Connie Simmonds #2 lazy mum guilt complainer but no time for a personal trainer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow what a pity party. Maybe it shows how the influencer industry is a pack of cards waiting to fall down. I respect her honesty, but I think many of these influencers have thought it was the land of milk and honey (aka easy cash and freebies) so didn’t bother ensuring they have skills and experience to get a job should it all end. That’s just madness.
I agree, respect her honesty, but to say I was browsing jobs at Waitrose like it was such a horrible thing to do. Shows how out of touch she is there are people out there way more qualified than her doing jobs I bet they never thought they would have to do, but have mortgages to pay, families to feed.

Reactions: 3
I agree, respect her honesty, but to say I was browsing jobs at Waitrose like it was such a horrible thing to do. Shows how out of touch she is there are people out there way more qualified than her doing jobs I bet they never thought they would have to do, but have mortgages to pay, families to feed.
She’s massively out of touch. Most are grateful to just be in work right now

Reactions: 2
She puts so much time and effort in to free content... I’m sorry but not only does she get paid, she also gets freebies which is more than most employed people who actually work full time get. She sits on her phone all day, time and effort would have been actually completing the 8 week transformation she started with Brad. 2 weeks ago she literally sat showing a shopping haul that she’d got and easily tallied up £80-£100 without thinking twice about it. She doesn’t know she’s born and if I’d been in the unfortunate position to lose my actual job watching her stories would tip me over the edge.

Reactions: 4
She puts so much time and effort in to free content... I’m sorry but not only does she get paid, she also gets freebies which is more than most employed people who actually work full time get. She sits on her phone all day, time and effort would have been actually completing the 8 week transformation she started with Brad. 2 weeks ago she literally sat showing a shopping haul that she’d got and easily tallied up £80-£100 without thinking twice about it. She doesn’t know she’s born and if I’d been in the unfortunate position to lose my actual job watching her stories would tip me over the edge.
Absolutely agreed. She infuriates me and I’ve been very lucky to keep my job so I can’t imagine how it must feel for people who have lost their jobs and are in hardship right now. Connie has no idea how hard it must be for them whilst she’s sitting in her parents big house in Ealing, having the funds to shop in more expensive places and continuously being gifted pricey gear. She has barely worked a day in her life and probably wouldn’t cope if she did get a job at somewhere like Waitrose. They certainly wouldn’t tolerate her outspoken behaviour on IG. She’ll probably be offered a job with them now anyway for putting it on her stories which is a joke as everyone else has to apply and do an interview.

Reactions: 1
Agree, I’ve been lucky enough to keep my job and have worked all the way through, my partner on the other hand has been let go (he works in the events industry) and he can’t get another job, his confidence is shattered when he’s getting turned down for jobs because they say he’s over qualified/experienced when all he wants to do is work. He’s not bothered what he does he just wants a job, like so many others at the moment.
if I looked on her stories I wouldn’t be offering her a job, could you imagine having her as an employee

• Sad
Honestly I don’t think Waitrose would have her! Imagine the moaning. She would probably phone in sick all the time because she’s tired as not used to working. The only thing she is used to is lying on the sofa on her phone ignoring her child. i agree she doesn’t know she’s born. If she did have to work away from home, her parents can provide childcare, she hasn’t got the stress of finding and paying for a nursery like the majority of working parents. and the cost of nursery fees eating into her income. She’s living presumably rent free with her parents, so hasn’t got to worry about the roof over her head.

Agree, I’ve been lucky enough to keep my job and have worked all the way through, my partner on the other hand has been let go (he works in the events industry) and he can’t get another job, his confidence is shattered when he’s getting turned down for jobs because they say he’s over qualified/experienced when all he wants to do is work. He’s not bothered what he does he just wants a job, like so many others at the moment.
if I looked on her stories I wouldn’t be offering her a job, could you imagine having her as an employee
I feel very sad for your partner, it must be so hard right now. Connie has no idea what it’s like to walk in those shoes

I feel so sad for hardworking people who have lost their jobs and are unable to get anything else right now, especially when they have responsibilities and bills to pay. I was furloughed earlier this year for a couple of months and it was a worrying time even then with the uncertainty let alone actually losing my job. My husband worries too as he works in sport journalism and if sport stops again then feels very under threat. Must be nice to not have to worry about it and casually look at one company for a job but then not actually apply. All this while airily pondering getting a life coach. Think she just can't work out what to do in life, must be a pretty aimless existence she leads, laying on the sofa a lot of the day (as it comes across that way at least) and having no energy to do chores. Well guess what, no one really has energy for that and people work in tough jobs and a lot of hours and still manage not to live in a pig sty. I think she just wants a life coach as she a) wants someone to tell her what to do, and b) sees it as aspirational.

Reactions: 6
Im really sorry to read this. I’m in the same boat as your partner. Our industry is not being supported. I have been lucky enough to land myself a temping job. Definitely not the type of role I would like to be doing but it’s paying my bills at the moment.

I’m open to other industries however they all want experience. It’s really hard. I wish your partner the best of luck.

