Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bingewatcher92

Bless you. My sleep has been ridiculous for a while now. I lost my fiancé to suicide just over a year ago and probably since then. Drives me mad. What do you do?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
...I can’t sleep. Night shifts, then no night shifts hits me hard. After 72 hours solid awake the doctor prescribed diazepam. It seems I’m immune to it. I feel no different.
So. Is anyone else struggling to sleep? Want a thread to come and chat about nothing at 4am when it feels like the whole world is asleep but you?

Reactions: 8

hrh89

VIP Member
I dont sleep during the night. Depression does that to you. I stay up all night and sleep all day. Currently watching old big brother episodes 😂

Bless you. My sleep has been ridiculous for a while now. I lost my fiancé to suicide just over a year ago and probably since then. Drives me mad. What do you do?
so sorry to hear that thinking of you right now 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7

elttat

hellooooo

adrenaline from almost falling to my death earlier and the prospect of what will be an intense threapy sesh in the morning has my brain seriously wired

• Heart
Reactions: 3

TheDevil'Son

I rarely sleep. I get a couple of hours, the longest I stayed up was 48 hours, ended up only sleeping a hour or a few for the next couple of days, ended up in hospital with a minor seizure.

Also ended up having a out of body experience, seeing myself having the seizurem

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Thank you all for your kind words. I hope it didn’t come across as looking for sympathy - that wasn’t my intention.
I get so frustrated with not being able to sleep, I’ve been re watching shameless on Netflix! If anyone has any Netflix recommendations I’d love them lol!

That’s an incredible job, your amazing ❤

Bless you. It’s so so hard isn’t it. Sending you so much love back! I feel exactly the same way about my fiancé.
It didn't come across to me like you wanted sympathy at all. We're a little community and people share as they feel comfortable with. ❤

My Netflix recommendations are Sex Education, The Crown, 100 Humans, Black Mirror, Magic for Humans, Dirty John and Dead to Me. There's lots of non-Netflix originals as well which are brilliant.

If ever you want to talk about your fiance, do message me. Xx

• Heart

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
I can’t sleep ... my ring doorbell camera detected a person at my front door at 1.36am. I can’t see anything on the video but that’s not surprising as it’s pitch black where we live. Absolutely terrified of going to sleep now 😨

• Heart

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’m up with baby, have been since 4.30. He’s asleep now but thrashing around in his crib! I’m sorry to those of you who have lost people. I hope you can all get some sleep soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

hrh89

VIP Member
Oh my. They say a routine helps, like a child. Wind down from stimulating activities/lights, set bedtime, set waking time regardless of tiredness. I have found sometimes it works for me but it requires a lot of discipline.

I presume you've tried sleeping aids too?

I haven't tried cherry juice, excellent tip by @Tiantian1005 to try.
I struggle with sleep aids like nytol because they contain diphenhydramine which makes my RLS go mad. Stupid body

back again!
aw same.

I know this may sound like a joke but I had a week really bad sleep 2 months ago literally 1-2 hours a night rest with my eyes wide open. I started drinking tart cherry juice 500ml every night and since then slept really well even managed to have a few days pass 7am which never happened to me before even in weekends.
Where do you get cherry juice ? Seems hard to get hold of..

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
My friend is coming over tomorrow (she's in my bubble no breaking the rules) my house is a mess 😭 I need to tidy up before she comes and sort stuff out and if I sleep i know when I wake up I won't have enough time to tidy up and get ready before she's here 🤣

On the monster energy drink hoping it gives me a buzz 🙃😅
You sound like me, panic tidying before someone comes round 😂

you need mrs hinch in your life.
I’m sorry, I can’t even type that with a straight face 😂😂😂

• Haha

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
I panic clean when my mothers coming over 😂 like I did today. Been yawning my head off for hours, now in bed feel fine. Pees me off!
I was the same, exhausted all day and now ping!
It doesn’t help that my 7 year old has come and gotten in bed with me, and brought his dog, as his dad is at Wouk and he worried I’d be lonely. I can’t tell him that no, I’ve been with people all day at work, then all evening at home and would LOVE to be alone as he has ASD and takes things so literally it would break his heart. So I smiled and thanked him and am now laid listening to him chant his times tables over greys anatomy on my laptop 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

One upside of shielding is no need to panic tidy!
I think that may have been my downfall. “Well...no ones coming round...” I’ve hoovered, mopped as I have dogs, and thoroughly cleaned the kitchen sides daily. Everything else has become so cluttered though, I’m gonna have to make a start.

• Heart
  • Haha
I am a terrible insomniac and was prescribed quite heavy sleeping tablets when I was 24 but realised I had become addicted or completely reliant at least so I had to ween myself off. I have found a few things that work or help.
Sounds ridiculous but sleep Hypnosis videos or playlists (I think they bore me to sleep) audio books too.
Space masks. I also sometimes take strong antihistamines which work too. Other times nothing will work

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I stay downstairs til about 11 after last let the dog out for a wee then I go to bed, I can be yawning my head off but for about 3 weeks now I just can’t sleep before 3-3:30 no matter how hard I try. Then I wake up and I’m like shit on a stick and I try keep busy through the day etc and like I said I’m yawning but that sleep just won’t happen. Or I have one lucky night when asleep about 1 but then next night back to norm 😩 I shouldn’t have to rely on sleep tablets to help me get back to norm cos like last time that was a short fix then a week later was back to normal.

hrh89

VIP Member
7am and haven’t slept all night.. does anyone have any tips on getting back to a normal sleep pattern? I have a lot of stress, anxiety and depression so it’s super hard to just lie in bed and sleep. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t seem to break this cycle of up all night sleep all day 😢

• Heart

Nosey Moo

Chatty Member
I feel so lethargic today 🥱 finally been able to speak to my drs though and they’re upping my anti depressant dosage so fingers crossed that helps a tad 🤞🏻

• Heart