Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh of course, I go for bold and bright over Hinch grey any day. I also have a green velvet sofa (mainly because I like green but have since realised that I loathe velvet upholstery) so clearly I'm not completely immune to the interior trends I see on sm.

It just doesn't feel very personal in her hands, just all for the 'gram. The Smurf house is insane, it took me ages to realise that the gold patches on the stairwell weren't some kind of creeping damp problem.
Oh that random gold looked like mould to me too. I wonder if it looks any better in RL?

I think she'll be selling the Smurf House soon, or at least transitioning it from a holiday home to a 'location house' for film/television/photoshoots.

Its clearly not making its money as a holiday let and she has gone pretty quiet on its Instagram.

Reactions: 8
I think she'll be selling the Smurf House soon, or at least transitioning it from a holiday home to a 'location house' for film/television/photoshoots.

Its clearly not making its money as a holiday let and she has gone pretty quiet on its Instagram.
So they paid £432,500 for it 2yrs ago. They’ve spent a LOT on it, it probably owes them well into seven figures, even with all of the #gifts and #PRdiscounts. They’d have to sell it for a whacking price if they weren’t going to make a big loss, especially when fees etc are factored in. How much will it realistically fetch, narrow road, opposite one pub and a few doors down from another, front door straight onto the road, no private parking (just on the narrow road out front), miles from the beach?

Reactions: 5
It would make sense to use as a location house but it will become dated very quickly, some of her choices already out of style

Reactions: 4
It would make sense to use as a location house but it will become dated very quickly, some of her choices already out of style
She already does little location jobs with it It’s so overstyled, it might struggle as a location house as the main income source though, not vast appeal and too recognisable to be widely sellable. Plus the very obvious access issues. Location agents tend to like a good amount of off-road parking for all the equipment and personnel, especially for big stuff like TV and film. At the very least, good, abundant roadside parking. Smurf doesn’t have any of this, unless there is a load of ORP she isn’t listing on her holiday let pages.

Reactions: 4
unfollowed finally.

that response to the Q+A is just the most ungracious thing i've ever read. what a horrible use of social media! She could have said ANYTHING and instead of taking responsibility for any of it, she blamed her audience.

The point is people aren't all in "control" - people are struggling financially/ mentally /health wise all over the country & she's beyond privileged to have the brain space to monitor her insta and not be triggered by what people do on there. Other people are just looking at it while they're on a bus, or waiting for a train, they want it to be the light relief to their stressful day - not full of smug bragging blind wealth. It's totally crass.
And to end it on "kindness" - a very high and mighty response to a very VERY fair point. She must be in such an insta bubble to think thats acceptable. What kindness is she showing really?

For context - I work in london in advertising with major homewares clients amongst others. A huge part of my job is deciding influencers to work with, and making sure work suits the audience. I find that response, with so little respect and feeling for the national mood, quite grim. Any decent brand would avoid working with someone so blinkered.

(As a side note - I'm also in no way envious of a fast-homeware filled home. I just couldn't deal with the climate guilt of owning so much trendy pointless stuff that doesn't quiiiite go cos you didn't really chose it...)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes hopefully brands will see how she has behaved here and will think twice of working with someone who shows total contempt for their customers and her followers

Reactions: 7
And she's going on ANOTHER foreign holiday this week. What a tone deaf greedy cow

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She's getting more insufferable by the day. Another holiday after saying they bought the pool as going on holiday this year would be too expensive. Wouldn't be surprised if she started losing followers now, but at the same time guess people will stick around to see what she does next to make herself look even more out of touch. :cautious:

Telling us that the renovations are only ‘but a pipedream’ yet jetting off long haul. When will the brands realize that she’s only here for the take and freebies???

Telling us that the renovations are only ‘but a pipedream’ yet jetting off long haul. When will the brands realize that she’s only here for the take and freebies???
Wonder if she’s going to be ill on this trip🤭🤭

Reactions: 1
The stress of the 4th or 5th holiday this year must get to you. I have absolutely no qualms folks working hard and enjoying themselves but to be a free loader and then moan how exhausted you are really goes grate!

Reactions: 7
We will get a load of ‘who am I, taking pics in a bikini’ twaddle all week. In order that she gets lots of ‘OMG you look amazing, so brave’ replies

That’ll keep any focus away from the fact that she’s on holiday number 8227 this year despite most people unable to heat their homes.

Reactions: 11
Good god, see if she's managed to get a paid for trip to Australia or something amongst everything else then I'll finally lose all hope for the influencer bubble ever bursting.

Reactions: 2
I would guess Maldives. Cos you know that's where all the people struggling to pay for renovations on their million pound houses go 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.