Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are very much a novelty in the home ed community tbh. My kids don't have SEN (although I suspect one is neurodiverse but I don't think it presents as strongly because he doesn't have the challenges he would at school). But we are very pro science, pro vax, not crunchy at all. We largely home ed because the kids are very bright and were getting bored at school, and because there are several things about the UK state school system I don't like which I won't go into as irrelevant. But I have no ideological opposition to school, don't think they are indoctrination factories, don't believe in any conspiracy theories. We have found a few others like us but they are few and far between if I'm honest.

Marten and Gordon don't seem that far removed in terms of their ideologies to several parents I know personally.
Could you imagine those parents doing what M and G planned and did though?

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this is off topic but always been interested in this from a sociological point of view, very scary statistics on home schooling

It's home education. Home schooling refers to children who are still registered at a school but have work sent home. The terms get used interchangeably but it's annoying as they're different things and it's important to get it right.

Most home educated parents are completely and utterly against a home education register. I'm not. But I'm one of the few, the majority are not in favour.

Reactions: 9
It's home education. Home schooling refers to children who are still registered at a school but have work sent home. The terms get used interchangeably but it's annoying as they're different things and it's important to get it right.

Most home educated parents are completely and utterly against a home education register. I'm not. But I'm one of the few, the majority are not in favour.
Oh sorry I honestly didn’t realise the distinction

Could you imagine those parents doing what M and G planned and did though?
I don't know, I think some might be capable of it in the right circumstances. You have to understand that they genuinely believe they are in the right and have their children's best interests at heart. I'm not saying that was the case with these two at all but it's really difficult, when someone is totally convinced that everyone in authority is against them/wants to poison them with mainstream medicine, to argue otherwise. Honestly you would struggle to understand unless you'd met people like that. They genuinely believe their own fiction.

Reactions: 9
Ahhh ok thanks, was just wondering as in the earlier threads when it was revealed that the placenta was found in the car along with passports that baby V could of come earlier than excepted so didn’t manage to flee the country
I think it was speculation because keeping a placenta is grim.

But she apparently gave birth on Christmas Eve 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think most people, including me, that “weren’t convinced” were actually just being cautious and not running off with theories. I like to know facts. But if anyone feels they need special praise for being right this is for you
It was the people absolutely tying themselves in knots to come up with theories that meant it wasn’t her baby or wasn’t his baby and wasn’t in care and acting like it was jumping to wild conclusions to say they probably were that I meant.

There was quite a lot of evidence that suggested they were their children and were in care (her posting so many pics, the resemblance to both parents, the dates indicating they would have been born when we had been told CM and MG were together, the clear contact centre background and CM being a member of the anti-SS groups) - it was hardly jumping to a ridiculous conclusion from the initially released pic of her holding a baby at a station alone. And the final proof they weren’t wild conclusions is todays confirmation that yes, they are indeed CM and MGs children and yes they are in care.

Reactions: 13
Ooh I don’t know. I would think though for sepsis there would be clear signs like high fever.
I think in a new born sepsis would be very quick to show itself and without treatment the baby would have died within a couple of weeks of birth. It would appear from reported witnesses that they were seen with the baby mid feb?

Reactions: 4
I wonder if the coroner apparently having concluded it wasn’t natural causes rules out infection/sepsis? Anything medical like that would be natural causes, no? Even if there was then established to be neglect that had meant it took hold.

Reactions: 6
New thread:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.