Comedowntothewoods #3 mostly moaning and free stuff’

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She brings most of her problems on herself and for that I've no sympathy but for what she's experiencing this morning, I must admit I feel a bit rotten for her. Can't be pleasant and looks sore.
Realise I'm probably in the minority though 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She wouldn’t know a tough time if it came and smacked her on the face. Last month skiing ( best trip ever), free meals out at the Ivy ( best meals ever) free massages ( best massage ever) and now having some time out at her £1m holiday house. I have absolutely no sympathy for that woman. She has another £1m + home that she can’t afford to renovate and add a huge pool extension etc etc … come down to the real world Katie where people can’t afford to put food on the table! She’s a total twit

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m still baffled as to how she became such a successful interiors instagrammer. Her last house was ok but none of the rooms were really that special? She just threw paint and wallpaper and velvet sofas around and nothing actually felt finished or carefully designed. She should have stayed with the dentistry and kept the house stuff and instagram as a side hustle. She could look at Little Big Bell as inspiration, she’s a NHS doctor with a very successful instagram career on the side, currently renovating a beautiful apartment in Paris. Completely unrelatable as she is obviously very wealthy but she manages to do both!

Reactions: 9
Right place, right time.

Her previous home was sufficiently quirky that it gained interest and followers. I unfollowed once all the shady non-disclosed ads began.

I wonder when she’ll give influencing up?

Reactions: 7
I don’t believe for one second that trolls have been in the old inbox. If they had, it would have been screen shotted and in outraged stories. I think Katie has been reading on here and is concerned that followers/brands will look on here too. Hence having to create a troll narrative.

Face doesn’t look good. Priority should have been getting a GP appointment and some antihistamines to be honest rather then travelling 4 million miles to Devon. Hopefully whatever she has now will sort it out.

The squirrel thing was utterly awful and should have had a trigger warning to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Possibly people were calling her out on the squirrel story, it was completely unnecessary.

As far as influencing Katie was totally in the right place at the right time with a big house ripe for renovation, which she literally threw every interior trend at. There wasn’t a single interior bandwagon that Katie didn’t jump upon.

However she’s no longer relevant in the interiors influencing space. There are far bigger and more stylish interiors accounts that blow her out of the water these days. People that actually get their hands dirty and create interesting stylish interiors (not always with a load of money and with infinitely less moaning involved!)

Reactions: 11
I think the hey day for interior influencers was 2017-2019 and then the pandemic put paid to it. Many of the interiors people I followed since then have branched out to wider “lifestyle” like clothes, food, makeup, holidays, not just interiors.

I’m still baffled as to how she became such a successful interiors instagrammer. Her last house was ok but none of the rooms were really that special? She just threw paint and wallpaper and velvet sofas around and nothing actually felt finished or carefully designed. She should have stayed with the dentistry and kept the house stuff and instagram as a side hustle. She could look at Little Big Bell as inspiration, she’s a NHS doctor with a very successful instagram career on the side, currently renovating a beautiful apartment in Paris. Completely unrelatable as she is obviously very wealthy but she manages to do both!
Thank you for sharing Little Big Bell - what a gorgeous account the Paris apartment is

Reactions: 1
I think the hey day for interior influencers was 2017-2019 and then the pandemic put paid to it. Many of the interiors people I followed since then have branched out to wider “lifestyle” like clothes, food, makeup, holidays, not just interiors.
As has Katie, tried, to as well. I would not say she is a particularly good influencer. I am her exact demographic and would never buy anything she is sprucing as she is so disingenuous, greedy, and tone deaf. Understand we all have to make a living but read the room Katie and maybe just tone down the complaining and self pity. Keep the account professional and relatable, rather than just your little hobby to get everything for free so you can maintain your lifestyle. People then might just listen to you.

• Heart
She wouldn’t know a tough time if it came and smacked her on the face. Last month skiing ( best trip ever), free meals out at the Ivy ( best meals ever) free massages ( best massage ever) and now having some time out at her £1m holiday house. I have absolutely no sympathy for that woman. She has another £1m + home that she can’t afford to renovate and add a huge pool extension etc etc … come down to the real world Katie where people can’t afford to put food on the table! She’s a total twit
And she's off again, leaving the rest of the family in an rat infested, cold, asbestos ridden hole.

And the complaints will start as soon as she's back.

Squad goals? Really?

How convenient that the whole squad appears to have sizeable Insta followings, if only they could influence some of their followers to pay their earth dollars to stay at the blue house that they have had for free.....it could all just be a coincidence right?

Attachments

Reactions: 8
It would be great if Katie acknowledged the significant privileges she has in being able to escape her woes by staying in her million pound second home in one of the most expensive towns in Devon.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Squad goals? Really?

How convenient that the whole squad appears to have sizeable Insta followings, if only they could influence some of their followers to pay their earth dollars to stay at the blue house that they have had for free.....it could all just be a coincidence right?
Imagine having to host that bunch of liggers for free in the vain hope that someone very credulous might book without checking the parking situation and how long they are allowed to stay out in the garden 🙈

• Haha
What is she up to with this - is it just to try to get more followers and more exposure for the bloo house as a rental?
I cannot with the 'woe is me' narrative when this is the second child-free holiday of the year and we're not even through February.

Reactions: 10
What is she up to with this - is it just to try to get more followers and more exposure for the bloo house as a rental?
I cannot with the 'woe is me' narrative when this is the second child-free holiday of the year and we're not even through February.
Who is going to pay £5.5k for a week in Devon that isn't exactly on the coast, with parking for 1 car. Oh it has a quirky slide and is wheelchair accessible. I imagine her market is really big at the moment. Looking at the bookings calendar, she pretty much doesn't have any bookings. The few she has are likely when they are there at Easter and in the summer. Not really income producing. How can she cry poor when she has a second home sitting empty pretty much all the time, the associated running costs and a huge primary home both worth millions. You may be asset rich and cash poor Katie but you can still afford to pay two fairly hefty mortgages which is two more than a lot of people right now.

• Heart