Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IngressUK

VIP Member
Jo Brand.

A truly abnoxious and callous witch, who isn't funny and has done the 'fat' and 'degrading' jokes to death.

When she advocated chucking acid at certain people, made me irreversably change my opinion of her. It doesn't matter how much you hate someone, no one deserves having life changing acid thrown at them.

A nasty woman who should have been barred (or given a lengthy suspension) from TV for making such comments.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Frankie Boyle.

Nothing is off limits in comedy, but he is SO unlikeable that the darker jokes from him feel even more off key.

Reactions: 42

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
RUSSELL KANE I don’t even know if he is a comedian but he was on beat the chasers last night and Bradley introduced him as a ‘comedian’ and I was like, urgh, I hate this guy

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Misbehaving

VIP Member
This might be controversial but Peter Kay I just think he's massively over hyped plus there have been accusations of plagiarism from other comics.

Also Sarah Silverman I get that she's meant to be edgy but I just think she's all about shock value but for me it's just in bad taste nothing else?

Reactions: 40
Katherine Ryan. I find her so annoying beyond belief and she gives really stuck up loves herself bitchy vibes. I read a comment somewhere (I think on Reddit) recently that someone went to her gig when she first started out and she was actually funny and now her humour is about bitching and slagging off celebs and any celeb who's done her wrong. She has this world owes her little princess vibe. She's also on everything lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Jimmy carr was asked about being cancelled and he said the joke that will end his career is already out there, just waiting to be found by someone. Thats exactly how it is now

Reactions: 37

CookieZippy

VIP Member
James Acaster. Horrid woke little shit.

Sarah Millican. Seems to just rely on her accent.

Michael McIntyre. Obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I've seen Eddie Izzard live and on TV and I've never found his remotely funny, not even amusing. However Jackie Mason, Jasper Carrot (surprisingly), and Billy Connolly (of course) get me although I wish Jasper Carrot would ditch that list of insurance claims as it was only funny the first time.
I’ve never liked Eddie Izzard and I absolutely loathe him (and he is a him) now that he’s decided he fancies playing at being a woman. He was talking about how he basically chased some teenage girls out of the ladies loo because they weren’t comfortable with him being in there and everyone applauded him as if he was some marginalised oppressed victim instead of a misogynistic selfish arsehole terrorising kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Most of them these days. Used to regularly watch the Apollo and the panel shows but it's all either observational comedy, which I find dull, or people making jokes about the "right" things and being so desperate not to get cancelled. I usually find the female comics a complete waste of time. Sarah Millican is particularly awful. I still like Bob Mortimer (massive Vic&Bob fan in the 90s but I don't like Vic now) and I enjoy Dave Chapelle's stand-up and sketch show. Missing Sean Lock 😭.

Last edited:

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
Nish Kumar .... How has that man even made to TV? Never mind got his own show!
Katherine Ryan
The Mrs Brown Boys entire cast
Jason Manford

However I agree with a post above that it’s so difficult for comedians these days as they can’t say anything out of term anymore that would’ve made you laugh years ago for the fear of a huge backlash from the Woke brigade!

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Rosie Jones. I just don't find the girl funny and I feel like she's being pulled onto a lot of things as a box ticking exercise which isn't fair on the audience or her.

Reactions: 26

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Sarah Millican
Jason Manford
David Baddiel
John Richardson
Romesh Ranganathan
Ronni Ancona
Alistair McGowan

Reactions: 26