Comedians you don’t find funny…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pray tell.
Just the way they treat their own fans. They search their own names on twitter to block people, despite SL saying he doesn’t do twitter. He also named a random person on his newsletter as someone he disliked (he lists those he puts on a pedestal and then those to put in the pedal bin) causing a pile on on twitter.

Just the way they treat their own fans. They search their own names on twitter to block people, despite SL saying he doesn’t do twitter. He also named a random person on his newsletter as someone he disliked (he lists those he puts on a pedestal and then those to put in the pedal bin) causing a pile on on twitter.
I remember coming across this on Twitter. The random was a newish comedian. It was such a weird thing of him to do, and having a go at someone just starting out seems really nasty.

Reactions: 2
I remember coming across this on Twitter. The random was a newish comedian. It was such a weird thing of him to do, and having a go at someone just starting out seems really nasty.
Yeah the guy was mystified as to why he’d been singled out and SL offered no context.

Reactions: 1
Eddie Izzard
Lenny Henry
Richard Ayoade
Jason Manford
Jon Richardson (and wife)
Sarah Millican
Rosie Jones
Josie Long
Shappi Khorsandi
Sandi Toksvig

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He comes across as a nasty, bitter little man to me. He absolutely suffers from professional jealousy.

Reactions: 7
Rosie Jones. I just don't find the girl funny and I feel like she's being pulled onto a lot of things as a box ticking exercise which isn't fair on the audience or her.

Reactions: 26
I really enjoyed James Acaster’s stand-up (Repertoire on Netflix) and his appearances on panel shows. So I bought his latest show (called “cold lasagne hate myself 1999”) which was just him moaning about his life. I didn’t laugh once, and it has really stopped me caring about his stand-up… Shame really

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed James Acaster’s stand-up (Repertoire on Netflix) and his appearances on panel shows. So I bought his latest show (called “cold lasagne hate myself 1999”) which was just him moaning about his life. I didn’t laugh once, and it has really stopped me caring about his stand-up… Shame really
Saw him live a couple of years back, talking about the girlfriend who left him for Rowan Atkinson. It was so painful- like watching a nervous breakdown on stage. And I’d always really liked him before. One of those I wouldn’t pay to see again ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Saw him live a couple of years back, talking about the girlfriend who left him for Rowan Atkinson. It was so painful- like watching a nervous breakdown on stage. And I’d always really liked him before. One of those I wouldn’t pay to see again ☹
Was that a live performance of “cold lasagne…”?
Because him telling the story of him getting dumped for Rowan Atkinson is like 30 minutes of that show, including him praising himself for “crafting the most well-polished and inoffensive joke about being the only person in the whole world who can say that they got dumped for Mr Bean” which leads him to telling the audience off in advance for making stupid “Mr Bean”-inspired tweets about the break-up.

He also tells the story of getting dumped by Rose Matafeo while he was filming the celebrity version of Bake Off where he had a nervous breakdown.

Break-ups can be hard, and some artists can make beautiful music/movies/paintings/shows/jokes about it, James Acaster is just not one of them. At least not with the “cold lasagne 1999 hate myself” show which I bought and watched online from his own website.
I wanted a good laugh, not a pity party.

And I say this as someone who still would recommend everyone to see his 4-part Netflix stand-up “Repertoire”

Reactions: 4
I used to really like Baddiel, but I have gone off him quite a bit.

He has rightly called out anti-Semitism from others, but seems totally tone dead to what he has done in the past wasn't really acceptable either, and refuses to genuinely apologise for it ( Jason Lee has never received an apology from Skinner and Baddiel), or goes whataboutery when his past remarks are bought up. The still thinks it was genuinely funny to talk about a boy he bullied at school, but also still attacks Rob Newman for bullying him, but never seeming to get that both actions are the different sides of the same coin.

Reactions: 5
Was that a live performance of “cold lasagne…”?
Because him telling the story of him getting dumped for Rowan Atkinson is like 30 minutes of that show, including him praising himself for “crafting the most well-polished and inoffensive joke about being the only person in the whole world who can say that they got dumped for Mr Bean” which leads him to telling the audience off in advance for making stupid “Mr Bean”-inspired tweets about the break-up.

He also tells the story of getting dumped by Rose Matafeo while he was filming the celebrity version of Bake Off where he had a nervous breakdown.

Break-ups can be hard, and some artists can make beautiful music/movies/paintings/shows/jokes about it, James Acaster is just not one of them. At least not with the “cold lasagne 1999 hate myself” show which I bought and watched online from his own website.

And I say this as someone who still would recommend everyone to see his 3-part Netflix stand-up “Repertoire”
The comedian John Robins split up with Sara Pascoe and they both went on to do "break up" shows. Robins actually won an Edinburgh award for his, The Darkness of Robins. I think its still on Netflix. Some parts of that are EXCELLENT.

Reactions: 3
The comedian John Robins split up with Sara Pascoe and they both went on to do "break up" shows. Robins actually won an Edinburgh award for his, The Darkness of Robins. I think its still on Netflix. Some parts of that are EXCELLENT.
Is the rumour that she dumped him via a comedians Whatsapp group true?

Was that a live performance of “cold lasagne….
I wanted a good laugh, not a pity party.

And I say this as someone who still would recommend everyone to see his 4-part Netflix stand-up “Repertoire”
I think it must have been. It made me very uncomfortable… my husband has been watching “Repertoire”. I may give it a go.
The other side of the coin - recently went to see Simon Evans “The Work of the Devil”, which I thought was incredibly well crafted, and a totally un-self pitying story of a quite shocking family discovery.

Is the rumour that she dumped him via a comedians Whatsapp group true?
I think she had discussed it previously and then the actual break up happened on Christmas Day. I never really "got" them together, but she seemed more suited to him than Coco, although that's over now too. I would be curious to know what happened there as he definitely hadn't gone back to the same darkness as he did post Sara...

Most American comedians. The only exceptions being Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Jim Gaffigan.

UK based:

Rob Beckett
Aisling Bea
Sara Pascoe
Roisin Connaughty
Ronnie Ancona
Nish Kumar
Katherine Ryan
Jimmy Carr
Rosie Jones
Brendan Carroll
Russell Howard
Jack Whitehall
Sarah Millican
Josh Widdicombe
Nina Conti

There are tons of others that I can’t remember.

use to love Russell Howard, can't stand any of his "new" stuff, very safe/lackluster and a lot of the same jokes he's been doing for the last 10+ years.
I absolutely HATE David Walliams, he's such a creepy weirdo, i would not be surprised if it came out he was a n once.

Reactions: 6
Am I the asshole for not finding Rosie Jones funny, in the absolute slightest?

use to love Russell Howard, can't stand any of his "new" stuff, very safe/lackluster and a lot of the same jokes he's been doing for the last 10+ years.
I absolutely HATE David Walliams, he's such a creepy weirdo, i would not be surprised if it came out he was a n once.
I once worked somewhere and walliams was doing a book signing, and his PR team were acting like Obama had entered the building 😂 they wanted him to leave through a "secret entrance" (our tradesmen door)

• Haha
Reactions: 10