Come talk to me...(insomnia)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...I can’t sleep. Night shifts, then no night shifts hits me hard. After 72 hours solid awake the doctor prescribed diazepam. It seems I’m immune to it. I feel no different.
So. Is anyone else struggling to sleep? Want a thread to come and chat about nothing at 4am when it feels like the whole world is asleep but you?

Reactions: 8
Bless you. My sleep has been ridiculous for a while now. I lost my fiancé to suicide just over a year ago and probably since then. Drives me mad. What do you do?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I dont sleep during the night. Depression does that to you. I stay up all night and sleep all day. Currently watching old big brother episodes 😂

Bless you. My sleep has been ridiculous for a while now. I lost my fiancé to suicide just over a year ago and probably since then. Drives me mad. What do you do?
so sorry to hear that thinking of you right now 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My sleep has gone terrible this past month. Dunno if it’s still side effects from my new antidepressants or what but it’s driving me mad 🙈

Oh sending much love. We lost my BIL the same way just over a year ago too. I feel like I failed him daily. The Manics lied in that song. Thinking of you ❤❤❤

...I can’t sleep. Night shifts, then no night shifts hits me hard. After 72 hours solid awake the doctor prescribed diazepam. It seems I’m immune to it. I feel no different.
So. Is anyone else struggling to sleep? Want a thread to come and chat about nothing at 4am when it feels like the whole world is asleep but you?
Diazepam didn't work on me when I was prescribed it. How regular are your nights shifts? I know people who do 4 on and 4 off. It's tough.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry to hear this, I really am. My inbox is always open if you need a chat, vent, rage, anything x

I’m a palliative nurse. Crazy shifts.

Oh sending much love. We lost my BIL the same way just over a year ago too. I feel like I failed him daily. The Manics lied in that song. Thinking of you ❤❤❤

Diazepam didn't work on me when I was prescribed it. How regular are your nights shifts? I know people who do 4 on and 4 off. It's tough.
At the moment it’s pretty random, staffing issues etc we weren’t fully staffed before Covid hit

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry to hear this, I really am. My inbox is always open if you need a chat, vent, rage, anything x

At the moment it’s pretty random, staffing issues etc we weren’t fully staffed before Covid hit
Oh goodness what an emotional role you do; I can't imagine the pressures. Do you know the cause behind why you can't sleep,is it the inconsistency if shifts?

Oh goodness what an emotional role you do; I can't imagine the pressures. Do you know the cause behind why you can't sleep,is it the inconsistency if shifts?
It’s a privilege, I adore my job 😊

I think I just get to the point that I’m too tired to sleep if you know what I mean? Sounds, even expected ones such as closing a cupboard door, will send a jolt through my body. I just need resetting I think. A night or two of decent sleep and I’ll be back to normal i think. I’m never a heavy sleeper, and I’ve always woken a few times each night but I’ve never had a problem getting back to sleep, well nothing more than a hot drink would solve. At the moment I just can’t fall asleep at all. It’s not nights of broken sleep but literally no sleep ☹

It’s a privilege, I adore my job 😊

I think I just get to the point that I’m too tired to sleep if you know what I mean? Sounds, even expected ones such as closing a cupboard door, will send a jolt through my body. I just need resetting I think. A night or two of decent sleep and I’ll be back to normal i think. I’m never a heavy sleeper, and I’ve always woken a few times each night but I’ve never had a problem getting back to sleep, well nothing more than a hot drink would solve. At the moment I just can’t fall asleep at all. It’s not nights of broken sleep but literally no sleep ☹
😟 I knows what you mean. Not the same but I woke at 3 and my alarm goes off in an hour do I just haven't bothered. Are you at least able to rest- you're not frantically cleaning the house or anything are you?

😟 I knows what you mean. Not the same but I woke at 3 and my alarm goes off in an hour do I just haven't bothered. Are you at least able to rest- you're not frantically cleaning the house or anything are you?
No I’m watching Netflix. I don’t frantically do anything don’t worry 😂

ah the timing sucks doesn’t it. I try not to clock watch or I’ll find myself mentally calculating and I’ll start bargaining with myself “if I fall asleep in the next five minutes I’ll have x amount of sleep”

No I’m watching Netflix. I don’t frantically do anything don’t worry 😂

ah the timing sucks doesn’t it. I try not to clock watch or I’ll find myself mentally calculating and I’ll start bargaining with myself “if I fall asleep in the next five minutes I’ll have x amount of sleep”
😂😂
I do the same clockwatching too. It's a witch. Anything good in Netflix?

I’m up with baby, have been since 4.30. He’s asleep now but thrashing around in his crib! I’m sorry to those of you who have lost people. I hope you can all get some sleep soon x

• Heart
I am a terrible insomniac and was prescribed quite heavy sleeping tablets when I was 24 but realised I had become addicted or completely reliant at least so I had to ween myself off. I have found a few things that work or help.
Sounds ridiculous but sleep Hypnosis videos or playlists (I think they bore me to sleep) audio books too.
Space masks. I also sometimes take strong antihistamines which work too. Other times nothing will work

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope it didn’t come across as looking for sympathy - that wasn’t my intention.
I get so frustrated with not being able to sleep, I’ve been re watching shameless on Netflix! If anyone has any Netflix recommendations I’d love them lol!

That’s an incredible job, your amazing ❤

Bless you. It’s so so hard isn’t it. Sending you so much love back! I feel exactly the same way about my fiancé.

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope it didn’t come across as looking for sympathy - that wasn’t my intention.
I get so frustrated with not being able to sleep, I’ve been re watching shameless on Netflix! If anyone has any Netflix recommendations I’d love them lol!

That’s an incredible job, your amazing ❤

Bless you. It’s so so hard isn’t it. Sending you so much love back! I feel exactly the same way about my fiancé.
It didn't come across to me like you wanted sympathy at all. We're a little community and people share as they feel comfortable with. ❤

My Netflix recommendations are Sex Education, The Crown, 100 Humans, Black Mirror, Magic for Humans, Dirty John and Dead to Me. There's lots of non-Netflix originals as well which are brilliant.

If ever you want to talk about your fiance, do message me. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It didn't come across to me like you wanted sympathy at all. We're a little community and people share as they feel comfortable with. ❤

My Netflix recommendations are Sex Education, The Crown, 100 Humans, Black Mirror, Magic for Humans, Dirty John and Dead to Me. There's lots of non-Netflix originals as well which are brilliant.

If ever you want to talk about your fiance, do message me. Xx
Oh good. Thank you so much, that does mean a lot to me.
I have watched a few of those and loved them. - Dead to me was especially good! Have you watched afterlife? I’m not a huge Ricky gervais fan at all but I thought he did it really well, and I found it really relatable.

It’s 2 years ago today that my fiancé proposed to me. You really don’t realise how many ‘dates’ are significant till the persons gone.

• Sad