Connie said ‘I’m doing okay’ sorry but clearly she isn’t if she’s looking for a ‘real job’ she needs to stop kidding herself. Suck it up! Her engagement is poor and her Follower numbers aren’t impressive either. She’s been trying to be an influencer now for about 3 years and it just hasn’t taken off

It’s so hard for the hospitality sector at the moment and I really feel for everyone that has lost their jobs, had to try to build their businesses back up etc and just as there seemed to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel they’re almost back to square one.
we know how lucky we are though, I’m fortunate that my job pays enough to support us both and we made the move from London a year ago, sold out flat/bought a house just before the pandemic. But there’s no trips away, expensive make up, unlimited clothes (which seems to be what Connie lives for) but we have a home, food on the table and can put the heating on whenever we need to and for that we’re very grateful, I know that a lot of people won’t have that this winter.

I feel so sad for hardworking people who have lost their jobs and are unable to get anything else right now, especially when they have responsibilities and bills to pay. I was furloughed earlier this year for a couple of months and it was a worrying time even then with the uncertainty let alone actually losing my job. My husband worries too as he works in sport journalism and if sport stops again then feels very under threat. Must be nice to not have to worry about it and casually look at one company for a job but then not actually apply. All this while airily pondering getting a life coach. Think she just can't work out what to do in life, must be a pretty aimless existence she leads, laying on the sofa a lot of the day (as it comes across that way at least) and having no energy to do chores. Well guess what, no one really has energy for that and people work in tough jobs and a lot of hours and still manage not to live in a pig sty. I think she just wants a life coach as she a) wants someone to tell her what to do, and b) sees it as aspirational.
I get the feeling Connie just wants to be a lady that lunches, she doesn’t actually want to work but feels like she has to pretend she wants to. Even doing the influencing properly and declaring her ads etc was too much work for her so can’t imagine she’d enjoy Waitrose. I did have a chuckle though as Aldi/Lidl are always on the look out for staff but if Connie is going to have to stoop so low as to get a job in a supermarket it had to be Waitrose 😂

And thanks for all the kind words everyone....I hope everyone is ok through this too x

Frankly I wouldn’t give Connie a job where I work. She’s got no work ethic and would post stuff on IG that wouldn’t reflect well. I’d rather give it to someone who would work hard and be part of the team. What would she put on her CV? Uni then pretending to be Brad’s secretary followed by a self employed MUA and unsuccessful IG influencer??

I did have a chuckle though as Aldi/Lidl are always on the look out for staff but if Connie is going to have to stoop so low as to get a job in a supermarket it had to be Waitrose
I could be wrong, but don’t Aldi and Lidl pay better than Waitrose anyway? Seems odd that she’d choose an upscale supermarket over a better paying one but what do I know, I’m not living a life of luxury like she is

Reactions: 3
I lost my job in travel thanks to COVID. I have a 2 year old and am 4 months pregnant. There’s no way I can get another job and my maternity pay has now been taken from me. Times are bleeping tough but we’ll get by, seeing Connies ‘oh I might have to work in Waitrose’ sob story makes me want to punch her in her pompous face. I WISH I could ‘just get a job in waitrose’ or any-bleeping-where for that matter.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I lost my job in travel thanks to COVID. I have a 2 year old and am 4 months pregnant. There’s no way I can get another job and my maternity pay has now been taken from me. Times are bleeping tough but we’ll get by, seeing Connies ‘oh I might have to work in Waitrose’ sob story makes me want to punch her in her pompous face. I WISH I could ‘just get a job in waitrose’ or any-bleeping-where for that matter.
Connie has absolutely no idea of what life is really like and how hard it can be sometimes. It’s people like you who deserve the job because you actually want it, would work hard and don’t see it as a downgrade. I’m sorry for you and I really hope things get better 😔

Connie has absolutely no idea of what life is really like and how hard it can be sometimes. It’s people like you who deserve the job because you actually want it, would work hard and don’t see it as a downgrade. I’m sorry for you and I really hope things get better 😔
Thanks lovely. It is what it is and it will be ok, just can’t stand ungrateful moaners who have no idea how lucky they are! I’d kill to be living mortgage free and getting paid to fart arse around on Instagram all day

Thanks lovely. It is what it is and it will be ok, just can’t stand ungrateful moaners who have no idea how lucky they are! I’d kill to be living mortgage free and getting paid to fart arse around on Instagram all day
You and me both! I’d give my right arm to have her lifestyle!!

I seriously don’t understand how she can call herself an MUA. Her makeup isn’t good. She has no formal training and you can tell. She just has good camera skills, the technique is awful. WTF was with the eyeshadow in the latest video?!

I seriously don’t understand how she can call herself an MUA. Her makeup isn’t good. She has no formal training and you can tell. She just has good camera skills, the technique is awful. WTF was with the eyeshadow in the latest video?!
I find that it’s all or nothing. Sometimes she really cakes it on with a million products and other times, like today, she has barely used anything. I thought the eyeshadow was overdone compared to the lack of everything else

I used to take symprove, I dont any more. I’ve emailed them this morning cancelling my subscription after that beggy mare got sent a freebie. I’m not paying £56 a month so they can give it away to knobs like her
Also has anyone taken a look at her talent mangers insta?! I think we all know why there’s so much tit content if that’s who’s advising her

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.