but the stuff that freak on Twitter posted was super racially charged which imo is FAR worse than some of the content put here. A lot of the 🙄 stuff is a lack of understanding or repeating stuff they’ve heard rather than actual malice? If anything vaguely in the racist realm was posted we’d likely all report it and the mods would very likely delete it as tattle has a no nonsense rule with racism, but Twitter etc don’t which is why the world is in the state it is today.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Adding to what I’ve already said, there have been many speculative - and judgemental - comments on here ranging from drug use and the baby going through withdrawal; to one day saying ‘I hope the baby’s not in an unmarked grave somewhere’ then the next day ‘they could at least have buried the baby’.
Really awful comments about a baby who yes, is likely dead at the hands of her parents, but that doesn’t make it okay for strangers to wish harm on those parents.

Speculation about CM’s preferred type of man isn’t any worse than any of that.

Reactions: 8
I largely really agree with this post - I really don’t like the HANG EM gammon comments, it’s boring and there’s a whole Facebook for that sort of content, but the stuff that freak on Twitter posted was super racially charged which imo is FAR worse than some of the content put here. A lot of the 🙄 stuff is a lack of understanding or repeating stuff they’ve heard rather than actual malice? If anything vaguely in the racist realm was posted we’d likely all report it and the mods would very likely delete it as tattle has a no nonsense rule with racism, but Twitter etc don’t which is why the world is in the state it is today.
Absolutely agree that any racist content should not be allowed whatsoever.

Quoting myself to add a source, scroll down to “the national terror” in bold to skip the movie chatter for some of the historical context around the fetishisation of black men and their penis size, and how black men are treated for daring to date white women, it all dates back to slavery and is a super dehumanising PoV. I appreciate that this is an American source but these attitudes are global.

I haven’t said anything about warm and fuzzy feelings. Far from it.

I haven’t made assumptions based on unknown information, unlike what you just did with your post and the comment about why the baby was where she was.

I’m not making excuses for them, and I never have done. I’ve said previously that they may well be responsible for their baby’s death. It’s highly likely that her death could have been avoided. That is a tragedy for everyone involved.

What I’ve also said is that it might not be as black and white as some people may think.

That’s not making excuses.

What I will make no apology for - in this situation or any other - is being clear that mental illness can mean that a person is not always in control of their thoughts or actions.

We don’t know the situation here, so I’m not saying it’s relevant, but it’s a consideration.

Blaming anyone for something out of their control due to poor mental health is not okay, and there have been posts saying along the lines of ‘I don’t care what’s wrong with them, they deserve xyz’. How is that okay?

• Heart
Reactions: 26

STOP TRYING TO SHUT DOWN THE DISCUSSION

If you don’t want to be a part of it, that’s absolutely fine. There’s a million other threads on here for you to peruse. Nobody is making excuses for anyone and it’s boring to see you repeatedly saying that. We are all on Tattle to discuss and speculate. If you don’t like it then you don’t have to come on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Quoting myself to add a source, scroll down to “the national terror” in bold to skip the movie chatter for some of the historical context around the fetishisation of black men and their penis size, and how black men are treated for daring to date white women, it all dates back to slavery and is a super dehumanising PoV. I appreciate that this is an American source but these attitudes are global.

I can’t read it without subscribing, can you screenshot?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.