Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just dont really understand why there is a need for it personally. Ive been a football supporter for nearly 30 years and haven't been on the pitch once. Not that there has been much to celebrate 😂🙈 but even when we have avoided relegation I have never thought oh do you know what would make this better, being on the pitch. Celebrating with the people I sit around, fans I know means so much more to me than celebrating with football players who in reality DGAF and want to get away 🙈 but I guess in a massive stadium with tens of thousands of fans its not as small and intimate as it has been for me and knowing the majority of people who sit around you well.

Personally feel it's too difficult to prevent accidents happening aswell. Not just players or staff being injured. None of it intentionally but there are sometimes small kids out there who could easily get trampled or hurt.
absolutely this - it instantly becomes a dangerous situation because you have fans swarming players, too many people on the pitch for stewards to keep track of, risk of people being trampled/general injury. the videos we’ve seen, especially the patrick viera one, just show that a lot of fans do it with the sole purpose of goading the opposition too.

just seen man city are launching an investigation into the olsen situation too, there’s no need.

plus, what’s the benefit? wow, you were on the pitch, well done. they had to delay the trophy celebration and the players all had to rush to the tunnel instead of enjoying the moment. just stay in your seat and enjoy 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Blimey, were none of you football fans in the 70s/80s/early90s?

People going onto the pitch to hurt others are not the same as people wanting to come together to celebrate.

Reactions: 2
How would people stop if?
Point deductions? But how many fans would need to invade for points to be deducted?
Fences? Feel this could be more dangerous as some people will try and climb them and rush them and people will get crushed.
I guess banning them from future games would be easiest but I think that’s be hard on the scale of invasion we have seen recently plus people will probably just cover their faces to avoid that.

I wasnt born in the 70s and barely born in the 80s but Id say that health and safety back then was of less concern and people just did what they liked.

Re policing it Im really not sure but I know since my (albeit) small club pleaded with fans not to do it and heavily stewarded the area where fans tended to escape its not happened when it did happen at least once a season prior to that and we're not talking the dark ages it was 2015/2016ish if I recall correctly.

Also I think you need to look at the potential for serious injury. I know for a fact some games in Scotland if 2 lots of rival fans got onto a pitch it'd be absolute chaos 😬 pointing no fingers 🙈

@ordinaryjelly My holiday next door neighbour put 2 Leeds towels out on the balcony today!

I like pitch invasions..99% of the people just want to do it peacefully and enjoy themselves..it's the 1 % that ruin it by confronting opposing players and fans, there is no need to do that and ruin it for everyone else..

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t mind pitch invasions at the end of the game, it’s when they do it during the game that really fucks me off. I’m gutted we got 7th and not 6th but still pleased with a really good season. Can’t wait to see what the transfer window brings.

Reactions: 5
I like pitch invasions..99% of the people just want to do it peacefully and enjoy themselves..it's the 1 % that ruin it by confronting opposing players and fans, there is no need to do that and ruin it for everyone else..
i think that’s it - in their most innocent form then pitch invasions at the final whistle are generally fine, but i think they’ve gone beyond how they were in the 80s/90s (as someone mentioned above) when it was genuinely an expression of joy. there’s too many fans now using them as a way to goad or, like we’ve had a couple of times over the last few weeks, physically attack opposition players and coaching staff.

if there’s any safety risk, to fans, to players, to staff, then they need to stop tbh. i don’t doubt that the majority of fans just want to celebrate but you have to accept that there’s a couple in that huge number who are there to cause trouble. sadly, a few have ruined it for the majority.

Excited for the new season! Who do we reckon will win the community shield? Liverpool are going to be more match fit seeing as they’ve played 4 pre season games vs city’s two pre season games (& one was a 80 min game)

If anyone wants to join a tattle fantasy football league, I’ve made one

Last edited:
I’ve got a season ticket this season so I’m excited!! Tempted to join the fantasy league but I’m so tit with the commitment of it 😂

I’ve got a season ticket this season so I’m excited!! Tempted to join the fantasy league but I’m so tit with the commitment of it 😂
So jealous! Which stand are you in?
my brother is in the BML right by the corner flag but it’s too rowdy down there for me 🤣

More than ready. We have lost some key players but used the money to reinvest on some players who look exciting. We have had a decent pre season as well. Now this will be Marsch's team we'll see what he is all about. My family have session tickets. So I am jealous , but my son plays academy football at an another club so I am not sure how that will work out.

So jealous! Which stand are you in?
my brother is in the BML right by the corner flag but it’s too rowdy down there for me 🤣
The west stand! Not far from the half way line Row 6 🤣 though I wish I’d gone further back cos there’s no shelter when it rains 😅😅😅

The west stand! Not far from the half way line Row 6 🤣 though I wish I’d gone further back cos there’s no shelter when it rains 😅😅😅
Yeah you’ve had a mare with that 😂 at least it’s nice and loud that end. Can’t bare being too far up with the old boys who haven’t got it in them to sing anymore

• Haha
Yeah you’ve had a mare with that 😂 at least it’s nice and loud that end. Can’t bare being too far up with the old boys who haven’t got it in them to sing anymore
Last game of the season I had my mates season ticket and he was right right right at the top it was diabolical even my son who’s 5 was like why we so high up 🤣 I’ll have to get myself a rain Mac or something 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.