Come talk to me...(insomnia)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😁 I keep weird hours. My son has a Sleep disorder so has melatonin. I’ve tried it and it definitely works to GET you to sleep.

helllooooooo

can't sleep, worried about the state of my relationship

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Oh no 🙁... are you ok?
Not really, thanks for asking!
I just have this feeling in my gut that my partner isn't really into me anymore.
He's far less affectionate than he was before. I see him regularly and he's lovely, we get on really well etc. but he just doesn't really touch me anymore.

It makes me feel very unattractive and sad because my love language is very much physical touch.

I've brought it up before and he's tried to do better, but something in him has changed hence the distance.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hey good morning I've not slept bloody heartburn 😫 nothings working and i can't take Gaviscon Rennie's settlers etc so its sugar free polo's and milk that usually works but yep nothing at the moment

Insomnia being a pain for me tonight, do suffer from it alot, and the worst thing, I know I'll feel like tit tomorrow ( later) and will waste a day, pisses me off:(

Not really, thanks for asking!
I just have this feeling in my gut that my partner isn't really into me anymore.
He's far less affectionate than he was before. I see him regularly and he's lovely, we get on really well etc. but he just doesn't really touch me anymore.

It makes me feel very unattractive and sad because my love language is very much physical touch.

I've brought it up before and he's tried to do better, but something in him has changed hence the distance.
That's horrible, I'm sorry. The feeling is so much worse when it's in your gut too. Are you still communicating about this with him? You posted this a couple of weeks ago now so I hope youre doing better and are getting some sleep!!

• Heart
I rarely sleep. I get a couple of hours, the longest I stayed up was 48 hours, ended up only sleeping a hour or a few for the next couple of days, ended up in hospital with a minor seizure.

Also ended up having a out of body experience, seeing myself having the seizurem

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
That's horrible, I'm sorry. The feeling is so much worse when it's in your gut too. Are you still communicating about this with him? You posted this a couple of weeks ago now so I hope youre doing better and are getting some sleep!!
Thanks love - it's ironic that you posted this because we've had a barny about this tonight haha.

He shared something with me about himself that explains the distance but whenever I check in to see how that thing's affecting him, he gets all awkward and downplays it - he's embarrassed but I've tried explaining that this thing has made me feel insecure and I need to be able to talk to/ask him about it.

I repeated the exact terminology he's used in the past and he's straight up gaslighted me, denying the seriousness of this thing and now I feel even more hurt and anxious. I hate that he can't own the tit he says - regardless of how awkward it is.

I've forced him into therapy and he seems to be loving it but he won't do therapy with me. I do feel like having someone who can moderate our difficult conversations would make all the difference...

Sleep has been better though!

• Heart
I've been an on and off insomniac for years, so I know the pain and struggle it really is. During bad episodes things that have helped me are cbd oil, magnesium supplements taken an hour or 2 before bed, no caffiene after 2pm, no phone hour or so before bed, Sominex some times work for me on occasion if I'm struggling. I've had the pills like zopiclone and diazepam in the past and they would just send me to sleep for an hour sometimes not at all. It's best to be cautious with them

Zopiclone actually helped me but I wish I got them for longer than a week cos I’ve soon gone back to normal

Wide awake with ‘morning sickness’.
Whoever named it ‘morning’ must of been a man!
Sick of seeing the inside of my sick bucket now, 6 weeks this has been going on! 😩😩😩

• Sad
I've been struggling to sleep the past few nights, despite being up early for work. It's because I have a lay in when I'm off, so I'm not that tired, but like to cuddle up in bed because I'm absolutely fed up right now - no win situation! 😟 I'm off work after Friday for 2 weeks and I just feel so flat - want to be in work to give me a purpose each day and to have conversation, so I feel absolutely fed up. 😞

I stay downstairs til about 11 after last let the dog out for a wee then I go to bed, I can be yawning my head off but for about 3 weeks now I just can’t sleep before 3-3:30 no matter how hard I try. Then I wake up and I’m like tit on a stick and I try keep busy through the day etc and like I said I’m yawning but that sleep just won’t happen. Or I have one lucky night when asleep about 1 but then next night back to norm 😩 I shouldn’t have to rely on sleep tablets to help me get back to norm cos like last time that was a short fix then a week later was back to normal.

Reactions: 2
Am having one of those nights where I was so tired earlier, but now wide awake, but I really need sleeps, anyone else the same?