Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You wouldn’t generally book yourself in to a private psychiatrist without a GP referral either I don’t think
We have private healthcare and I’ve both a) spoken to a private GP who offered a psychiatrist referral if I wanted (outside of the v obvious CBT/trauma therapy I need lol which is what I took the referral for) but it was said more as a “if you want it” thing and b) approached a private MH hospital as a patient and been told I’ve got to have 2 psychiatrist appts before they’ll recommend a course of action. So it varies I guess?

Reactions: 3
You can if you have the money and self-fund.
Oh yes, I know you can - I was saying generally it’d be a referral.

With your original post saying you don’t see CM wanting to recognise that she had a MH condition could you then see her actively seeking psychiatric care herself?

Reactions: 1

With your original post saying you don’t see CM wanting to recognise that she had a MH condition could you then see her actively seeking psychiatric care herself?

Not at all. I think she would deny having an MH issue and would not want to take psychotropic meds or be "controlled" in that way. That;s just my view of course. You need to be disciplined to adhere to a complex meds regime. No factual evidence that she has an MH condition of course so I'm just speculating.
---
I think you only need a GP referral if you use private healthcare?

Reactions: 5
We have private healthcare and I’ve both a) spoken to a private GP who offered a psychiatrist referral if I wanted (outside of the v obvious CBT/trauma therapy I need lol which is what I took the referral for) but it was said more as a “if you want it” thing and b) approached a private MH hospital as a patient and been told I’ve got to have 2 psychiatrist appts before they’ll recommend a course of action. So it varies I guess?
My psych is private because I have healthcare via work and my GP said the NHS waiting list for psychiatry care was long. I needed to be seen quickly as amongst other things the GP needed additional prescribing authority.
I was seen straight away, and treatment suggested in first appointment, but as my therapy is via the same place that probably helped.

The one I see is bloody amazing. My healthcare provider won’t pay any more so I’m now self-funding (😭) because he’s so good and I don’t want to change.
---
Not at all. I think she would deny having an MH issue and would not want to take psychotropic meds or be "controlled" in that way. That;s just my view of course. You need to be disciplined to adhere to a complex meds regime. No factual evidence that she has an MH condition of course so I'm just speculating.
---
I think you only need a GP referral if you use private healthcare?
I don’t know, I guess it depends on the condition and the impact it has on your life, compared to your life when you’re on meds. The difference can be night and day, and mean that you can actually have a life.

Reactions: 2
I would be really surprised if drugs weren't involved in this.
I was thinking this but the thing that makes me think it isn’t drugs is how much money she had access to. The only person I know who’s been drug dependent would have 100% ended up overdosing if they basically had access to unlimited money and therefore unlimited drugs. So I guess I’m only using that to think maybe they weren’t drug dependent and I know there’s probably more to it than that. Unless it was something like a life consuming weed habit which in itself doesn’t pose an immediate health risk but can absolutely fry your brain and induce psychosis.

But then I go back and forth on the drugs thing because in a lot of ways it really could explain some parts of this whole thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was thinking this but the thing that makes me think it isn’t drugs is how much money she had access to. The only person I know who’s been drug dependent would have 100% ended up overdosing if they basically had access to unlimited money and therefore unlimited drugs. So I guess I’m only using that to think maybe they weren’t drug dependent and I know there’s probably more to it than that. Unless it was something like a life consuming weed habit which in itself doesn’t pose an immediate health risk but can absolutely fry your brain and induce psychosis.

But then I go back and forth on the drugs thing because in a lot of ways it really could explain some parts of this whole thing.
They managed to move around the country a lot, while keeping the baby hidden, to begin with too. I don’t know if that would have been as easy with a reliance on drugs?

Then on the other hand, drugs would explain the appeals to CM to have the baby checked in terms of health.

The other thing is the reports about them having lots of sim cards and swapping them in and out of phones - who were they contacting and why were they changing sims? Was this all to do with paranoia or was there more to it.

Reactions: 7
Yes but then once you’re under a consultant you stay under them, so she could (in theory) have been referred initially in 2014/2015 before she met MG and still be under the same consultant psych. You wouldn’t generally book yourself in to a private psychiatrist without a GP referral either I don’t think.
You can self refer to a private psychiatrist or private inpatient care.

Just thinking about this again, because you’re absolutely right about the unlimited money meaning unlimited drugs.

It’s possible if drugs are a factor that only one of them is drug dependent, and the other of them trying to keep a safe balance - and that could be either person. Obviously there is never a ‘safe’ or ‘sensible’ amount where drugs are concerned but if one is dependent and the other not, the other can at least ensure that the dependent party is being as safe as possible.

