Club football #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an exciting day. My fitness watch is telling me to de stress 😂

The pitch invasions shouldnt be allowed because of potential for injury and chaos. Not sure how you stop it but I know my team in Scotland have been charged for breaching SPL rules and threatened to ban fans if they do it again. Its not happened since afaik.

Reactions: 4
What an exciting day. My fitness watch is telling me to de stress 😂

The pitch invasions shouldnt be allowed because of potential for injury and chaos. Not sure how you stop it but I know my team in Scotland have been charged for breaching SPL rules and threatened to ban fans if they do it again. Its not happened since afaik.
the only way, imo, is to actually dock points from the club, i find them so scary to watch and it also means that the team can’t actually celebrate themselves because they’ve almost immediately got a 40-year-old man climbing all over them. the scenes with security trying to get man city down the tunnel was a hard watch, not to mention the abuse the opposition must take.

aside from the danger i also find them embarrassing 🤣 like you’re a grown man, stop trying to jump on pep’s back and STAY IN YOUR SEAT.

the only way, imo, is to actually dock points from the club, i find them so scary to watch and it also means that the team can’t actually celebrate themselves because they’ve almost immediately got a 40-year-old man climbing all over them. the scenes with security trying to get man city down the tunnel was a hard watch, not to mention the abuse the opposition must take.

aside from the danger i also find them embarrassing 🤣 like you’re a grown man, stop trying to jump on pep’s back and STAY IN YOUR SEAT.
Would absolutely agree. Its not fair to expect stewards being paid minimum wage to manage that either. Points deduction is the only way to stop it. The massive clubs can pay any fines and it not be a big deal.

Also youre right, it is ick inducing to see 😂

Reactions: 2
My husband is in this photo. God Bless Rapha! No idea why it has become shirts off, but hey ho.

FTYPCK0WQAAFa9d.jpg

Reactions: 5
I don’t know I have mixed feelings as it’s the fans showing passion which people want. Teams get hate for not showing passion so 🤷‍♀️
How many City fans on the pitch today did we see taking selfies/smoking/completely hiding their faces.. I personally don't think that's passion. I love away games & the atmosphere and the last thing on my mind is whipping my phone out and taking photos.

Also I feel for the players who can and do get injured as a result.

Reactions: 1
I personally just think let people celebrate however the duck they want. Fans work hard to pay their money to go and watch their team and as we all know it can be mentally and physically exhausting reallt following your football team. As long as no one gets hurt I don’t have a problem with them personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So apparently Robin Olsen was attacked during the pitch invasion today?
I read that he felt something hit him on the back of the head whilst he left the pitch but didn’t know what it was and he walked off fine. Villa aren’t going to make a complaint. Obviously shouldn’t happen still.

I read that he felt something hit him on the back of the head whilst he left the pitch but didn’t know what it was and he walked off fine. Villa aren’t going to make a complaint. Obviously shouldn’t happen still.
Ah ok. Im only watching coverage on SS and theyre using attacked. Saw SG walk out of the interview too.

I don't really get the uproar about pitch invasions. I have been on the pitch multiple times when we have had cause to do so. I can't imagine being sanitised and told what celebrations are allowed and what are not.

Reactions: 3
Ah ok. Im only watching coverage on SS and theyre using attacked. Saw SG walk out of the interview too.
Just saw a journalist put that on Twitter. I mean I guess if that is what happened that happens often with people throwing things from stands. Probably making it sound worse if that was the case of what happened due to what happened in the other pitch invasions recently.

How many City fans on the pitch today did we see taking selfies/smoking/completely hiding their faces.. I personally don't think that's passion. I love away games & the atmosphere and the last thing on my mind is whipping my phone out and taking photos.

Also I feel for the players who can and do get injured as a result.
Don’t see an issue with people taking pictures of them having a good time, people take pictures of everything nowadays. Who doesn’t want a memory of the day.

I think pitch invasions for surviving relegation is embrassing though. Celebrating for doing the minimum possible but for winning trophies I understand.

I just dont really understand why there is a need for it personally. Ive been a football supporter for nearly 30 years and haven't been on the pitch once. Not that there has been much to celebrate 😂🙈 but even when we have avoided relegation I have never thought oh do you know what would make this better, being on the pitch. Celebrating with the people I sit around, fans I know means so much more to me than celebrating with football players who in reality DGAF and want to get away 🙈 but I guess in a massive stadium with tens of thousands of fans its not as small and intimate as it has been for me and knowing the majority of people who sit around you well.

Personally feel it's too difficult to prevent accidents happening aswell. Not just players or staff being injured. None of it intentionally but there are sometimes small kids out there who could easily get trampled or hurt.

Reactions: 1
My brothers been on the pitch before 🤣. I haven’t but I probably would. I’ve had the camera on me once though 🤣 Luckily I’d just had my hair done and I’d actually put make up on 🤣🤣

As I said on the other thread, I’m gutted we didn’t get something off Liverpool. I think maybe if Neto and Sa stay on, we do but it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♀️. Really think we could have pushed higher up the table before that bad run but eh, just time for a new rebuild and maybe next year!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.