Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re taking it very well Thelma but let’s be real, you’ll probably be back the season after next 😆
Wave to Fulham on the way back up, though what a season they’ve had in the Champ!

You’re taking it very well Thelma but let’s be real, you’ll probably be back the season after next 😆
Wave to Fulham on the way back up, though what a season they’ve had in the Champ!

Reactions: 1
I saw Delia at full time grinning away like you'd just been declared safe not relegated.

Our Leeds are doing our best to join you in the Championship. 💙💛⚽👊🏻
What do you think of Jesse Marsch? I think he comes across quite likeable tbh. But i dont support Leeds (im a liverpool season ticket holder) so i dont follow Leeds the way you do. But as an outsider, he does seem quite a decent bloke.

I am quite angry about it, but it's been on the cards for most of the season, so have had time to get used to it!

@ordinaryjelly She makes me so mad! Little old Norwich having a fun day out..Ffs 🤬

Reactions: 2
What do you think of Jesse Marsch? I think he comes across quite likeable tbh. But i dont support Leeds (im a liverpool season ticket holder) so i dont follow Leeds the way you do. But as an outsider, he does seem quite a decent bloke.
Marsch does come across as a good guy
and likeable. I would always support him because I want Leeds to do well but there is something not quite right with Bielsa missing, his bucket is gone and the board handled it horribly.

But Marsch has come in and picked up a lot of points, we'd be in the relegation zone without him. Much as I loved Bielsa, I now don't think his style of football would have kept us up.

Time will tell on Marsch. If he keeps us up the board will have to invest in the playing squad and I'm not convinced they will do that, if not what's the point?

Bielsa is just missed. The football is different. Not better just different. And after those years of Bielsaball it is hard to adjust.

I am quite angry about it, but it's been on the cards for most of the season, so have had time to get used to it!

@ordinaryjelly She makes me so mad! Little old Norwich having a fun day out..Ffs 🤬
I’ve found this season to be the hardest as a supporter for many years. I just don’t know what the answer is to prolonged Premiership success. Obviously we need to spend a bit more than we did and choose better players! But even then - is the ‘small club’ mentality so insidious in our psyche that we can’t get past it?

Reactions: 1
I’ve found this season to be the hardest as a supporter for many years. I just don’t know what the answer is to prolonged Premiership success. Obviously we need to spend a bit more than we did and choose better players! But even then - is the ‘small club’ mentality so insidious in our psyche that we can’t get past it?
I think the small club label is what Delia likes the most 🥴

I'm hoping to take my kids to a ladies match. Their school was promoting that last match , £3 entry for adults free for kids i believe it was
Yeah it was, amazing really

They've just proven again to me why I love that club to bits (trying earlier not to cry haha, for good reasons though), last time I did something like that, which had at least something vaguely to do with football (make me cry that was) was the Hillsborough Distaster documentary. Think that was the 2016 one, but of course for entirely different reasons.

My Dad's a born Geordie (his whole family are haha), actually though is a bit of a long one, my granddad on that sides sister Betty (one of my late Aunties), married Reg (my late Uncle) was great (most in family say were best friends) in Ashington Colliery with Jackie Milburn before he played for NUFC, was a pit electrician. Is a story going back to when Reg couldn't pass his driving test and Jackie offered to sit in on Reg's, so all the examiner did was spend the whole time with Jackie talking about NUFC 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure why but my dads got Jackie's England badge.

Eddie Howe since he went to it, gave the mens squad the day off

Last edited:
  • Heart
Watched QPR on Friday. First time at a football match I've used a radio set so that as someone who is visually impaired, I can hear the game. Makes it so much easier! (especially when your friends get alcohol at half time and you miss the start because you're not allowed alcohol in the stands)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just really hope Real Madrid beat Liverpool if city don’t win

Well changed the holiday I requested 😭🙄
I’m hoping for Real Madrid to win. They’ve had some brilliant come backs this champions league. Feel sorry for city though. Must be awful to lose it that late into the game 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.