There are so many possibilities given their vastly different backgrounds, and the years during their relationship where CM has been apparently estranged from friends and family, that it’s hard not to wonder about it.

Reactions: 8
But their baby was not being kept as safe as possible which is the tragedy here. Whatever their issues or circumstances their baby was collateral damage however you look at it? Mr Power KC will have his work cut out to defend CM but he's an expert on complex cases apparently. Can't see MG having the same level of legal representation but money shouldn't protect the guilty.

• Heart
But their baby was not being kept as safe as possible which is the tragedy here. Whatever their issues or circumstances their baby was collateral damage however you look at it? Mr Power KC will have his work cut out to defend CM but he's an expert on complex cases apparently. Can't see MG having the same level of legal representation but money shouldn't protect the guilty.
No, of course the baby wasn’t safe. That’s not disputed and wasn’t actually what we were talking about.

I was replying to @EllsBellsWells post about to possible drug use, saying if one party was dependent and one not, the one who was not would at least be able to ensure that the other (who is a hypothetical drug user) maintains ‘safe’ limits - as in not a deadly amount, clean needles if relevant, being physically safe when using drugs.

I personally don’t think either of them could have been reliant on drugs while they were moving around the country.
Whether it was a factor prior to that, possibly.

No one has suggested that money should protect the guilty.

• Heart
No, of course the baby wasn’t safe. That’s not disputed and wasn’t actually what we were talking about.

I was replying to @EllsBellsWells post about to possible drug use, saying if one party was dependent and one not, the one who was not would at least be able to ensure that the other (who is a hypothetical drug user) maintains ‘safe’ limits - as in not a deadly amount, clean needles if relevant, being physically safe when using drugs.

I personally don’t think either of them could have been reliant on drugs while they were moving around the country.
Whether it was a factor prior to that, possibly.

No one has suggested that money should protect the guilty.
They couldve been on drugs that helped them cope with the low temperatures and gave them so much energy to move around like that. Easily

They couldve been on drugs that helped them cope with the low temperatures and gave them so much energy to move around like that. Easily
I hadn’t thought of it in that way. There were comments that they’d seemingly been travelling non-stop for a few days I think.

Is there any evidence the baby was a live birth? Just thinking they may have been hiding from social services, but perhaps the birth went awry and they ended up running because they were scared to admit the baby didn’t make it?

Is there any evidence the baby was a live birth? Just thinking they may have been hiding from social services, but perhaps the birth went awry and they ended up running because they were scared to admit the baby didn’t make it?
Yes. A taxi driver on one of their trips said he heard it.

I really liked @EllsBellsWells ’ post and agree with a lot of it.

Like I think it’s unlikely they were in active addiction during their time on the run - I feel like the suspected £15k wouldn’t have lasted anywhere near as long if they were, having to make contact with addicts/dealers would put them at risk of either being called in for the cash or maybe even community police just becoming aware of them. And again the fact both of them look somewhat well and were able to be somewhat criminally strategic over such a long period of time just makes me think surely not?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some historical marijuana use had led to an onset of paranoia or psychosis in either/both of them, but I also believe a lot of people suffer from this and it’s not really spoken about 😳

Reactions: 10
I really liked @EllsBellsWells ’ post and agree with a lot of it.

Like I think it’s unlikely they were in active addiction during their time on the run - I feel like the suspected £15k wouldn’t have lasted anywhere near as long if they were, having to make contact with addicts/dealers would put them at risk of either being called in for the cash or maybe even community police just becoming aware of them. And again the fact both of them look somewhat well and were able to be somewhat criminally strategic over such a long period of time just makes me think surely not?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some historical marijuana use had led to an onset of paranoia or psychosis in either/both of them, but I also believe a lot of people suffer from this and it’s not really spoken about 😳
I also think it would have been quite obvious when they were in court, if they were in significant withdrawal?

I don’t know much (anything!) about drug use but the way MG was described in the dock was very calm and measured?

I also think it would have been quite obvious when they were in court, if they were in significant withdrawal?

I don’t know much (anything!) about drug use but the way MG was described in the dock was very calm and measured?
It’s a good point. I believe you get seen by a station nurse when you’re first booked in based upon my avid viewing of 24 hours in police custody lol so I’d assume/hope that they’d be given the relevant medication to safely taper them off anything they may be physically addicted to? But there not being any drug paraphernalia at their arrest site where the baby’s body was found whilst there was a lot of other physical evidence strewn about makes me think surely they can’t have been?

Which tbh makes it all the more bizarre.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.