Comedians you don’t find funny…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the asshole for not finding Rosie Jones funny, in the absolute slightest?

I once worked somewhere and walliams was doing a book signing, and his PR team were acting like Obama had entered the building 😂 they wanted him to leave through a "secret entrance" (our tradesmen door)
I don’t know if she is funny or not as I can’t make out what she is saying most of the time. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: 9
I don’t think Rosie Jones is funny at all. I agree with the “box ticking” comment someone posted earlier. I admire her determination, but she’s not funny IMO.
Don’t think Ranganatham’s buddy (with the teeth is funny either.
Can’t stand Miranda Hart.

Reactions: 15
Another "comedian" I can't stand (I'm not sure if we can call her that because she's basically riding her husband's coattails) is Lucy Beaumont. I watched an episode of Sunday Brunch with her and John on with a pussycat doll, and every time she made a joke and John laughed, he was given a filthy look and probably a kick under the table 😂 god forbid he find another woman funny

• Wow
Reactions: 9
We went to see Jason Manford recently and he was absolutely dire. Barely laughed. SO disappointed. Seriously unfunny.

Reactions: 4
Same. Sometimes I find her funny when she's not necessarily trying to be funny but the husband jokes and the sex jokes - ugh. Anytime she was a guest on QI, I skipped.

Reactions: 5
Same. Sometimes I find her funny when she's not necessarily trying to be funny but the husband jokes and the sex jokes - ugh. Anytime she was a guest on QI, I skipped.
She's on Countdown at the moment. It's getting tedious with the amount of "funny" words she comes up with.

Reactions: 1
I am struggling to find any of the mainstream comics funny these days. 😬 I think they try too hard to get Netflix deals etc whereas say 10 years ago some of them were legitimately funny. Some take themselves so seriously these days and then develop twitter personas where they have to have some witty put down on anything and everything that is happening in the world, especially politics. 🙄

Reactions: 6
I am struggling to find any of the mainstream comics funny these days. 😬 I think they try too hard to get Netflix deals etc whereas say 10 years ago some of them were legitimately funny. Some take themselves so seriously these days and then develop twitter personas where they have to have some witty put down on anything and everything that is happening in the world, especially politics. 🙄
I regularly go to comedy clubs and the funniest comedians are the up and coming ones or those who have been around for years but not gone mainstream.

Steve Hughes is a favourite of mine. He’s touring soon and I am looking forward to seeing him again. Dylan Moran and David O’Docherty on stage make me hurt myself laughing, but it’s just patter, you come away and there are no actual jokes to retell anyone afterwards. That’s how it seems to me.

I regularly go to comedy clubs and the funniest comedians are the up and coming ones or those who have been around for years but not gone mainstream.

Steve Hughes is a favourite of mine. He’s touring soon and I am looking forward to seeing him again. Dylan Moran and David O’Docherty on stage make me hurt myself laughing, but it’s just patter, you come away and there are no actual jokes to retell anyone afterwards. That’s how it seems to me.
David O'Docherty is massively underrated. But I think ironically he is good because he's never really hit the big stage.

Reactions: 3
Most American comedians. The only exceptions being Bill Hicks, George Carlin and Jim Gaffigan.
Jim Gaffigan is simply fantastic.

I saw the Impractical Jokers live a few years ago because I loved their prank show. It was probably the worst comedy show I've ever seen.
I always thought Katherine Ryan was funny, but I was so irritated by her viral bit about the song Say No To This from Hamilton that I can't find her as funny anymore.

My favourites:
Ross Noble
Stephen K Amos
Rich Hall
Tom Allen
Suzi Ruffell
John Mulaney
Jim Gaffigan
Joe Lycett

• Heart
Anyone looking for someone up and coming, PLEASE check out Troy Hawke. He's very different to the mainstream ones and I nearly had a "wee" accident when I saw him live I was guffawing so much 💧

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I saw the Impractical Jokers too..didn't really translate well to a live show. Sal was the only one that stood out as a funny natural comedian on stage, the other 3 really struggled (at least for the show I watched)

I saw the Impractical Jokers too..didn't really translate well to a live show. Sal was the only one that stood out as a funny natural comedian on stage, the other 3 really struggled (at least for the show I watched)
Agree, I’ve seen them twice and really enjoyed the first show I went to (which was their second tour) as it was good to see them in the U.K. but the third tour was a bit meh and I was actually bored 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wonder if they’ll ever tour over here as a trio.

Not necessarily a comedian, but the CasualUK sub on Reddit. I just think people try too hard to be funny on there.

I listen to lockdown parenting and found them both really funny but really finding rob Beckett annoying sometimes, always desperate to give his mental health slant on things and over analyse stuff and it’s annoying

Reactions: 2
Just looking at twitter and Mark Thomas' (annoying unfunny gobshite) wife had a thread. I know there are two sides to every story, but apparently she wrote a book about their 30 year marriage saying how he serially cheated and gaslighted her throughout it. And threatened legal action to stop her book being published.
I've always found him incredibly humourless and quite nasty tbh.