Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her post about the smug house is typical Katie stating it took ‘so much out of her’ and the ‘spiralling’ costs.
Bloody get a grip! She choose to have ridiculous stuff like slides, bespoke kitchens and hot tubs. Half the stuff was free anyhow so no idea why she’s complaining.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s a big influencer PR trip, another Leeds interior designer/influencer (Amy Wilson Interiors, used to be ‘this style rocks’ or something v similar and was on that interior design competition prog) is off there too.
Oh gawd…. Can you imagine having the misfortune of being on the same flight…. Cackeling hyenas spring to mind

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can’t be doing with her ‘only £35’ etc… who is she to say whether something is cheap or not? For a lot of people £35 is a lot of money. She gets more out of touch by the week.

Reactions: 6
Can’t be doing with her ‘only £35’ etc… who is she to say whether something is cheap or not? For a lot of people £35 is a lot of money. She gets more out of touch by the week.
Thought the same, some people haven't even got £35 for their bills let alone for a jumper. She is so tone deaf, guess she must presume that most of her followers are well off like her.

Reactions: 4
She talk about not being able to resist buying everything and then labels the same post as an ad with affiliate links....

Reactions: 3
She was begging hard for that a few weeks ago wasn’t she?
Greedy, grabby Katie stuffing her face with free food again that she can well afford.

Reactions: 6
The reply sums her up fully. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d written that question herself.

Regardless, she comes across as spoilt, entitled, rude and devoid of any empathy whatsoever. Her true personality really does shine through there.

The reply that would have been more appropriate and certainly shown some humility would have been:

‘I have been so lucky to work in an industry which involves gifts and paid for stays, it’s the best part of the job’. I am going to try my best at doing some giveaways and competitions over the next few months so I can share some of these lovely gifts with my followers’.

But spoilt greedy Katie keeps everything for herself, probably to keep the smug house full of stuff that she doesn’t then need to buy.

Many of her followers will see her for what she is in that post.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So basically she will get all the freebies she wants and flaunt her wealth and if you don't like it then that's your problem so duck off. What a lovely person she is.

Reactions: 15
She’s one of those who tells herself ThEyRe JuSt JeAlOuS.
No. People are sick of your greedy grabby attitude. Take take take, never giving anything back or putting your hand in your own pocket whilst sitting in one of your mansions.
If she just acknowledged her privilege once it would be better! But she can’t even do that. She has a little strop cos why shouldn’t she have all the freebies, post them online bragging and how dare people have an opinion!

duck off katie. Get off the internet if you don’t want people (quite rightly) commenting on your disgusting behaviour and attitude.

And no I’m not jealous, your life seems empty. All the free tit/money in the world doesn’t make you a nice person.

Reactions: 10
Passive aggressive much 🙄😂
She’s so smug!! Wonder if she realises she doesn’t make many smile or feel Inspired?
Ooof. I don’t think she could’ve handled that much worse.
I will say that her ad reels are usually pretty well done and she can be really creative when she puts her mind to it. It’s not just a flat lay of whatever she’s advertising with a caption like a lot of them.

Just a few years ago she had a much better balance, content wise. Yes, they clearly had a lot more money than the average instagrammer but it wasn’t OTT and rubbed in the viewers face like it is now. Her dental stuff made for interesting content too, as she did Q&As and just generally chatted about it without making it a ‘dental account’ and scaring people off who might be phobic or whatever. Though I could’ve done without the obv pushing of Invisalign towards the end, the profit for them is obv huge (plus I’d always go with an actual orthodontist than a dentist for braces), but that’s a personal moan. I suppose she’s been a victim of her own success, the popularity of her account during those years brought more opportunities. That has meant meant giving up her professional career and getting sucked deeper into the vacuous materialistic IG world which is just an echo chamber.

Reactions: 10
Ooof. I don’t think she could’ve handled that much worse.
I will say that her ad reels are usually pretty well done and she can be really creative when she puts her mind to it. It’s not just a flat lay of whatever she’s advertising with a caption like a lot of them.

Just a few years ago she had a much better balance, content wise. Yes, they clearly had a lot more money than the average instagrammer but it wasn’t OTT and rubbed in the viewers face like it is now. Her dental stuff made for interesting content too, as she did Q&As and just generally chatted about it without making it a ‘dental account’ and scaring people off who might be phobic or whatever. Though I could’ve done without the obv pushing of Invisalign towards the end, the profit for them is obv huge (plus I’d always go with an actual orthodontist than a dentist for braces), but that’s a personal moan. I suppose she’s been a victim of her own success, the popularity of her account during those years brought more opportunities. That has meant meant giving up her professional career and getting sucked deeper into the vacuous materialistic IG world which is just an echo chamber.
Damn, sorry for the duplicate ‘meant’ at the end there. Just spotted it and too late to edit.

Imagine being that fortunate and having zero empathy and appalling taste in interiors. I actually feel quite sorry for Katie. Being that defensive doesn't scream happiness to me.

Her previous home was a hideous check list of Instagram cliches, her holiday let is over priced and ostentatious, and I imagine she'll butcher her new place. She has no style of her own because of all the 'kindly gifted' tat, it's tragic for someone of her age.

Reactions: 8
Taste is subjective, lots of people like that bright and bold style. I do prefer it to the Mrs Hinch style or the glitzy beige WAG style, though it isn’t my personal taste. The one thing I like about Katie is that she commits fully to it and doesn’t half arse it. Though you can see she hasn’t got the design training and experience to make it fully work (unlike say, Sophie Robinson who also has a very bold interior style but has put it together in much more harmonious way).

I totally agree that the beautiful old house is going to get ruined. I can forgive a few bad paint or wallpaper choices, they are reversible, but she’s going to start knocking walls out and putting in glazing styles that jar with the house. I just hope that it is listed and the listing is tight enough to prevent her wrecking it.

Reactions: 7
Oh of course, I go for bold and bright over Hinch grey any day. I also have a green velvet sofa (mainly because I like green but have since realised that I loathe velvet upholstery) so clearly I'm not completely immune to the interior trends I see on sm.

It just doesn't feel very personal in her hands, just all for the 'gram. The Smurf house is insane, it took me ages to realise that the gold patches on the stairwell weren't some kind of creeping damp problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.